Author Topic: Poll finds Obama losing ground to Republicans  (Read 1162 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Poll finds Obama losing ground to Republicans
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:52:13 PM »
Link

WASHINGTON -- Look out President Barack Obama. Even Sarah Palin's gaining on you.

A new McClatchy-Marist poll finds that Obama looks increasingly vulnerable in next year's election, with a majority of voters believing he'll lose to any Republican, a solid plurality saying they'll definitely vote against him and most potential Republican challengers gaining on him.

Even in potential matchups where he leads, Obama in most cases has lost ground to the Republican.

The biggest gain came for Palin, the former Alaska governor who hasn't yet announced whether she'll jump into the fast-changing race for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

After trailing Obama by more than 20 percentage points in polls all year, the new national survey, taken Sept. 13-14, found Palin trailing the president by just 5 points, 49-44 percent. The key reason: She now leads Obama among independents, a sharp turnaround.

Ace of Spades commenters hardest hit.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Poll finds Obama losing ground to Republicans
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 10:57:29 PM »
...Ace of Spades commenters hardest hit.

I saw that. Ace could hardly contain his disdain and snark.

These blog pundits that fancy themselves as shapers of events rather than commenters kind of bug me lately. Erick Erickson is another one.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 11:07:41 PM »
Not only Ace, but a lot of the commenters over there, too.  Honestly, I don't know what their problem is.  I see all kinds of comments about "Palinistas" and "Palinbots", yet they're practically building a cult of personality around Perry for some reason.  Danged if I can understand it.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 11:21:20 PM »
Hey, it's just open season on SCAOMF's all of a sudden and everyone wants in on the action. As I have said repeatedly for the last week or so, I don't care who is up against Toonces as long as it isn't Ron Paul or Jon Huntsman. Any of the others, including Palin, would be worlds better than Dinkus.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 11:23:40 PM »

Yeah, Erick and Reihl also.  And the shocker to me, it's not Erick's blog, he's owned.  What gumption, call yourself editor or something.

The more they portray themselves as shapers of events the less affect they have.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »
Not only Ace, but a lot of the commenters over there, too.  Honestly, I don't know what their problem is.  I see all kinds of comments about "Palinistas" and "Palinbots", yet they're practically building a cult of personality around Perry for some reason.  Danged if I can understand it.

You should have been around when a *certain* Huckleberry lover accused all critiquers as haters.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 12:02:45 AM »

You should have been around when a *certain* Huckleberry lover accused all critiquers as haters.

Intelligent, thoughtful person who on a couple of subjects become irrational.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 12:05:04 AM »

Hey! There's a debate Thursday? night hosted by Fox.  Surely they've been doing their homework.  Looking forward to an enlightening evening.  May they all be at their best.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »

Intelligent, thoughtful person who on a couple of subjects become irrational.

Awww, Charles.  Promise me you'll be so complimentary of me when I'm dead and gone.  ;D
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 12:32:52 AM »

He should come back apologize and make his obescience so that I may watch y'all go on and on and on and on an........

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 12:52:12 AM »

He should come back apologize and make his obescience so that I may watch y'all go on and on and on and on an........

Alright, enough outta you, then.  You weren't the subject of his derision on PLF.

And you spelled obeisance wrong, tthbbbbppppttt!  :supercool:

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 06:47:54 AM »

Hey! There's a debate Thursday? night hosted by Fox.  Surely they've been doing their homework.  Looking forward to an enlightening evening.  May they all be at their best.

It's come to the point where I expect Bachmann to make a fool out of herself, whether it's in the debate or in post-debate appearances. I'm so disappointed that the Left's caricature of her turns out to, at least in part, have some truth to it. I can't tell you how disappointed.

Remember when Hillary said she was named after Sir Edmund, or that she was under sniper attack in Bosnia? Bachmann is prone to the same crap. She's in the moment, and she impulsively says what comes into her mind to support whatever point she's trying to make, without regard to truth or consequence. Dammit.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 07:20:34 AM »
I think it would be nice if all the candidates agreed before hand that in this next debate and for all that follow no attacks on each other directly be engaged in and every answer to every question be redirected back to this rogue Obama Regime and what we will do to defeat it and put America back on a solid foundation again.

Having said that I am fully prepared to be monumentally disappointed.

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 12:12:49 PM »

Hey! There's a debate Thursday? night hosted by Fox.  Surely they've been doing their homework.  Looking forward to an enlightening evening.  May they all be at their best.

It's come to the point where I expect Bachmann to make a fool out of herself, whether it's in the debate or in post-debate appearances. I'm so disappointed that the Left's caricature of her turns out to, at least in part, have some truth to it. I can't tell you how disappointed.

Remember when Hillary said she was named after Sir Edmund, or that she was under sniper attack in Bosnia? Bachmann is prone to the same crap. She's in the moment, and she impulsively says what comes into her mind to support whatever point she's trying to make, without regard to truth or consequence. Dammit.

I think they learn to just fill the air with words and they often have no idea what they said.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."