Author Topic: CEO blows away Congressional hearing  (Read 1017 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
CEO blows away Congressional hearing
« on: September 20, 2011, 08:02:09 PM »
In my own business, securities regulations have prohibited me from hiring brokers for more than three years. I was even fined fifteen thousand dollar expressly for hiring too many brokers in 2008. In the process I incurred more than $500,000 in legal bills to mitigate a more severe regulatory outcome as a result of hiring too many workers. I have also been prohibited from opening up additional offices. I had a major expansion plan that would have resulted in my creating hundreds of additional jobs. Regulations have forced me to put those jobs on hold.

So said Peter Schiff, economist, businessman, author and financial commentator. Schiff is CEO and chief global strategist[1] of Euro Pacific Capital Inc., a broker-dealer based in Westport, Connecticut[12] and CEO of Euro Pacific Precious Metals, LLC, a gold and silver dealer based in New York City.[13] per Wiki, testifying before Congress today.

Read it all; I nodded in agreement the whole way.

http://nation.foxnews.com/peter-schiff/2011/09/20/ceo-blows-away-congressional-hearing-i-was-fined-hiring-too-many-people
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: CEO blows away Congressional hearing
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:25:29 PM »

Thank you Mr. Schiff, for being a man of character and courage.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 06:53:47 AM »
Yep, get his e-mails...a man who knows his stuff!

::thumbsup::

PS-He should have gotten the GOP nod in Connecticut over McMahon...all McMahon did was lose to a Dem loser in Blumenthal whose only claim to fame up until then was being a minor state pol & lawyer who gets his rocks off being militantly anti-business!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 09:14:33 AM »
....whose only claim to fame up until then was being a minor state pol & lawyer who gets his rocks off being militantly anti-business!

Quite an ambition. ::doublebird::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »
I hear some say that Peter is a big fat liar. Has any of his testimony been disproved? I can't find any links to show if it has.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 12:57:17 AM »
I hear some say that Peter is a big fat liar. Has any of his testimony been disproved? I can't find any links to show if it has.

About what are the claims that he lied?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 06:45:54 AM »

PS-He should have gotten the GOP nod in Connecticut over McMahon...all McMahon did was lose to a Dem loser in Blumenthal whose only claim to fame up until then was being a minor state pol & lawyer who gets his rocks off being militantly anti-business!

Not to derail the thread, but I read yesterday that McMahon is going to run against Lieberman. She'll lose.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 06:47:20 AM »
I haven't heard anything to that effect, sounds like typical MFM anti-captilalist knee-jerk hatred being vomited IMO.

And if there was an attack from any credible source I bet Peter would have sent a communique out post haste.  I'll be sure to check if any of this comes up in his e-mail distributions.

The EuroPac & show sites do not indicate any controversy to his testimony.

http://www.europac.net/

http://www.schiffradio.com/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 06:47:59 AM »

Not to derail the thread, but I read yesterday that McMahon is going to run against Lieberman. She'll lose.

::smalldeadhorse::

::facepalm::  morons...