Author Topic: Vegan couple get life for killing their baby  (Read 2129 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Vegan couple get life for killing their baby
« on: September 12, 2011, 08:59:16 PM »
http://www.katc.com/news/vegan-couple-s-life-sentence-holds-in-baby-s-death/

ATLANTA (AP) - An Atlanta vegan couple whose malnourished 6-week-old son starved to death after they fed him a too-limited diet of soy milk and apple juice will have to serve their life sentences for murder, Georgia's top court ruled on Monday.

The Georgia Supreme Court's unanimous decision rejected appeals by Jade Sanders and Lamont Thomas.

The two first-time parents in their 20s at the time lived in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood. They rushed their infant, Crown Shakur, to the hospital in April 2004 after he began to have trouble breathing. Doctors who couldn't resuscitate him determined he died because of extreme malnourishment or starvation.

Police searching the couple's apartment found a soy milk bottle, an apple juice bottle and a rancid-smelling baby bottle caked with debris.

At the 2007 trial, prosecutors said the soy milk cartons in their apartment stated that it wasn't to be used as a substitute for baby formula. They also contended that the couple intentionally neglected their child and refused to take him to the doctor even as his body wasted away. He was just 3.5 pounds when he died, about as much as a baby weighs at 7 months into a normal pregnancy.

The stupidity of libtards knows no bounds.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

ttomm46

Re: Vegan couple get life for killing their baby
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:34:59 PM »
To liberals babies are disposable

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:24:52 AM »
To liberals the value of life is relative. If the life in question is theirs or someone or something that they personally value then it is important. If the life in question is not their own then all bets are off.

The unborn? unimportant

The infirm? unimportant

The mentally deficient? unimportant

The very young? unimportant

The very old? unimportant

The only questions needing an answer are how to dispatch the inconvenient life and then how to tastefully dispose of the remains.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 05:29:08 AM »
Dang, Trap. You make it sound like Libs are kinda like Nazis . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 07:04:43 AM »
To liberals the value of life is relative. If the life in question is theirs or someone or something that they personally value then it is important. If the life in question is not their own then all bets are off.

The unborn? unimportant

The infirm? unimportant

The mentally deficient? unimportant

The very young? unimportant

The very old? unimportant

The only questions needing an answer are how to dispatch the inconvenient life and then how to tastefully dispose of the remains.

Actually these are VERY important when they want our tax dollars to support them.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 07:51:48 AM »
All the above is right, but especially that Nazi comparison!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 09:56:15 AM »
Ironically, I had just mentioned this sort of child abuse in the thread about the nanny state social workers in Britain threatening to take away overweight kids. This sort of thing -- vegans forcing infants onto an unnatural diet -- generates none of the same "concern" as kids who are mildly overweight.

Where's Social Services threatening urban granola parents with confiscation of their children?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 10:34:15 AM »
Ironically, I had just mentioned this sort of child abuse in the thread about the nanny state social workers in Britain threatening to take away overweight kids. This sort of thing -- vegans forcing infants onto an unnatural diet -- generates none of the same "concern" as kids who are mildly overweight.

Where's Social Services threatening urban granola parents with confiscation of their children?

Here's the crux ...

"No matter how many times they want to say, `We're vegans, we're vegetarians,' that's not the issue in this case," prosecutor Chuck Boring said during the trial. "The child died because he was not fed. Period."

The kid's name was Crown Shakur.  What does that tell you?

I don't know if the two fckwit parents were vegans or not, but the kid was only six weeks old and there wasn't time nor opportunity for the "authorities" to twig to a problem.

I will add this:  with all the hoohah about overweight kids, too many are not getting the nutrition they need, which is whole milk and meat.  Too many carbs, including the much-touted "fiber-y" kind -- even in vegetables -- is not a good diet for anyone.  In my never to be humble opinion.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 10:43:24 AM »
Stupid, selfish people.

I'm not sure it's a liberal thing.  Or vegetarian thing.  (I know vegs who are annoyingly over concerned about what they and their kids eat and would never starve their kids).

It's about responsibility.

Being a grown up.

With the legalization of abortion, it became acceptable to put yourself before anyone else and not be accused of being selfish.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 11:23:39 AM »

Here's the crux ...

"No matter how many times they want to say, `We're vegans, we're vegetarians,' that's not the issue in this case," prosecutor Chuck Boring said during the trial. "The child died because he was not fed. Period."

The kid's name was Crown Shakur.  What does that tell you?

I don't know if the two fckwit parents were vegans or not, but the kid was only six weeks old and there wasn't time nor opportunity for the "authorities" to twig to a problem.

I will add this:  with all the hoohah about overweight kids, too many are not getting the nutrition they need, which is whole milk and meat.  Too many carbs, including the much-touted "fiber-y" kind -- even in vegetables -- is not a good diet for anyone.  In my never to be humble opinion.

Tells me a lot...

The parents are batsh*t effing nuts and the kid was doomed from the start and lucky to live a day with these freaks!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »
You can't fix stupid. ::facepalm::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 07:03:12 PM »
Give them soy milk and apple juice till they drop dead!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 08:16:20 PM »
Crown Shakur. The first warning sign that was missed on this child's path to the grave.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 08:49:51 PM »

Here's the crux ...

Of all the dioramas, caricatures, and recreations of pre-historic man, not one depicts him grazing or gardening but they do depict him with weapons hunting meat, cooking and eating it.