Author Topic: Kale  (Read 2501 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Kale
« on: September 15, 2011, 08:28:04 PM »
I like kale.

Tonight I sauteed it with some olive oil, some dried thyme and salt.  It was so good.  My youngest decided to try it.  She liked it so much she got seconds.  She said, "I thought mashed potaoes and broccoli were my favorite vegetables but I think this is better."

Well, you can't miss with a good olive oil, thyme and a little salt.

:)
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Kale
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:05:36 PM »
The best dishes are always the simple ones. Just good ingredients.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 09:36:15 PM »
Try adding just a tad squirt of lemon juice too.  It's what I add to my sauteed escarole and spinach after making it by your method.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 09:47:56 AM »
Try adding just a tad squirt of lemon juice too.  It's what I add to my sauteed escarole and spinach after making it by your method.

I'll remember that next time.

The best dishes are always the simple ones. Just good ingredients.

I'm trying to do more simple dishes though I do love trying to recreate meals I've had at restaurants (or items from menus I've found online). 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."