Author Topic: NYPD teaches nightclubs to look out for possible terrorists with 'bulging veins  (Read 1237 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
NYPD teaches nightclubs to look out for possible terrorists with 'bulging veins in the neck'

BY Erik Badia

DAILY EWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 4:00 AM

"The NYPD issued a 27-page booklet called "Best Practices for Nightlife Establishments" to teach operators how to spot possible terrorists. Related NewsDrug stings shutter two marquee clubsBroadway bloodbath as three stabbed at Mars 2112Editorial: Blight at the museumA-Rod, Jay-Z driver had speed tix fixedRookie cop scratches journalism career for NYPDHigh-profile celebs seeking gun permits on the riseThe NYPD's updated guide to bolstering the safety of city nightclubs offers tips on how to spot patrons who are bombed - as well as those carrying bombs.

The 27-page booklet, titled "Best Practices for Nightlife Establishments," advises owners to be cautious about nervous customers who are sweating profusely and with "bulging veins in the neck."

"Counter-terrorism security plans should include training for all staff in the detection of possible suicide bombers," the guide, released Monday, says.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly insisted the guide, produced in conjunction with the New York Nightlife Association, is not meant to "alarm, but to help owners and operators craft effective strategies for terrorism prevention and preparedness."

On how to spot would-be terrorists, the guide recommends being alert to people with "visible wires and tape" protruding from their clothing and "individuals who are obviously disguised."

Nightclub workers should also be aware of people casing establishments by photographing or videotaping.

"Be on the lookout for people with suspicious bags and identical bags being carried by several individuals," the guide suggests.

The booklet also has plenty of tips on how to spot plastered patrons, advising they're usually the ones with slurred speech and bloodshot eyes who appear "sick, confused, abusive, profane, antagonistic or incoherent."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/09/20/2011-09-20_nypd_teaches_nightclubs_to_look_out_for_possible_terrorists_with_bulging_veins_i.html#ixzz1YWhEg874

Well Hell, back in the day, they would have been all over my butt. ::mooning:: I was bulging all over the place! ::evil::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
 ::laughonfloor::

Well, dang, who'd thunk wires and tape protuding from clothing might not be a good thing.

::falldownshocked::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

Written by Gene Wilder, Mel Brooks, and Peter Boyle. ::teslacoil::   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
People are stoopit!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

Written by Gene Wilder, Mel Brooks, and Peter Boyle. ::teslacoil::   

Even they haven't thought about it being funny.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
People are stoopit!
Right On!
A person is Smart people are.............. ::gaah::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow