Author Topic: Person of Interest  (Read 3065 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Person of Interest
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »

Kono (Grace Park) played the part of 'Boomer' in Battlestar Galactica.

She's purrrrty.

She is.  A long, TALL, svelte purrrty.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 09:43:35 AM »
Watched the second season premier last night. The episode continued the finale storyline and didn't wrap it up.  The story concerns a woman they didn't suspect was a baddie until too late.

I do like this show.  Best scene of the night--Reese (Caviezel) walks into a bar looking for a guy and is confronted by a Nazi racist. He manages to get the Nazi's gun and shoot the guy and all his buddies then walk out with the guy he was looking for.

Two things--why he didn't have his own gun?  But I noticed they like to do these scenes where he takes another's gun and shoots him with it.  I guess Jonathan Nolan likes the dramatic effect. Also, the Nazi's hideout had a big sign on the wall that said Take America Back.  I think this is the second show I've seen recently that has featured bad guys who are doing their crimes in order to save America. 

So far the show hasn't made a point of making any direct comments on political/social issues by any of the characters.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 08:16:42 PM »
I really like this show also.  I think it is the thought that the little guy is being screwed by some corporation/government entity and no one will help then boom...  here is Reese and the bad guy is no longer relevant.  That's why I like "Leverage" also.  There was another show a couple of years back called "Human Target" that had a similar premise.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 10:15:21 PM »
I really like this show also.  I think it is the thought that the little guy is being screwed by some corporation/government entity and no one will help then boom...  here is Reese and the bad guy is no longer relevant.  That's why I like "Leverage" also.  There was another show a couple of years back called "Human Target" that had a similar premise.

Yep. I'm a fan of those two also.  I'd say it's the same theme with Burn Notice.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 10:53:35 PM »
I like Burn Notice and Leverage. Have to check te others.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 01:39:48 PM »
I like Burn Notice and Leverage. Have to check te others.

Person of Interest isn't available online though you can get the first season dvd.  It's on Thursday.
Human Target was on Fox for 2 years.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 04:32:08 PM »
I thought of y'all on Tuesday night while watching this show (now on Tuesday at 10 CBS-- available online too)

There's a new female character named Shaw  who's a bad-ass who likes to shoot people DEAD.  Anyway, another character was asking about her relationships-if she was seeing any men regularly.  She answered, "No. I don't know what to do with them  They cry and want to be hugged."

My daughter and I laughed out loud.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 05:44:36 PM »
I thought of y'all on Tuesday night while watching this show (now on Tuesday at 10 CBS-- available online too)

There's a new female character named Shaw  who's a bad-ass who likes to shoot people DEAD.  Anyway, another character was asking about her relationships-if she was seeing any men regularly.  She answered, "No. I don't know what to do with them  They cry and want to be hugged."

My daughter and I laughed out loud.

Rats!  I missed that.  That's what I get for trying to multitask and watch with one eye.

Shaw is a bad-ass.  My kinda gal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 07:50:15 PM »
Person of Interest so far hasn't made any apologies for the ass-kicking, gun-shooting displays against the bad guys.

Watching Arrow on the CW (don't laugh) last night and the title character has decided that killing the bad guys isn't nice since his best friend called him a murderer.  So he going to try another way.  Last night he caught the bad guys and turned them over to a cop friend.  Ho hum.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 10:28:12 AM »
My wife and I have been fans of this show since it came on the air.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 11:15:38 AM »

She's purrrrty.

Wait a sec...I thought something seemed off...

Long?  TALL?

She is Asian...right?    ::thinking::

Or, maybe compared to 4' what?

Oops!  I went there!   ::exitstageleft::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 02:12:31 PM »

She's purrrrty.

Wait a sec...I thought something seemed off...

Long?  TALL?

She is Asian...right?    ::thinking::

Or, maybe compared to 4' what?

Oops!  I went there!   ::exitstageleft::

Brat.

She's 5'8" or 5'9" .... of Korean descent.