Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90895 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2012, 11:41:56 AM »
That's sad, the America I once knew, they would have driven this fool down 20% without needing any ad!

I was born in the wrong age...

Why?!  Why?!

::falldownshocked::

Your parents didn't meet till later on,DUH!

OK, who gave this cat the catnip?   ::saywhat::   ::slapfight::

Don't sweat it, Libertas; JF's been slapping libs around on another board and forgot to switch modes.   ;D

There are days when I think I've been born too late as well, but there's a good reason we're all here at this time.  (That's what I tell myself, anyway, but Beck's been saying just that for some time, too.)
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »
General George S. Patton:  "God, how I hate the twentieth century."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »
...There are days when I think I've been born too late as well, but there's a good reason we're all here at this time.  (That's what I tell myself, anyway, but Beck's been saying just that for some time, too.)

I believe that in my core. I have no idea what the plan is, or whether it involves me, my family, or my country living or dying, but I know there's a reason for it all, and I know I'm part of it. We all are. There is an urgent passion placed upon our hearts.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2012, 01:44:45 PM »
That's sad, the America I once knew, they would have driven this fool down 20% without needing any ad!

Why?!  Why?!

::vafancoul::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2012, 02:43:59 PM »
General George S. Patton:  "God, how I hate the twentieth century."

Libertas:  "God, how I hate the twenty-first century."
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2012, 02:44:53 PM »

Why?!  Why?!

::mooning::

::rockethrow::

;D

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »

Why?!  Why?!

::mooning::

::rockethrow::

;D

::curtsy4::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2012, 09:08:01 AM »
 ::grouphug::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2012, 12:37:07 PM »
Not a fan of rap at all and I've never heard of this guy...stumbled across it while looking around...it's kind of catchy, though.

The Bro' gotta go...can't take no mo.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »
Carville pleads for $3 donations:

"I wish I had good news for you," Carville begins the pitch. "I want to tell you that President Obama has a second term in the bag. I want to tell you that the Koch Brothers are giving up their plot to buy the election."

But here’s where things really stand: We’re gonna have to go through hell and high-water to win this damn thing. It’s gonna be hard. Every big-oil billionaire and Republican Super PAC is throwing the kitchen sink at President Obama.

If we don’t fight back, it’ll be over long before November.

Oh yeah, and we have a crappy candidate who can't run on his record. That kinda sucks, too.

LINK

flop sweat - n.

Nervous perspiration caused by a fear of failure before an audience.
"The applause had been deafening on her entrance, but after ten minutes the air was heavy with "flop sweat"
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »
Carville pleads for $3 donations:

"I wish I had good news for you," Carville begins the pitch. "I want to tell you that President Obama has a second term in the bag. I want to tell you that the Koch Brothers are giving up their plot to buy the election."

But here’s where things really stand: We’re gonna have to go through hell and high-water to win this damn thing. It’s gonna be hard. Every big-oil billionaire and Republican Super PAC is throwing the kitchen sink at President Obama.

If we don’t fight back, it’ll be over long before November.

Oh yeah, and we have a crappy candidate who can't run on his record. That kinda sucks, too.

LINK

flop sweat - n.

Nervous perspiration caused by a fear of failure before an audience.
"The applause had been deafening on her entrance, but after ten minutes the air was heavy with "flop sweat"

Carville: I want to tell you obama has a great record to run on, but he don't. We're gonna have to go thru allah and high water to deceive the public to win this thing.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »

Gonna cos alotta walkn round money tue.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2012, 02:59:40 PM »
Oh, cool. I beat AoS by 2 hours in posting the Bro' Gotta Go video.

We are cutting edge here at IAL.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2012, 04:38:03 PM »
Bro' Gotta Go, but his minions are still
out there working 24/7, that's what
his villains do.

Lessadolla Sowers Sowers a member of the Tunica County, Mississippi NAACP Executive Committee was convicted of voter fraud on 10 counts of fraudulently casting absentee ballots. .

She received a five-year prison term for each of the 10 counts, but Circuit Court Judge Charles Webster permitted Sowers to serve those terms concurrently, according to the Tunica Times, the only media outlet to cover the sentencing.

This wasn’t Sowers’s first run-in with the law...

Read it all here

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:09:04 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2012, 06:36:18 PM »
"The Bro' gotta go...can't take no mo."

::thumbsup::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2012, 08:04:16 PM »
"The Bro' gotta go...can't take no mo."

::thumbsup::

::cool::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2012, 09:17:12 PM »
From the opinion pages of the WP:

I look for the "September surprise" to be Mormonism on trial. At first the attacks will come from marginal surrogates, then the reliable half-cocked usual suspects among Democrats in Congress.  (Somebody cue Debbie Wasserman Schultz.)  Next, a member of the left's apologencia from the MSM will write a cerebral, somber piece saying the tenets of Mormonism are fair game, and then we will be off to Slimytown. Romney will be confronted with this or that Mormon practice or theological position, the late-night comics will weigh in and Obama will have a distraction that could linger while he hopes for a break or something external to change the trajectory of the race.

I predicted this eventuality four years ago when the Romney fan boys were saying how he was the perfect candidate. I pretty much described how it would go down and the above quoted paragraph isn't much different than my analysis (if I remember correctly). And the fact is, it's true that Mormonism is low hanging fruit for any non-Mormon opponent. My personal belief is that Mormonism is a cult. It is every bit as weird as the Jehovah's Witnesses and nearly as manipulative and controlling as scientology. Comparing Mormonism favorably to Christianity is, for Christians, heresy. I could go into the details but it's pointless for the purpose of this discussion. But then we nominated McDullard and the rest is history.

What I want to say is that four years ago I was totally convinced that a Mormon stood no chance against an opponent who held to a more traditional mainstream American religion. I still believe that to be true...for the last election. This election, though, I do not see it as a deal breaker.

And that's because we are saddled with something far worse than, what was for most of the voters four years ago, an unknown quantity. O'Bongo is a known quantity and he is a, well...he's a stuttering clusterf**k of a miserable failure. And everyone now knows this.

This is a referendum election. That is why virtually none of the negative personality attacks that O'Bongo has scripted have worked. They have been cranking them out for months now and nothing, I mean nothing has taken Romney out. With each new negative attack the voters, and especially the precious independents, have been able to discern the truth: O'Bongo has no game and this is all he can do. It looks pathetic because it is pathetic. The economy is in the toilet and most voters (even Democrats) are willing to acknowledge that the blame for it rests squarely with President Gutsy Call.

So my belief now is that any attack on Mormonism will suffer the same fate as the other attacks on Romney...they will go nowhere. Romney will not suffer in the polls and O'Bongo might begin to take a hit for using these ever more desperate tactics. I believe that we could have nominated anyone without a felony record who's religious beliefs were somewhere south of kook central and they could beat the Dingus.

And, if O'Bongo enlists surrogates who are seeking re-election to do this particular bit of nastiness there might even be enough of a backlash to take a few of them out. That would be a bit ironic. Democrats defeated over a lack of tolerance. Destroyed by the monster they created. Well, we can hope.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2012, 02:16:07 AM »
I would think that any attack on Romney's religion could be met effectively with, "Do you REALLY want to go there, Mr. President? Because if you wanna talk about extremist religion on the fringe of American society, we can sure have that conversation."
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2012, 05:52:34 AM »
It should also be pointed out that slimeball Harry Reid is a Mormon too.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2012, 06:50:49 AM »
I think Trap is largely correct, attacking Mitt's religion would be a landmine for the dem's, it could cause many more of them to run away from Obongo and it only opens up uncomfortable questions regarding what Barry is and who (like Rev. Wright) has been his inspiration.  But I have no doubt whatsoever that the Obama campaign will use nameless surrogates to do the hatchet job on Mitt and Mormons.  Personally I don't care.  I don't put much stock into the lost tribe stuff and the fanciful tale of Joseph Smith.  I may think the religion shares many hallmarks of a cult, but as cults go it is as benign as one can get.  Mormons are family oriented, honest and hard working.  Such cannot be said for much of the Left.  I don't have to like their religion but I have no fear of them going loony tune if given positions of responsibility.  Again, stark contrast to the Left on that score, obviously.  So Mitt has to ready himself for the proxy attack, and that means more than just calling Obama out on it.