Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90951 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #641 on: October 30, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »
Yeah, I saw that earlier this evening.

And yet, statistics wunderkind and hero of the left Nate Silver is still giving BO a 75% chance to win the election. Trust "The Model" he says. I don't know which thought makes me happier, that BO will be defeated or that Silver will fall on his ass but good.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #642 on: October 30, 2012, 12:18:05 AM »
What I look forward to (assuming Romney does indeed pull it off) is the desperate chucking of Obama and company under the bus in an effort to protect liberalism itself. For the Left it can never be the ideology itself that is a miserable failure. Obama will in just a few years have gone from 2nd Coming of the Messiah to thoroughly axle-wrapped under the Greyhound.

I just hope schadenfreude isn't fattening, because there is going to be a veritable cornucopia of it coming soon.

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #643 on: October 30, 2012, 12:26:56 AM »
BTW...one more hurricane thought.

The media has pretty much adopted the name "Superstorm Sandy" instead of Hurricane Sandy or as is the case now, Tropical Storm Sandy. The NWS has some fancy name for it at this point now that it no longer is packing 75 mph sustained winds...post tropical cyclone...whoopdeedoo. But anyway...the North Eastern snobs can't have a hurricane or a tropical storm, no. They have to have a SUPERSTORM! I added the exclamation point in honor of the new and improved BO campaign theme of FORWARD!

What incredible snobs. They get what amounts to a garden variety Cat 1 hurricane with a bonus amount of rain and it's a SUPERSTORM! You would think that they were being clobbered with a thirty or forty foot storm surge accompanied by tornados but no...they have an 11 to 13 foot storm surge and it's the storm of the millennia or something.

These people are going to piss and moan about having to go without power for a few days like it's the end of the world or something. When the gulf coast gets the crap pounded out of it by 150+mph sustained winds the people down there just deal with it. Well, except for New Orleans which goes into full looting and dependency mode. Everywhere else they just pick up the pieces and move on without much bitching at all.

Not that I don't sympathize with those who's homes have flooded or otherwise totally ruined...I do. BUT, this nonsense about this being a SUPERSTORM! is just overwrought hype driven by a narcissistic/self absorbed NE media. It's all about them. The rest of the country (where they have real storms) is nothing to them. Fly over country. So they have to have a SUPERSTORM! because, hey, New York...ordinary rules just don't apply to the elites.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:33:27 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #644 on: October 30, 2012, 12:31:49 AM »
What I look forward to (assuming Romney does indeed pull it off) is the desperate chucking of Obama and company under the bus in an effort to protect liberalism itself. For the Left it can never be the ideology itself that is a miserable failure. Obama will in just a few years have gone from 2nd Coming of the Messiah to thoroughly axle-wrapped under the Greyhound.

I just hope schadenfreude isn't fattening, because there is going to be a veritable cornucopia of it coming soon.

Yeah, I said the same thing three days ago but it bears repeating because it most definitely will happen.

And the thought isn't original to you or me. Limbaugh has said this many times before on this and other occasions because it is one of his undeniable truths or something.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #645 on: October 30, 2012, 12:56:30 AM »
If we don't take the senate, then ObamaCare is forever - an insurance policy for the totalitarian aspirations of the Left.

We need the senate. Getting rid of the Marxist just will not do.

So I must predict 50 seats, or despair.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #646 on: October 30, 2012, 07:33:18 AM »
If we don't take the senate, then ObamaCare is forever - an insurance policy for the totalitarian aspirations of the Left.

Aye!  It all comes down to the senate.  A mandate won't be so strong without it.  And the bigger the better, remember what happened last time Pubbies had the senate?  Weak-sisters, Gang of 8...

::facepalm::   ::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #647 on: October 30, 2012, 07:34:30 AM »
Barry is getting contributions from his old pal, must be hard to get that transaction done from the bottom of the Arabian Sea...

http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obama-accepts-osama-bin-laden-donations/

Offline robins111

« Reply #648 on: October 30, 2012, 07:35:23 AM »
Karma, is that a liberal, in the most liberal/progressive city in Canada, (Toronto) gets killed by a falling 'Staples' sign in the hurricane..    ::stirpot::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #649 on: October 30, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »
Barry is getting contributions from his old pal, must be hard to get that transaction done from the bottom of the Arabian Sea...

Lawlessness on steroids. Since the guy who proclaimed us a "nation of laws" has no use for law, my concern is Romney should win but won't because obummer will rig the election.

With libs, the result always justifies the means.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #650 on: October 30, 2012, 08:32:14 AM »

Lawlessness on steroids. Since the guy who proclaimed us a "nation of laws" has no use for law, my concern is Romney should win but won't because obummer will rig the election.

With libs, the result always justifies the means.

Yeah, I figured this go-around would shatter all previous records of libiot lawlessness across the board, sad to say that call was way too easy to make.  Mitt might overwhelm the fraud factor, its the down-ticket races getting gamed I worry about (like Franken over Coleman etc)!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #651 on: October 30, 2012, 11:31:02 AM »

This is what really bothered me about Akin staying in the MO race after unloading a full mag directly into his foot.  I really hate that we might do everything right except for getting that all important 51st seat in the Senate.

Obamacare is that significant.  It is a giant Trojan horse, that will disgorge left wing statism for generations if it is allowed to stand.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #652 on: October 30, 2012, 11:35:03 AM »

This is what really bothered me about Akin staying in the MO race after unloading a full mag directly into his foot.  I really hate that we might do everything right except for getting that all important 51st seat in the Senate.

Obamacare is that significant.  It is a giant Trojan horse, that will disgorge left wing statism for generations if it is allowed to stand.

On the positive side, if it stands it can only accelerate our collapse.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #653 on: October 30, 2012, 11:50:22 AM »

Previously, these local faux pas would not have received media coverage.  Today, with a camera and mic and YouTube and MSM researching every recorded Kb the pressure of a more homogenized presentation is on every candidate. 

You're not running for the house or senate of your state or region, say one thing that doesn't fit the meme and you are a header on the NYTs and fodder for the grinder.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #654 on: October 30, 2012, 02:21:36 PM »

\

I thought Akin was a dead heat as of a couple of days ago?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #655 on: October 30, 2012, 02:42:41 PM »

\

I thought Akin was a dead heat as of a couple of days ago?

The jackwagons at RCP has it close (2%) for the dumber of the two -

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/mo/missouri_senate_akin_vs_mccaskill-2079.html

Rasmussen has it worse off -

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_senate_elections/missouri/election_2012_missouri_senate

If the libiots retain control of the senate by one vote I'm gonna riot!

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #656 on: October 30, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »
That will be the GOP Establishment's fault, and Karl Rove's, not Akin's fault. They had no right to undermine him. Had they not, the race would be back to normal by now.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

charlesoakwood

« Reply #657 on: October 30, 2012, 03:30:53 PM »

Yes, they are getting real good at that,
when will the PTBs recognize it?

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #658 on: October 30, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »
We really only need 50. Ryan breaks all ties.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #659 on: October 30, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
I definitely agree that the GOP establishment should not have piled on like they did. But they did. Now an easy pick up is at best a toss up. I might be more sympathetic to his drawing a line in the sand with the party apparatchiks if it were any other election year.  We will see what happens next Tuesday I guess.

- Yours Truly