Author Topic: One More Reason To Never, Ever Buy A GM Car Again  (Read 915 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
One More Reason To Never, Ever Buy A GM Car Again
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
Signing bonuses? In this economy?

DETROIT (AP) -- The United Auto Workers union won $5,000 signing bonuses and the possibility of sweeter profit-sharing checks as part of a new four-year contract with General Motors Co., two people briefed on the talks said Saturday.

The deal, which was reached late Friday, also includes a $2- to $3-per-hour pay raise for entry-level workers over the life of the contract and guarantees more union jobs, the people said.

I am deadly serious. I am a lifelong GM buyer. I will never, ever buy another GM product as long as I live and if I have anything to say about it my children won't buy from them either.

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

ttomm46

Re: One More Reason To Never, Ever Buy A GM Car Again
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 05:51:02 PM »
I'm paying off my 2005 Pontiac but that's the last for me also.....

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 06:01:06 PM »
I'm with ya Trap. I thought the bailouts Bush set in motion were wrong and unprincipled. But after Obama's flagrant power-grab (replacing GM CEO, telling secured creditors to pound sand, undermining bankruptcy law in the process, and then arbitrarily making the UAW pension the majority shareholders) I made the decision to never, ever, ever buy from GM or Chrysler again, until such time as their involvement with the federal government is completely dissolved.

I still cannot for the life of me figure out why the GOP has not been screaming of these transgressions from the rooftops since the days they occurred. It is low-hanging fruit, and just one of many perfect examples of the lawlessness of this administration.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »
one of many perfect examples of the lawlessness of this administration.

And the ineffectuality of the opposition.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 06:11:02 PM »
Signing bonuses? In this economy?

DETROIT (AP) -- The United Auto Workers union won $5,000 signing bonuses and the possibility of sweeter profit-sharing checks as part of a new four-year contract with General Motors Co., two people briefed on the talks said Saturday.

The deal, which was reached late Friday, also includes a $2- to $3-per-hour pay raise for entry-level workers over the life of the contract and guarantees more union jobs, the people said.

I am deadly serious. I am a lifelong GM buyer. I will never, ever buy another GM product as long as I live and if I have anything to say about it my children won't buy from them either.

LINK

Including bennies (lol) 56.00 hour, average......40 hour work week...4.3 weeks x 12 months is 115K per year. Chevy Volts must be flying off the shelves.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.