Author Topic: Liberal Says: "It's not 'class warfare,' it's Christianity"  (Read 958 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Liberal Says: "It's not 'class warfare,' it's Christianity"
« on: September 21, 2011, 12:32:12 PM »
Filed under Constitution, Economics, Politics, Religion  ::bashing::

"I was wondering when liberals were going to bring Jesus into the discussion about taxing the rich. Christians are labeled ‘theocrats’ and ‘dominionists’ when they quote the Bible, but when a liberal appeals to Jesus she’s being compassionate. The latest is an article written by Susan Brooks Thistlethwaite who is a professor at Chicago Theological Seminary. Apparently there’s Chicago politics and Chicago Theology. Here’s the professor’s own summary of why a $1.5 trillion tax and spending program by a confiscatory government is the essence of Christianity:

“Americans sharing more equally in the burden of pulling our country out of massive debt, and using tax revenue to stimulate the economy and create jobs isn’t ‘class warfare,’ it’s actually Christianity.”

I’m all for sharing, but being taxed is not sharing. Taking money from one neighbor to help another neighbor is not sharing. If a person wants to appeal to his neighbors to help another neighbor, that’s a good thing."
::doh::

Read more: Liberal Says: “It’s not ‘class warfare,’ it’s Christianity” | Godfather Politics http://godfatherpolitics.com/1059/liberal-says-its-not-class-warfare-its-christianity/#ixzz1YbpSSLoO ::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Liberal Says: "It's not 'class warfare,' it's Christianity"
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 12:43:02 PM »
She's a liar.  A perfectly good rebuttal to her can be found here >>  http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,3014.0.html

Today I had an interesting thought:

Marx’s famous quote (inspired by Satan, of course) was:
“From each according to his ability, to each according to his need”

Where did Satan get that quote? He was inspired by Jesus, and thru his hate for Jesus, he did what he always did, he took a truth and turned it into a lie.

Look at Philippians 4:19: NIV

“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”

King james version:
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Satan pulled a misdirection trick to take our focus off of Him and replaced Him with man’s wishes. Nowhere in scripture does Jesus preach that your needs shall be provided by taking away from others. Jesus said that I will provide.

Do we need to take care of the poor and unfortunate? Yep. But, don’t forget that the poor and unfortunate also have a responsibility too. God’s promise is not for those that forsake Him and refuse to do what He called them to do.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Re: Liberal Says: "It's not 'class warfare,' it's Christianity"
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »
That will work! ::thumbsup::