Author Topic: Guerilla Gardening and more - food preps  (Read 1639 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Guerilla Gardening and more - food preps
« on: March 09, 2011, 02:14:20 PM »
Finally, it looks as if hard reality has given us our last warning. Top off. Start now. Fill your freezer, your refrigerator and your deep larder in the weeks ahead. Store more supplies wherever you can. Accumulate long shelf-life staples; rice and beans, canned food, powdered milk and eggs and the like. In not too much time the prices you pay now will be bargains. Be discreet, some sources say plans for confiscation and redistribution are already in place. In such an event, consider what DHS's "See Something, Say Something" may mean in your neighborhood. The extra-wary will cache some insurance supplies at another location, you know, in case the house burns down. Wink wink. Come February a year from now, guerilla garden produce from covert root cellars and a modest cache of Spam and pork'n beans may make the difference between smelling the spring flowers and being the spring flowers.

Events are shouting it in our faces: replenish what needs replenishing, get what needs getting. Top off now. We probably have a couple of months before panic becomes a factor, perhaps a bit longer but more likely less. Don't be an alarmist. Use your talking time as doing time instead. Buy in bulk if you can, but do it methodically, no sense in drawing attention to yourself or panicking bystanders. If your growing season is about to start, forget the cute appetizers and salad stuff, put in real food, nourishing food, high-calorie food. Thank yourself later. Things may get dicey in a hurry.

Scroll down to "Guerilla Gardening" and RTWT
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Guerilla Gardening and more - food preps
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:55:36 PM »

He has some good and some interesting how to ideas.  His scenarios are a bit too hyperbolic.

Storing your survival gear at the epicenter of an earthquake, no; however, google mapping New Madrid places it almost center of the US east of the Continental Divide and an 8 hr. or less drive to at least 10 major population centers.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 05:59:58 PM »
I linked the thread mostly for the part I excerpted and the rest about food, besides "guerilla gardening".

Plus, freeze-dried food order are back-ordered by three weeks.  Not a good sign, fellas.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:12:26 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:57:57 AM »
More of the FEMA hoarding impact, eh?!

I see many sites have notices emblazoned on their webpages warning of backorders for #10 cans and certain freeze-dried goods.  Our clan got our last orders in between Christmas and Valentine's Day, so we have probably close to a 9 month supply now, not counting what we could salvage out of our respective freezers and shelves, in total maybe we have 10 months.  And we did another heirloom seed purchase too.

Certain MRE's are still available, and a good option for people to supplement their stash with if you need something.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.