Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 88125 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2011, 06:24:44 PM »
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 06:43:33 PM »
http://2012dreamticket.com/index.php/results

That has got to be the weirdest damn poll I've ever seen.

I would like to have a little back ground on the participants. Might be fun, some of those people desperately need people!

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »
Chicago Editorial Writer Suggests Obama Step Down After First Term

Published September 19, 2011

"President Obama gestures as he speaks at Fort Hayes Arts and Academic High School in Columbus, Ohio, Sept. 13.

President Obama's hometown newspaper has some startling advice for the commander-in-chief -- quit while you're behind.

Citing the president's record-low approval ratings and unease in the Democratic base, a Chicago Tribune editorial writer recommended over the weekend that Obama need not feel obligated to run for a second term.

Steve Chapman said that with Obama facing the prospect of a double-dip recession and, if he wins reelection, a gridlocked second term, it might be better to call it a presidency and let someone else -- maybe Hillary Clinton -- carry the Democratic mantle in the 2012 election.

"I checked the Constitution, and he is under no compulsion to run for re-election," Chapman wrote in the Tribune. "He can scrap the campaign, bag the fundraising calls and never watch another Republican debate as long as he's willing to vacate the premises by Jan. 20, 2013. That might be the sensible thing to do."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/19/chicago-editorial-writer-suggests-obama-step-down-after-first-term/#ixzz1YRdc3btp

I agree but, Obama will rue the day. The Liberals will turn on him, and just ask Sarah Palin, and George W Bush, when they turn, it is real ugly! ::speechless:: ::evilbat::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 07:15:04 PM »
I had Lou Dobbs on while driving home tonight and he flat out said the this president has lost control of his message and the country and is a one term-er there is no hope for him.The speech(i didn't hear)was the same old garbage and not even in a new wrapper.Class warefare at it's worst.

It seems that I've been feeling better of late about his prospects in the unemployed future.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2011, 10:20:28 PM »
I heard that speech this morning on the FNC via XM radio in my Suburban. I thought at the time that it was yet another heaping helping of warmed over O'Bama crap. It aired just before Limbaugh and when he came on he slammed it immediately for its profligate lying.

The fact is that the spell has been broken and he can't get away with flapping his jaw and having people swoon. It just doesn't work anymore. It sounds tired. Old and busted, as they say. Plus, he just isn't very smart and it's becoming easier for people to realize it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2011, 11:13:04 PM »
"Broke; busted.  Disgusted.

'Ey, just can't be trusted ....."
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2011, 11:42:49 AM »
I heard that speech this morning on the FNC via XM radio in my Suburban. I thought at the time that it was yet another heaping helping of warmed over OBama crap. It aired just before Limbaugh and when he came on he slammed it immediately for its profligate lying.

The fact is that the spell has been broken and he can't get away with flapping his jaw and having people swoon. It just doesn't work anymore. It sounds tired. Old and busted, as they say. Plus, he just isn't very smart and it's becoming easier for people to realize it.

Pavlov's Dog, in the flesh!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2011, 04:03:22 PM »
President Golfsalot is still raising bucket loads of money from the usual corporate suckers and deeply entrenched special interests.

But...in a sign that the magic is most definitely over, he is not pulling in the small contributions from individuals in the quantities and amounts that he did the last go round...

The Obama campaign, which has prided itself on robust engagement of its grassroots supporters, appears to have stumbled in an effort meant to enlist at least 20,000 small donors by the end of September.

A campaign website set up to track the grassroots fundraising competition reported just 11,518 donations through 12:47 p.m. on Sept. 30 — a surprising result given the intensive focus on the program by Obama’s campaign team.

Oops.

I guess it's time for another big speech to remind all those morons about just how awesome Mr. Wondermous is.

Ready the teleprompter.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2011, 06:05:55 PM »
President Golfsalot is still raising bucket loads of money from the usual corporate suckers and deeply entrenched special interests.

But...in a sign that the magic is most definitely over, he is not pulling in the small contributions from individuals in the quantities and amounts that he did the last go round...

The Obama campaign, which has prided itself on robust engagement of its grassroots supporters, appears to have stumbled in an effort meant to enlist at least 20,000 small donors by the end of September.

A campaign website set up to track the grassroots fundraising competition reported just 11,518 donations through 12:47 p.m. on Sept. 30 — a surprising result given the intensive focus on the program by Obama’s campaign team.

Oops.

I guess it's time for another big speech to remind all those morons about just how awesome Mr. Wondermous is.

Ready the teleprompter.

The unemployment check only stretches so far......
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »
...The unemployment check only stretches so far......

But they keep telling us that unemployment checks are the best way to grow the economy.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »
I thought that was food stamps. It all becomes so confusing after a while.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2011, 08:37:44 AM »
...and they were sooo proud of those small contributors.  Last time around it seemed they used that as playgound proof BO was better.  hehehehe LOVE IT
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2011, 08:03:50 AM »
Headline photo at Drudge this morning.

This one is a MUST see for anyone who has any doubt at all that this clod can be beaten.

LINK

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2011, 08:21:02 AM »

Yeah.

Too bad the Rulling Class is insisting we commit suicide though...give Obama & ObamaBots a chance they should not even have...

::)

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2011, 10:40:31 AM »
Headline photo at Drudge this morning.

This one is a MUST see for anyone who has any doubt at all that this clod can be beaten.

LINK

He must've been crying all the way home after that.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2011, 09:06:17 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/8907884/Michael-Bloomberg-fuels-presidential-talk-with-attack-on-Barack-Obama.html

Michael Bloomberg has launched an attack on Barack Obama for an absence of leadership as Washington failed to hammer out a deficit deal, renewing suggestions he could mount an independent bid for the White House.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2011, 10:13:46 AM »
Ohh, please!!!  That useless sack of hot air can stay in NYC, we don't need is pandering ass, we got Dem's for that!

::mooning::   ::mooning::   ::mooning::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2011, 02:47:51 PM »
from Re: Culture Watch: Black Trash Edition
« Reply #163 on: Today at 07:11:52 AM »

I like her, I liked her a lot more before she stepped
in it at the debate and then continued.  I'll like her
again when she gets back to her game (then she
can give them hell in the manner she is skilled).

In an interview tonight, she wouldn't admit it but
in so many words she is counting on a big score
in Iowa
.  If it happens it's a new game, at least
for a while, if not she will go back to MN and do
her job.  A job she does quite well.

That was her game plan from day one.

I hope she can get back to Founding principles and the Tea Party message, leave the rest of the crap alone!

Whatever happens happens, but first and foremost people have to be who they are, not who they think people want them to be.

[blockquote]
Des Moines, Iowa (CNN) Des Moines, Iowa (CNN) — Representatives for leading social conservative groups in Iowa held a secret meeting Monday as part of an effort with one main goal: find and support a Republican presidential candidate who can stop Mitt Romney in Iowa.

The idea: avoid splintering the conservative vote in the state by rallying around one GOP rival who could win Iowa’s Jan. 3 caucus and then challenge Romney in New Hampshire and the other early voting states.
 [/blockquote]

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2011, 10:50:40 AM »
Anything that sticks it to Mittens is all good in my book!   ::thumbsup::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I Think O'Bongo Is Going To Lose Big
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2012, 10:56:03 AM »
Time to revive this thread. Putting up a temporary new name for it to once again put my money where my mouth is prediction-wise.

Yeah, I'm going on the record one more time that O'Bongo is going to lose and he is going to lose big. It's going to be an anti-O'Bongo landslide. Not a pro-Romney landslide. This is going to be one of the biggest referendums in US history. Nothing like it since Carter. Chicago political tactics aren't going to be enough. It's steam roller time, baby.

The sh*t is hitting the fan for President Downgrade. Donations are down. Venues are not selling out...not even close and sometimes the clod is playing to half empty stadiums. He is spending more money than he is bringing in.

And now there's this.

Two-thirds of likely voters say the weak economy is Washington’s fault, and more blame President Obama than anybody else, according to a new poll for The Hill.

Ed Morrisey analysis here. A sample:

The numbers are bad for Obama almost across the board.  Overwhelming numbers of both men (65/26) and women (67/26) believe the current economic malaise is the result of bad policy rather than an unavoidable consequence of the 2008 crash.  Not a single demographic thinks otherwise, not even self-described liberals (46/39).  Even without any other data, an incumbent President would face daunting odds in re-election with these numbers, since most voters assign blame or credit for economic to the White House.

But the numbers just get worse.  Despite Obama’s insistence over the last few months on blaming the economy he “inherited” — or perhaps because of his attempts to shift blame — Bush now gets the least amount of blame for the status quo, with only 18%.  Both men and women put Bush last on the list, and both put Obama highest on the list.  That’s true in every single age demographic, including the key youngest-voters group, which splits blame 32/19 between Obama and Bush.  Only among blacks (19/53), Democrats (14/35), and self-described liberals (7/36) does Bush get more blame.  Every income demographic assigns more blame to Obama than Bush.

Poll data details.

I can't wait to see how Nate Silver* spins this. It's 1000 likely voters and the poll was taken on July 9th. Things are worse today than then. It was only a week ago that Silver was still spinning an O'Bongo victory as 66% likely. Silver had better figure out a way to extract himself from this tar baby pretty quick or his days as a wunderkind polling prognosticator are over.

Could things be worse for the president's re-election chances? Yeah, I guess. He could be the center of a child molestation scandal at a major university. Other than that, though, it's hard to see how things could be worse. And that's because at the end of the day he is who he is and he isn't going to change appreciably before the voters go to the polls in November. He isn't Clinton. He isn't even Carter. He's worse.

He is a Stuttering Clusterf**k of a Miserable Failure. SCOAMF 2012. Everything he has done via campaign strategy has blown up. Everything. Even dogs. How do you screw up dogs? Oh yeah, you get tagged for having eaten them.

This poll underscores that reality becoming firmly entrenched in the minds of the voters. All of them.

This campaign is circling the drain and it isn't even August yet.

In my lifetime that is unprecedented. Heck, has this ever happened before? I can't think of a president who is more screwed over than this one.

I haven't felt this confident in the results of a presidential election since Nixon in 1968 and 1972 or Reagan in 1980 and 1984. And, yeah, I was a child in '68 but that was the first presidential election I can remember and I do remember thinking that Nixon was going to win. I didn't know dick about the politics but I was sure he was going to win. Probably from listening to my parents talk and stuff like that...they say that the "Scholastic Reader" poll that is done with school kids is pretty darned accurate because kids listen to what their parents say about elections and who they are going to vote for. Those elections were all landslides and this one is going to be like them...I'm just getting that vibe.

This thing is Romney's to lose. He can coast to victory. He can win with the prevent defense.

And we have an opportunity here. This can be such a teachable moment. O'Bongo and his buddies on Capitol Hill have implemented the whole stinking leftist agenda. They have done just about everything in the leftist wish book and they can even claim that it was all done under the guidance of the "smartest people in the room" with the smartest president ever. Smart, smart, smart, smart. Genius time, baby.

Green energy? Check.
Deficit spending gone wild? Check.
Smart power? Check.
Health care? Check.
Wealth redistribution? Check.
Federal regulationpalooza? Check.
Executive orders run amuck? Check.
Golfing? Check.

You name the liberal fantasy and they have indulged it. On steroids. Okay, they didn't get gun control done (yet) but they have been busy bees.

And it's all for these kind of poll numbers. Worst ever. They are even bailing on their own convention. Can anyone remember when that has ever happened before? Me neither.

Teachable moment, though. You will forever after be able to point to that one miserable point in history and say that this is what happens when liberalism is given a blank check.

So, I have no doubt that this administration is going down in flames. The only thing that I am not certain of is how much the O'Bongo campaign death spiral will affect the House and especially the Senate races. You can never tell about those. The House is not going to change hands, Pelosi magical thinking to the contrary. The Senate? Maybe it will flip. I hope it does. The stage is at least properly set with more Democrats having to defend Senate seats this year than last. It could turn out to be a perfect storm of sorts when combined with the president's horrible numbers.

We will see.

But I think this is going to be an election for the record books.

*Silver put out a column yesterday. It's long, detailed and confusing in that he talks out of both sides of his mouth about what the polling "really means" at this point in the race. He is not mentioning this poll which came out a day later, of course. I wonder if he will write about it or ignore it. Silver is an ultra lefty who pretends to be a brainiac scientific genius when it comes to poll interpretation.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:15:43 AM by trapeze »