Author Topic: Pawlenty endorses Romney  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Pawlenty endorses Romney
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 10:12:54 AM »
 ::asskicking::

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 10:35:42 AM »
Pawlenty and Romney gives hope to the squishy middle that they won't have to take a stand.

::puke::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 11:29:55 AM »

Uh, Staff.  Add this one plz?

::kiss-my-ass::

This one's not good?

Not bad, except you don't get the look on Mitten's face, as Pawlenty kisses away.

::smileykissup::

Please pay my debts, oh please please please....

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 12:10:37 AM »

Whores.  Just about the whole lot of 'em.

What we have learned is that Tim Pawlenty is a rather shameless whore,             

“If Tim Pawlenty wants our help, that’s something we’d help him with, just as we help all our friends.”
– Andrew Saul, Romney campaign spokeswoman

See? Everybody knows what this is about. We can further stipulate as something else “everybody knows” that Pawlenty would have sold his endorsement to any Republican candidate who had agreed to pick up his tab. What we have learned is that Tim Pawlenty is a rather shameless whore, and if I had an intern, I’d assign them do Lexis-Nexis searches for articles from six or eight months ago in which reputable commentators discussed Pawlenty as a viable conservative alternative to Romney.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 12:53:57 AM »
Yep, that's me; on the cutting edge.   ::)

Like the unpaid staffers working for Muskie in ’72, Pawlenty’s top staff reportedly agreed to work without pay when his campaign ran low on cash in the weeks leading up to last month’s Ames straw poll. But professional Republican campaign operatives are not altruistic volunteers. To “work without pay” is actually to defer payment, so that your agreed-upon salary, a matter of contractual obligation, is billed to the campaign as a debt. Ditto the contractors, vendors and consultants.

Pawlenty’s rumored “six-figure” campaign debt, then, is owed in large measure to his former top campaign operatives as back pay. And by agreeing to pick up Pawlenty’s tab — c’mon, everybody knows that’s the deal here — Romney is thereby agreeing to pay the salaries of guys who, until a month ago, were contractually obligated to do all in their power to defeat Romney.

This is the kind of stuff that makes people cynical about politics, but if you’re not cynical about politics, it’s only because you don’t actually know anything about politics. Professional campaign operatives are all hired guns. I’m sure they have their ideals — don’t we all? — but idealism doesn’t pay the rent and, when push comes to shove, they work for whoever agrees to hire them. If some of Pawlenty’s former staffers eventually turn up on the staff of Mitt Romney, this is no more a judgment on the character of the ex-Pawlenty people than whatever damned fool notion made them think Tim Pawlenty ever had a ghost’s chance of winning the GOP nomination.

Very informative, doncha think?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 09:26:32 AM »
I was a paid staff member for Chuck Grassley's first senate campaign.  At one point I think I was the only one working in the campaign headquarters office that could actually vote for him!

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."