Author Topic: Reclaiming America  (Read 535 times)

charlesoakwood

Reclaiming America
« on: September 19, 2011, 01:55:21 PM »

Breitbart speaks Americans need to reclaim our cultural institutions such as education and  the media in order to fully reclaim America.  And that it is going to be a long pull.  It will not happen until conservative children have grown and fill the colleges as faculty and administration.  It will not happen until conservative children have grown and fill the Media.

Question for Breitbart on school reform.AVI

[blockquote]
..they've never heard of the first amendment, they don't know what it means.  It's a big problem.

...that's going to take twenty to thirty years as well.  And so it's going to take investment and a mindset that politics is, again, downstream of culture.  That's how it's going to happen.  It's going to take twenty or thirty years.  We are a center right nation we are going to win the next election cycle I know that.  I think all of you know in your bones that it's going in that direction and it's part of a continuum.  And it's not because we have Hollywood on our side we don't,  it's not because we have the media on our side we don't, it's not because we have academia on our side we don't.  The culture is on their side but we are a center right country so we have the numbers still and we have the time to try and take it back but we have to have a collective understanding that all, you know, that politics isn't everything, in fact it's less important than the things we disregard.
[/blockquote]

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Reclaiming America
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 02:21:35 PM »
I completely agree.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 04:24:52 PM »
My daughter mentioned to a co-worker who's the same age that 9/11 was coming up and the girl's response was "Oh, yeah, I forgot all about that."

My daughter couldn't get over it.

Fortunately, this co-worker will listen to my daughter so she thinks she can get the girl to not vote for BO!

The problem we have now is that people don't care if they're ignorant.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 10:47:01 PM »
I get the argument, sort of a reverse of the Left's "long march through the institutions", I really do. But I also think that ship has sailed. The Western world has imported hostile demographics keen on replacing what they see as a decadent, enfeebled host culture. They are breeding fast and we subsidize this with the welfare apparatus; meanwhile the indigenous citizenry of the West are not reproducing at even replacement levels. Combine this with the political machinations undergirding this whole state of affairs and it leads me to conclude that we have nothing like the 80-100 years that it took for the Left to infest our institutions.

I guess you could say I'm something of a catastrophist, in that I believe our only chance lies in some sort of upheavals that upset the paradigm enough to permit a course correction. The nature of these upheavals could be anyone's guess, but almost certainly global economics will play the big role.

More. Faster. Please.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly