Author Topic: One Fine Day at Victor Davis Hanson's Blog  (Read 657 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
One Fine Day at Victor Davis Hanson's Blog
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:28:24 PM »
A. Johnson

As I was driving home this week worrying about all the crap going on in
Washington and at how my country was falling apart, I saw a yard sign that
said:

NEED
HELP?
CALL JESUS

555-3787

Desperate, I called.

An hour later, a Mexican showed up with a
lawnmower.

September 12, 2011 - 6:34 pm   Link to this Comment | Reply

::hysterical::
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: One Fine Day at Victor Davis Hanson's Blog
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 08:59:07 PM »
We went on a vacation to Colorado a few years back, and made our way up to the top of Pike's Peak, and the inevitable gift-shop loitering before the drive down. Whenever we're in a tourist trap, we look for the nametag trinkets - the racks of little license plates, keychains, etc. with a wide variety of names on them, hoping to snag little Justin and Ashley for a few bucks.

We look at them because our sons have noticed that their names are never, ever, ever represented. We jokingly find the two names that come the closest, and then call them by those names until the fun wears off.

Anyhoo, on our Colorado trip, we found a little plastic fridge magnet Colorado license plate that had the name "Jesus". It's on our fridge right now. A green mountainscape on a white background that says "Jesus Colorado".
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 09:44:55 AM »
 ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor::

I can't stop laughing--my kids are looking worried
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:29:31 AM »
I have Jesus on speed dial on my Blackberry.

(He is here legally from Nicaragua, a cabinet installer, and a very strong non-Catholic Christian)
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.