Author Topic: On the Deficit, the Rich and the Tea Party  (Read 827 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
On the Deficit, the Rich and the Tea Party
« on: September 16, 2011, 10:57:37 AM »
By Dr. Paul Kengor

September 16, 2011

“I’ve only recently come to realize the nature of the hurdle this country faces in trying to turn around a stalled economy and horrendous deficit…. I’ve realized this painfully in the last few weeks as a result of several commentaries I’ve done (USA Today, FoxNews, among others), viewed by a large portion of Americans from across the political spectrum. In these commentaries, I tried to stick to statistics and facts. I naively thought my approach would be convincing. It was not, as evidenced by the many people I continue to argue with.”

In “On the Deficit, the Rich, and the Tea Party” (798 words), professor of political science and executive director of The Center for Vision & Values at Grove City College—Dr. Paul Kengor—reiterates the facts that he thought were irrefutable. “America’s deficit/debt problem is a spending problem,” he concludes. “It is not the fault of rich people who pay too little income tax or Tea Party members guilty of ‘terrorism.’ Don’t take my word for it. Look at the data.”

http://www.visionandvalues.org/2011/09/on-the-deficit-the-rich-and-the-tea-party/
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:00:58 AM by jpatrickham »