Author Topic: Maybe It's Time for a 'C Student' for President  (Read 1669 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Maybe It's Time for a 'C Student' for President
« on: September 12, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »
Filed under 2012 Election, Constitution, Economics, Education

The Uber-Liberal Daily Kos website has published Texas governor Rick Perry’s college transcripts. You can view them here. Perry was no scholar at Texas A&M University. He was a C student. Liberals see this as a disqualification for a presidential candidate. At least we have the governor’s transcripts. The same can’t be said for the sitting president whose college and law school transcripts have not been made public.

A person’s grades are not always determinative of what he or she does in life. There are lots of C students who have gone on to do great things and lots of A students who have been miserable failures. Liberals are notorious for pushing how smart a candidate is. Barack Obama is said to be one of our smartest presidents. If he is so smart, then why is he spending money we don’t have? Why can’t he fix the economy? It’s very easy to do. It wouldn’t take me more than 15 minutes to lay out a strategy, and I didn’t go to Harvard Law School.

The best educational job I ever had was working in a hardware store. I learned how to cut glass, thread pipe, make concrete slabs, drive a dump truck, run a Bobcat, mix paint, and a thousand and one other things. One day a frustrated woman came into the store holding some mangled plumbing fixtures. Her scholar husband couldn’t hammer a nail, fix a plumbing leak, or do typical handyman repairs. I know a lot of really smart people who know little about economics, and what they think they know are the very things that are destroying our economy.

This debate over college grades and governmental competency reminded me of David Halberstam’s 1972 book The Best and the Brightest. “The focus of the book is on the foreign policy crafted by the academics and intellectuals who were in John F. Kennedy’s administration, and the consequences of those policies in Vietnam.” The phrase “the best and the brightest” referred to President Kennedy’s “‘whiz kids’ — leaders of industry and academia brought into the Kennedy administration — whom Halberstam characterized as arrogantly insisting on ‘brilliant policies that defied common sense’ . . .” These so-called intellectuals got us into Vietnam, got more than 58,000 Americans and 1.5 million Vietnamese killed, and couldn’t get us. The iconic scene of people desperately trying to escape by helicopter is a fitting image of what the “best and the brightest” got us into.

Read more: Maybe It’s Time for a ‘C Student’ for President | Godfather Politics http://godfatherpolitics.com/905/maybe-its-time-for-a-c-student-for-president/#ixzz1XlUbfw8p

Worked for me, just look how good I turned out? ::beavisbutthead::

charlesoakwood

Re: Maybe It's Time for a 'C Student' for President
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 03:25:50 PM »

The best and the brightest:
                                        Robert McNamara and his brightest idea...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »
I'll take a "C" student who is giving 100% over an "A" student who thinks his chit don't stink.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »
Wasn't Perry a pre-veterinary student? In the early 1970s? That would mean he was a student of the natural sciences in a time period when a university education was still for the most part rigorous.

I would put an honest C/B student from the real sciences up against any of these Wunderkind types from the liberal arts.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 05:07:34 PM »

He's just another jet jockey.   

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 06:59:43 PM »
Book smarts and wisdom are not necessarily related. Education and morality are not necessarily related. Credentials and ideology are not necessarily related. But wisdom and morality form an enduring ideology.

All I know is that I am desperate to know in my gut that the next President of the United States loves America and treats her unique position in human history with the awe that she deserves. I don't care if he or she is a ***ing high-school dropout, if they love the country, and can do the job.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 07:24:26 PM »

I think *all the folks on the stage right now love's America.
I want the one who can make it happen.

*Huntsman just appeared, he doesn't know America.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 07:27:35 PM »

I think *all the folks on the stage right now love's America.
I want the one who can make it happen.

*Huntsman just appeared, he doesn't know America.

He goes to China at Obama's request, is reluctantly videotaped at a riot before denying who he is and ducking away in the crowd, returns, and launches a campaign against Obama.

That guy stinks like death.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 07:45:18 PM »

Michele says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X7h9jLCqFc#
                                   Sly and the Family Stone - You Can Make It If You Try

Go Michele!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 07:54:38 PM »

Anybody eat at a Burger King where and when Cain was regional manager?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 08:23:51 PM »
pResident Skid-mark was only a C- student too. If he had done any better the phonies would be parading it all over.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 09:04:33 PM »
Book smarts and wisdom are not necessarily related.

That's no lie. I've known engineers who were brilliant with a book but could hide their own Easter Eggs. ::facepalm::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 06:30:07 AM »
He's an honest C student, with an honest major.

As opposed to a Poli Sci retard (which already marks you among the dumbest people on a college campus), with grades he himself is ashamed of releasing?

I know who I pick.  Perry is looking better and better to me, in the current field.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 06:54:28 AM »
pResident Skid-mark was only a C- student too. If he had done any better the phonies would be parading it all over.

BINGO! ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 07:24:32 AM »
So, the Kooky Kos Kids can dig up Perry's transcript's but Barry's are buried beyond reach...that's enough to set alarm bells of in any belfry...but these batsh*t effing morons in KosLand are tone deaf to their own bullsh*t.

Next thing you know the Leftists will bring up the gravitas thing again...

::hysterical::

Too bad TOTUS has 1,000,000 times as much gravitas as Duh Wun...(literally 1,000,000 to Lil' Barry's 1!)...

::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;