Author Topic: Fleebaggers starting to wear down  (Read 3795 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Fleebaggers starting to wear down
« on: March 01, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »
FoxNation Exclusive: AWOL Democrats Experiencing 'Dissension in the Ranks'

Fox Nation has learned exclusively from a highly placed source within Wisconsin state politics that the fourteen AWOL Democrats are experiencing "dissension in the ranks." State Sen. Julie Lassa (D) is pregnant and "extremely unhappy" about being on the run. State Sen. Jon Erpenbach (D) has been hit particularly hard by his paycheck being withheld. Wisconsin State Senate leadership is currently negotiating with eight of the fourteen to come home. Gov. Scott Walker (R) has declared today the deadline for action on his budget repair bill and plans to give a budget address at 5 p.m. ET. A deal may be announced around that time.

Developing...

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Fleebaggers starting to wear down
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 12:27:05 PM »
Now is the time to pinch them in the vise even tighter!  Bwuuuhaahaaa!   ::stirpot::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:03:24 PM »
Wisconsin Senate Rule 23:

Senate Rule 23. Committee not to be absent. Members of a committee, except a conference committee, may not be absent by reason of their appointment during the sitting of the senate, without special leave.

Charge them upon their return.
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »
Wisconsin Senate Rule 23:

Senate Rule 23. Committee not to be absent. Members of a committee, except a conference committee, may not be absent by reason of their appointment during the sitting of the senate, without special leave.

Charge them upon their return.

I'd love to see the media twist and wail over that! You KNOW if the roles were reversed, it's exactly what the Dems would do.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 01:18:48 PM »
Sounds just to me.

Full penalty enforcement!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »
Sounds just to me.

No plea bargains.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 09:05:24 PM »
Greta Susteren is interviewing the WI senate majority leader now.  The guy is smiling and in good humor.

The Democrats have really screwed the pooch on this and it seems apparent to darn near everyone.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:06:48 PM »
It keeps occurring to me to wonder what the national reaction would have been had the Republicans fled Washington DC to avoid voting on ObamaCare.

That was legislation nobody wanted, and you know damn well that the media and the Democrats would have gone absolutely apoplectic.

Is this now to be "the new filibuster"? Are we to expect that from this point forward, a minority in any legislative body that is about to be overrun by the majority can flee as a legitimate tactic? Our system of civil government cannot function with this component as a viable option, especially if it is only an option for one of two parties.

It must be made a felony.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 10:24:11 PM »
As Roy posted...it is not an option, if the law is enforced....or at least it would be a bad option.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 10:28:51 PM »
The parliamentary rules should be modified such that any representative who is absent after a certain amount of time has elapsed is simply counted as a Nay vote. The Republicans have been the minority party at the federal level and in most of the state legislatures for most of the postwar period. They offered their resistance, voted against Democrat measures, but ultimately had to stand by the final tally. What we're seeing now that the shoe is on the other foot is nothing more than a petulant, childish tantrum. It cannot be tolerated. Our system of government already has numerous built-in mechanisms designed to give the minority its fair say. What's going on now is intolerable.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 10:45:55 PM »
...What's going on now is intolerable.

Literally, intolerable.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 11:37:09 PM »
Sounds just to me.

No plea flee bargains.

Sorry - couldn't resist.  ::laughonfloor::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 12:52:29 AM »
http://twitter.com/Liberty_Chick/status/42800648252690433#

One Democrat senator has returned.  It's over.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 01:04:32 AM »

One Democrat senator has returned.  It's over.

La Revolucion eats its own. He's going to find out.

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 01:09:25 AM »

One Democrat senator has returned.  It's over.

La Revolucion eats its own. He's going to find out.

He's doing them a favor.  They just don't want to admit it.  For all we know they drew straws to see who it would be. They had to come back or else they are going to be a super minority after the next election.  The public was never behind them and if by their stupid actions it costs the taxpayers even more, well, they are truly screwed.

After the thug mob assaulted the Republican senator I am wondering what they will do to this guy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:11:44 AM by trapeze »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 01:16:00 AM »
After the thug mob assaulted the Republican senator I am wondering what they will do to this guy.

Yep. These Marxist "revolutionary" types have a history of turning on those whose ideological purity has become unreliable.

- Yours Truly

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 08:16:02 AM »
The article doesnt mention anything about a vote being called. Plus, one article says that the demo cut a deal with one of the repubs. If they gave up any ground onthis, then, this has been one massive 0ne-act play.

http://politisite.com/2011/03/01/a-fleebagger-returns-democratic-senator-timothy-cullen-has-just-returned-to-wi-tonite-wi-14-is-now-wi-13/

Teaser:
Cullen, D-Janesville, said he was working with “a highly placed Republican” on a deal.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 08:23:54 AM »
Greed must be the better part of liberal "honor".

Wonder if he went straight to his desk to retrieve his paycheck?
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 08:49:59 AM »
I'm wondeering why this is being so quite by everybody. i fear the deal cut is one that we're not gonna like. :(
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 08:55:21 AM »
I'm wondeering why this is being so quite by everybody. i fear the deal cut is one that we're not gonna like. :(

Yup. If those state GOP state senators cave on the collective bargaining thing, then they hang Walker out to dry.

- Thomas Jefferson