Author Topic: Glen Beck On the Republican Establishment Vs TEA Party!  (Read 600 times)

ttomm46

Glen Beck On the Republican Establishment Vs TEA Party!
« on: September 18, 2011, 12:58:59 PM »
I think He's right on with this one!.....The Repubs need to stand up for what's right!!

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Beck-GOP-TeaParty-Fight/2011/09/17/id/411347?s=al&promo_code=D125-1

charlesoakwood

Re: Glen Beck On the Republican Establishment Vs TEA Party!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 02:13:27 PM »

In an ideal world the Republican Party would morph into the Tea Party and still call itself Republican.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 02:49:42 PM »
I think He's right on with this one!.....The Repubs need to stand up for what's right!!

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Beck-GOP-TeaParty-Fight/2011/09/17/id/411347?s=al&promo_code=D125-1

I agree with him on this point. The dems have lost thier party to the extreme left, while attempting to paint the Tea Party as extreme right. It won't be long (if not now) where anyone holding to a Constitutional principle will be labeled extreme.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
Beck is a smart guy. Of that there can be no doubt. BUT, he tends to be a bit of an alarmist and he frequently allows his emotions to drive the car.

He said that if the typical “John McCain, Lindsey Graham kind of Republican” wins the internal party battle, the GOP will be finished. “It will go the way of the Whigs,” he said.

This statement is just plain ridiculous.

This internal party struggle has been going on literally for decades, since Goldwater at least, and the GOP has yet to go the way of the Whig party.

He may as well be theorizing that the Republican party will go away if the Democrats wins the war of ideas. It won't. The Democrats won't go away either.

We are always going to be divided between left and right, liberal and conservative. That's just the way things are.

Some things in life change. Others are more or less eternal truths which never vanish. Right now conservatism is on the ascendency. At some point it will decline.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.