Author Topic: California Poised To Ban Open Carry  (Read 1905 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
California Poised To Ban Open Carry
« on: September 18, 2011, 04:57:11 PM »
And before you think there is any real freedom in California right now, the existing law "allows" citizens to open carry unloaded guns.

Honestly, why anyone wants to live in this statist paradise is beyond my comprehension. I mean, other than those who sponge off of the productive members of society.

The new gun ban bill has passed (big surprise) the legislature and now only needs the signature of the lunatic governor. Sort of a foregone conclusion.

Anyway, here's the story if you can read it without getting too depressed.

Gun control advocates hope that California will now pave the way for the rest of the country to outlaw the practice.

"Openly carrying a gun with [an ammunition] magazine in your back pocket into Starbucks and other establishments creates a culture of fear and intimidation,'' said Brian Malte, director for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "It is irresponsible and dangerous.''

"People in other states look to see what California does,'' he said. If Brown signs the bill, "other states will follow suit.''

The Brady people should have to live in the crime ridden areas of the country that their handiwork makes possible.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: California Poised To Ban Open Carry
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 06:08:28 PM »
Criminals knowing that their state forbids citizens from protecting themselves creates a culture of fear and intimidation.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 08:12:06 PM »
"Openly carrying a gun with [an ammunition] magazine in your back pocket into Starbucks and other establishments creates a culture of fear and intimidation,'' said Brian Malte, director for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "It is irresponsible and dangerous.''

I'll give him that much. How the hell are you supposed to defend yourself with ammo in your back pocket? ::thinking::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 08:13:54 PM »
I wonder how the California secession movement is going.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »
I would be perfectly okay with California leaving the union.

But there has to be a big wall between it and the United States.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 10:00:12 PM »
I would be perfectly okay with California leaving the union.

But there has to be a big wall between it and the United States.

That would be fine with me, but I meant the movement of a number of counties to break away and form their own state.  That's been talked about on and off for decades.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 10:57:52 PM »
That's never going to happen. California would never willingly allow positive revenue counties to leave.

I am wondering if there is any practical way to trigger that earthquake they have been bitching about forever. You know, the one that is supposed to cause CA to "fall" into the Pacific. Because that's one way out. But you'd still have to build the big fence first to keep any refugees from getting out. A big electric fence. With a moat. An alligator filled moat. Plus towers with sharpshooters. And maybe some minefields with video surveillance that can go up on a pay-per-view channel. Otherwise they will just get out and infect other states.

Or round them all up and send them to Canada. That would be okay. If Hawaii was big enough they could all be shipped there.

If only there was some way to trick them all into emigrating to Venus like in C.M. Kornbluth's "The Marching Morons."

At some point down the line we have to give some serious consideration into slowing down or halting their rate of breeding. The poisoning  of our gene pool with below average intelligence genetic material is a very big deal. Perhaps some kind of a sterilization agent can be introduced into the CA drinking water. Or better yet, come up with a sterilization agent that can be introduced into grapes and dairy products so that the cheese and wine demographic can be directly targeted.

This project can certainly be tackled by Texas A&M University and they can test it on Austin to see if it works on a small scale before going after the whole state of CA.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:02:46 PM by trapeze »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 11:35:39 PM »
That's never going to happen. California would never willingly allow positive revenue counties to leave.

I am wondering if there is any practical way to trigger that earthquake they have been bitching about forever. You know, the one that is supposed to cause CA to "fall" into the Pacific. Because that's one way out. But you'd still have to build the big fence first to keep any refugees from getting out. A big electric fence. With a moat. An alligator filled moat. Plus towers with sharpshooters. And maybe some minefields with video surveillance that can go up on a pay-per-view channel. Otherwise they will just get out and infect other states.

Or round them all up and send them to Canada. That would be okay. If Hawaii was big enough they could all be shipped there.

If only there was some way to trick them all into emigrating to Venus like in C.M. Kornbluth's "The Marching Morons."

At some point down the line we have to give some serious consideration into slowing down or halting their rate of breeding. The poisoning  of our gene pool with below average intelligence genetic material is a very big deal. Perhaps some kind of a sterilization agent can be introduced into the CA drinking water. Or better yet, come up with a sterilization agent that can be introduced into grapes and dairy products so that the cheese and wine demographic can be directly targeted.

This project can certainly be tackled by Texas A&M University and they can test it on Austin to see if it works on a small scale before going after the whole state of CA.

Newp.  They've already done it themselves; if they're not aborting, they're simply opting out of downloading.  For Gaia's sake.  All we have to do it encourage our own to step it up in the reproduction category and then wait.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 11:53:19 PM »

Newp.  They've already done it themselves; if they're not aborting, they're simply opting out of downloading.  For Gaia's sake.  All we have to do it encourage our own to step it up in the reproduction category and then wait.

Well, yeah, but my plan is way more fun.

Can we at least do the moat with the alligators?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 12:01:42 AM »

Well, yeah, but my plan is way more fun.

Can we at least do the moat with the alligators?

C'mon!  You have to ask?  Yes, hell yes!  Moats, alligators, claymores, towers and sharpshooters ... bring 'em on, the more the merrier!  We do have the "meantime" to deal with.

Er .... aren't you a little worried about "the refugees" and UN peacekeepers though?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 06:56:22 AM »
I keep waiting for The Big One to settle the issue of this backassward state...my patience has waned, initiate Project Moat immediately!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.