Author Topic: Obama Signed Executive Order Forcing U.S. to Comply with Kyoto?  (Read 2923 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Obama Signed Executive Order Forcing U.S. to Comply with Kyoto?
« on: September 18, 2011, 10:48:57 AM »
Filed under Business, Environment, Government, Law, World News

"Speaking during a panel put together by Cornel West and Tavis Smiley in New York City, former Vermont Governor Howard Dean talks about President Obama’s record:

Howard Dean claims to have seen a presidential executive order in 2009 that, “requires the government of the United States to comply with Kyoto.”

Despite his recent decision on the ozone pollution, I think he had actually have quite a terrific environmental record. Most people don’t know that. But the fact is I actually for the first time in July of 2009 read an entire presidential executive order, which is over 50 pages of legally gobbledygook which requires the government of the United States to comply with Kyoto. Luckily the Republicans never – I guess most of them can’t read that far anyway. And it’s an extraordinary thing."

http://storyballoon.org/blog/2011/09/17/howard-dean-executive-order-obama-america-kyoto-agreement/

I would give anything, if Howie Dean, Dennis the Menace Kucinich, and Hillary the Hatchet Clinton, would run against Obama. At least, look at how fun the Debates would be? ::woohoo:: 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:54:26 AM by jpatrickham »

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Obama Signed Executive Order Forcing U.S. to Comply with Kyoto?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »
I wouldn't worry too much . Stymie doesn't have the authority through executive order to force compliance with a treaty . Only the senate can do that . I hope he eventually executive orders himself out of office .

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:27:18 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much . Stymie doesn't have the authority through executive order to force compliance with a treaty . Only the senate can do that . I hope he eventually executive orders himself out of office .

I'll Second that!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 06:37:14 AM »
I hope he executve orders himself in the closet and is found ala David Carradine style...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 11:59:05 AM »
I hope he executve orders himself in the closet and is found ala David Carradine style...

Well it would make sense that the only one worthy of his love is....himself. Didn't the original Narcissus drown while trying to jump his reflection's bones? Maybe someone should point out the location of the reflection pool at the Washington monument!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 02:32:56 PM »

Well it would make sense that the only one worthy of his love is....himself. Didn't the original Narcissus drown while trying to jump his reflection's bones? Maybe someone should point out the location of the reflection pool at the Washington monument!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.