Author Topic: Batter Boards!!  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Batter Boards!!
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »
I apologize in advance if this is too spammy of a post, but I finally got these adjustable - re-useable batter boards ( they are REALLY , REALLY Popular and are always on back order - I got mine after 3 months wait at Mike's tools - they would call me every so often and ask if I still wanted them) 

I am really, really impressed with the build quality. Welds are done right, everything is powder coated and it has that 1950s "Made in America" feel if you know what I mean..(though I can neither confirm or deny that they were actually made in America. ) there is at least $40 of steel in them, not including the labor- so the $110 bucks most are charging is well worth it.

When I told my buddy we would be laying out the array with batter boards this was the exact reaction I got:

::doublebird::

It was great to watch the light bulb go on over his head when he saw how you could adjust them.  If you have any sort of squaring project coming up - a deck, an addition, a solar array - you want these. And I think these are the only tools I own that might make it to my kid, and maybe to my grand kids.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Batter Boards!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 11:21:14 AM »
Looks like they'll save some time and it gives the math/spatially-challenged people a break!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.