Author Topic: Will Congress stop the NLRB?  (Read 1634 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Will Congress stop the NLRB?
« on: September 13, 2011, 01:44:23 PM »
Per John Locke, AFP author Phil Kerpen writes:

With the odds stacked against Boeing and other employers, it’s up to Congress to step in. Fortunately, Congress is expected to vote as soon as this week on H.R. 2587, the Protecting Jobs from Government Interference Act. The bill, sponsored by Rep. Tim Scott (R., S.C.), would prevent the NLRB from ordering any employer to close, relocate, or transfer employment, protecting businesses from overreach by the agency.

Yes, it has actually come to this in America. We need legislation to confirm that employers can decide where to conduct business.

This bill is not just about Boeing and South Carolina. All states have a stake in preventing this precedent from being set. Right-to-work states lose if companies already operating in forced-unionism states cannot locate facilities there without being accused of an unfair labor practice. At the same time, forced-unionism states stand to lose significant investment, because companies will perceive that if they open a U.S. facility in a forced-unionism state, they will never be able to expand to right-to-work states without risk of NLRB action. It’s much easier to just locate production abroad.

It’s clear where the American people stand. A poll by the Tarrance Group released yesterday found that after being given a lengthy description of the case, 78 percent of voters side with Boeing.

We’ll find out soon where every member of the House stands — with economic freedom, job creation, and common sense, or with union bosses and unlimited bureaucratic power.

The rest can be found here, at National Review Online.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Will Congress stop the NLRB?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 04:12:59 PM »
Time to destroy the tyranny of the NLRB by repealing that progressive POS NLRA once and for all!

::gaah::

No government has a right to tell any private enterprise what state they can or cannot operate in.

Boeing shareholders would be better served selling the company assets off and closing doors that to accept such authoritarian BS!

Such a Bill should not even be required, but all means must be employed to tell proglodyte dictators to go to hell!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »
I could have sworn I heard a clip of Romney saying any new stimulus should include a provision prohibiting the NLRB from interferring.

I looked and couldn't find it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 07:30:04 PM »
I could have sworn I heard a clip of Romney saying any new stimulus should include a provision prohibiting the NLRB from interferring.

I sure hope that he didn't. No porkulus and no NLRB!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 09:11:40 PM »

I sure hope that he didn't. No porkulus and no NLRB!

AH but he did.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
Well then, you'll just love this Gallup poll then...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149423/Perry-Leads-Romney-Gaining-GOP-Favorability.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines%20-%20Politics

And this - "Mitt Romney is the only announced candidate whose Positive Intensity Score has improved significantly in recent weeks."

PS-I wonder how many of these "Republican's and Republican-leaning Independents" are actually that and what percentage of each identify as conservative or Tea Party?!  That would be more meaningful!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 10:46:27 AM »
Polls and graphs are only showing the degree to which the fix is in (IMO).

The GOP establishment wants Romney as "our" guy. This is my long-held belief. I can only support it anecdotally but haven't (yet) seen anything to dissuade me from that position.

They trotted Romney out in '08 and he ran a decent - but not spectacular race. He was 'bested' by the then 'chosen one' McCain. That was because the establishment had already selected McCain and that was how it was going to be. Now they've selected Romney for 2012 and that's how that will be.

When  I discovered that they were rigging the race for McCain I vowed to sit it out. He wasn't an acceptable candidate and couldn't win. Later when I wussed out and recanted I consoled myself by saying, "I didn't vote for McCain - I voted for Palin". Since then we've learned that PeeWee Herman would make a more competent president than Øbongo.

I wonder who they are going to put in there to soften the sting of failure this time?

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 11:33:54 AM »
I think Romney is getting the Ruling Class support this time around that J-Mac got last year, I have no doubt of that.  Only we can attempt to thwart their fix, or exactly what you outline will become reality...again!

And what really ought to give more people pause about Romney is the obvious fact that never gets mentioned right now (but you know the Left will relish bringing up 1,000 x's per day) is - How can Romney hope to beat Obama and the proglodyte machine when he couldn't even handle McCain who got his ass handed to him by Obama?

That fact alone ought to have people with even half a brain to drop-kick the Ruling Class candidate into the political sh*tcan!

::asskicking::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 12:57:04 PM »
I think Romney is getting the Ruling Class support this time around that J-Mac got last year, I have no doubt of that.  Only we can attempt to thwart their fix, or exactly what you outline will become reality...again!

And what really ought to give more people pause about Romney is the obvious fact that never gets mentioned right now (but you know the Left will relish bringing up 1,000 x's per day) is - How can Romney hope to beat Obama and the proglodyte machine when he couldn't even handle McCain who got his ass handed to him by Obama?

That fact alone ought to have people with even half a brain to drop-kick the Ruling Class candidate into the political sh*tcan!

::asskicking::

I agree with what you say but I do need Perry to walk back that stance on immigration.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 01:23:28 PM »
Perry's stance, it ain't that wide, is the best we are going to get.
Romney has AMNESTY in flashing dayglow in his left pocket.  
When discussing specific issues along with candidates it is always
necessary to acknowledge how in deed their words and past actions
coincide.

1500 military
doubling the boarder patrol
increasing air assets

that will do better than anything we have.  And as high or far as the fence goes (not considering the ladder factory):

Jocko climbing the fence

2 girls undermine entire US border strategy in under 18 seconds

and the best

Does the Border Fence work?

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:37:33 PM by Charles Oakwood »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 11:55:09 PM »

O noes, "Mr.President, pass this bill now."  Rand Paul makes fun of the president.

It has been suggested, many times, Mitch McConnell not be allowed to lead the senate when we regain
it next year.  May I humbly submit the man who leads this video, Rand Paul.

Sen. Rand Paul Calls On Congress To Pass NLRB Bill - 09/14/11

HT:Pandora, creating curiosity about Gateway

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 07:39:31 AM »
Yeah, Rand or Marco over Mytch...no brainer!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 09:53:33 AM »

Jim DeMint, I forgot the very important man who played a major part in those two guys being there.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 11:30:48 AM »

Jim DeMint, I forgot the very important man who played a major part in those two guys being there.

::thumbsup::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 07:53:57 AM »
Another leftnut blowhard shoots his mouth off...somebody get in this corrupt union pimp's face and tell him to STFD and STFU!

::cussing::

http://www.redstate.com/laborunionreport/2011/11/10/union-bought-democrat-calls-for-end-of-congressional-probe-into-obamas-nlrb/