Author Topic: How dumb is the media?  (Read 4938 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
How dumb is the media?
« on: September 20, 2011, 02:06:34 PM »
In general?

Just heard the newsreader on the radio refer to the Progress/Duke Energy merger as "the biggest electrONIC utility .... ".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: How dumb is the media?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 02:24:34 PM »
In general?

Just heard the newsreader on the radio refer to the Progress/Duke Energy merger as "the biggest electrONIC utility .... ".

I've heard similar errors but offhand don't remember them right now.  These are the people who purport to tell us what to think.... ::gaah::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »
I've heard them mispronounce well-known (to me, anyway) names and words and some of their diction is downright deplorable, as in " ... there was a problem in Eas' Raleigh today ...".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 03:08:56 PM »
I heard reporters on the radio, multiple times, referring to cutting the 10 year deficit from $10 trillionish to $6 trillionish as, "paying down the national debt."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 03:18:26 PM »
On 9/11/11, I heard John King on CNN say that there has not been a successful terrorist attack since 9/11/01. I wanted to throw a brick at the TV and scream, "WHAT ABOUT FORT HOOD, YOU F*CKING MORON!"
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 03:23:32 PM »
I've heard them mispronounce well-known (to me, anyway) names and words and some of their diction is downright deplorable, as in " ... there was a problem in Eas' Raleigh today ...".

My favorite is would of for would've

I heard reporters on the radio, multiple times, referring to cutting the 10 year deficit from $10 trillionish to $6 trillionish as, "paying down the national debt."

Probably the same people who pay the minimum on their credit card and think they're paying it off.
On 9/11/11, I heard John King on CNN say that there has not been a successful terrorist attack since 9/11/01. I wanted to throw a brick at the TV and scream, "WHAT ABOUT FORT HOOD, YOU F*CKING MORON!"

Which shows they're not listening to their own news.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 03:26:09 PM »
Ah.  I see I'm in well-irritated company.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 03:30:06 PM »
Ah.  I see I'm in well-irritated company.

But, of course, that's why I like it here.

::cool::

This and similar topics such as incorrect grammar usage are regular fodder for our dinner table conversation.  I don't think a week goes by that we don't have an entertaining moment relating something we've heard.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 03:43:02 PM »
In general?

Pretty Dang DUMB! ::doh::

Big (little minded) Media  Lauds Imaginary Opening of Ground Zero Mosque

Posted by Asst Natl Dir Mellie B on September 20, 2011 at 11:38am in General, Town Hall
View Discussions

Monday, September 19, 2011

“It is an obvious and cynical attempt to manipulate public opinion and divert attention away from the Islamic supremacist ties, shady financial dealings, and contradictory statements of the mosque organizers,” Geller said.
One year ago, Daisy the Khan said that they would be breaking ground on September 11, 2011 for the 15-story monster mosque going up in a building destroyed in the Islamic attack on America. It was redundant. They  had broken ground on September 11, 2001.

Well, jihadist radical Rauf and his third wife (one more, papa, and you are maxed out) have been kicked off the Ground Zero mosque project and the developer grifter Gamal has lopped off ten stories from his triumphal mosque. In other words, we have successfully halted the project, for now.

But the media and Islamic supremacists create their own fantasy, and they are claiming the mosque opened because the grifter Gamal hung some photos of kids on the main floor of the building (here at Atlas). Pathetic.

CNN is reporting this: Islamic center near ground zero touts first big event as center’s g...

New York (CNN) – Earlier this month, signs of life returned to what was once a gaping pit, frozen in sadness and rife with emotion, as part of the memorial at the World Trade Center opened on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
This week, another grand opening – this one steeped in controversy – is scheduled for just a few blocks away from the site where the Twin Towers once stood.
"A few blocks." CNN lies. 600 feet from the tower site.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/19/islamic-center-near-ground-zero-bills-first-big-event-as-centers-grand-opening/

Read The full story from Pamela over at Atlas Shrugs

Also, did you catch Darla's posting about her trip to New York speaking at the 9-11 Freedom Rally?

Here is a snippet of her article:

We were passing by victim’s family members as they left the memorial. Some of the family members simply had the blue ribbon pinned on their clothing, whereas others were wearing t-shirts with their beloved family member that perished on that tragic day. As we encountered the family we would state that we were so very sorry for their loss and that Grassfire Nation and many American Patriots had sponsored commemorative pins for them and first responders. We informed them that American’s hearts were with them and we would be sure to educate and inform as many as possible so that this never happens again. They were touched, thankful, and encouraged that we all remembered and felt their pain."

To Read the full article, click the following link:
911: Freedom Revisited

OR Click this link:

http://libertynews.com/2011/09/18/911-freedom-revisited/

http://resistance.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=2600775%3ATopic%3A5527014&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 03:48:24 PM by jpatrickham »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
OMG, now they're whining about the latest storms washing tarballs from the BP spill up onto the beach in Louisiana -- "oil not dissipating as fast as hoped".

Anybody here know, Alan?, if tarballs from natural occurances happen down there like they do in Cali?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »

Yes, they are naturally occurring.

The earth continues to manufacture oil and it can only contain so much therefore it randomly expels excess.
Everywhere there is oil offshore there are tarballs.  The closer to shore the oil the more tarballs there are.
Expelled oil from far offshore is evaporated, dissipated and eaten before it reaches shore.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 11:13:12 PM »
Soooooooooo ......

(I DO tend to begin many sentences with "Soooo", but it so often serves serves so well ......)

Sooooooooooo ....

.... it's a natural occurrence over which the media chooses to moan, either out or ignorance or .........

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 11:28:42 PM »

Yep, the part I like, that is just these days being written and said aloud is: Oil is a by product of the earth just like CO2, it will never end.  There is no peak oil.  Sooooo watch out for the tarballs when you go to the beach.  Well, not NC anyway.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »

Yep, the part I like, that is just these days being written and said aloud is: Oil is a by product of the earth just like CO2, it will never end.  There is no peak oil.  Sooooo watch out for the tarballs when you go to the beach.  Well, not NC anyway.

Whut?  Not NC?  We wuz wobbed of non-peak organic substanz!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 11:57:15 PM »

Call Obama and demand a fair share!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 03:05:15 AM »
The other day while discussing McGinnis's book about Palin , MSNBC spelled "rogue" as "rouge" . I wonder if they got "red-faced" over it .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 06:45:05 AM »
The other day while discussing McGinnis's book about Palin , MSNBC spelled "rogue" as "rouge" . I wonder if they got "red-faced" over it .

::hysterical::

But since most hacks just regurgitate from the Old Gray Hag (or just straight from the propaganda ministries in the WH or DNC), it's no wonder the MFM has issues with spelling, sentence structure and basic reading comprehension...put a monkey in a dress and put lipstick on it and throw it in front of a camera to eat up air time...their MO hasn't changed much in 30 plus years...

Link in included for poops & snorts -

http://www.nytimes.com/

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 08:18:14 AM »

...put a monkey in a dress and put lipstick on it and throw it in front of a camera to eat up air time...

Andrea Mitchell ?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 09:06:28 AM »

...put a monkey in a dress and put lipstick on it and throw it in front of a camera to eat up air time...

Andrea Mitchell ?

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 09:37:07 AM »

I tend to doubt it, I believe many at the OLD GRAY LADY, are just that, old gray and in a closet! :-*