Author Topic: Memorials Set as Former Marine Gets Medal of Honor  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Memorials Set as Former Marine Gets Medal of Honor
« on: September 15, 2011, 11:47:25 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/15/memorials-set-as-ex-marine-gets-medal-honor/

Mr. Meyer seems like a class act and is no doubt feeling poorly about surviving while his friends fell, but he did good and honoring his fallen buddies shows his priorities are right.

::USA::

I don't know who was running things in this area, but that snafu caused too many good boys to go down...why support was not nearby mystifies and angers me...but at least some people had the stones to react and try to save some people, so good on Meyer, Chavez and others who pitched in!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Memorials Set as Former Marine Gets Medal of Honor
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:57:40 AM »
Maybe I'm completely naive as to the relationship between military and the Commander in Chief. But if I was receiving any kind of laudatory award from that piece of sh*t, it would chafe me to the bone.

That said, thank God for this young man and all like him.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Memorials Set as Former Marine Gets Medal of Honor
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 06:58:31 AM »
Yeah, I would not be chatting him up, and would be eager to get the heck out of there.

Some people have a better tolerance level than I!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.