Author Topic: Couple Fined for Hosting Bible Study in Home  (Read 1315 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Couple Fined for Hosting Bible Study in Home
« on: September 21, 2011, 10:21:23 AM »
Filed under Apologetics, Church, constitution

"A California couple has been fined by the city of San Juan Capistrano for holding Bible studies and religious gatherings in their home, which has some wondering about the future of religious freedom in America.

Chuck and Stephanie Fromm, residents of San Juan Capistrano, home to the oldest church in California, were fined $300 for the religious activities, which the city said violated a municipal code that prohibits “religious, fraternal or non-profit” organizations in residential neighborhoods without a conditional-use permit,” the Capistrano Dispatch reported.

Chuck Fromm is publisher of Worship Leader Magazine, a Christian music resource that combines biblical wisdom and best practices for worship, and provides added educational and congregational resources through its associated educational services, according to its website. However, the Fromms insist that their weekly meetings are not affiliated with a church, nor are they seeking to establish a church."

Continue reading at www.christianpost.com

::facepalm:: ::bashing:: ::angry:: ::cussing:: ::gaah::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Couple Fined for Hosting Bible Study in Home
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 11:14:59 AM »
I read that yesterday.  Seems like thisn is always happening in fricken California!

::facepalm::

Oh and as for that wondering part?  Wha...?  Not paying attention are ya?!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 12:00:46 PM »
Am I to believe that not one of these organizations has not had a unpermitted meeting?

http://www.sanjuancapistrano.org/index.aspx?page=374

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 12:14:55 PM »
I read that yesterday.  Seems like thisn is always happening in fricken California!

::facepalm::

Oh and as for that wondering part?  Wha...?  Not paying attention are ya?!

::gaah::

All I can say is when the Birds fly to Capistrano next time, may they unload there bowels a little more than usual on the good People there! ;D

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »
Am I to believe that not one of these organizations has not had a unpermitted meeting?

Perhaps no one complained.  The article said municipal code enforcement was "reactive", which means someone btched.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts the issue really comes down to parking.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 12:20:45 PM »

Perhaps no one complained.  The article said municipal code enforcement was "reactive", which means someone btched.

I'm sure you're right about that.

It pays to be friendly with the neighbors.  The guy next door always invites the neighbors to his parties.  hehehehe
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 12:31:20 PM »

Yet ANOTHER reason I live in a rural area. No complaining neighbors. ::mooning:: Well, unless you count the in-laws next door. ::facepalm::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson