Author Topic: Archive: live-chat/live-blog of the debate  (Read 2692 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Archive: live-chat/live-blog of the debate
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 01:23:45 AM »
Further thought on Perry...I got annoyed with him right out of the gate when he refused to give any kind of a jobs/economy plan at all. Instead he falls back on the, "We're just gonna do what I did in Texas," schtick. Huh? You've been an announced candidate for how long and still have nothing concrete to say about the most pressing presidential issue since the freaking Cold War? What is this? Laziness? Dog ate his homework? I don't understand this lack of seriousness at all.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 02:01:22 AM »

What does Mitt believe and what will he do?
Romney is a duplicitous bitch.  Talking to Hannity he says Perry would have done things differently if he had know he was going to run for president.  What is Romney doing?  What is he saying?   He is exposing himself as a prostitute saying he will plan years ahead and do whatever is necessary to achieve his goal (Isn't this what Obama did?) of being president. 
He will do or avoid doing whatever is necessary regardless what he personally believes to insure a safe history as a candidate. That's what he said Perry should have done. He just told the world he is a fraud.

A person in the position of authority who conducts himself in disregard of his present responsibility in order to secure future advancement is an offense to true public service and that is Romney's advocacy.  That leaves one with two questions, what does Mitt Romney believe and what will he do?  The answer is simple. He believes nothing, he prostitutes himself before the alter of appearance and he will sell you out.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 02:56:09 AM »
Oy.  Just great.  After reading you two, trap and Charles, I think I'll just go hang m'self now and save me from further disappointment and misery.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 04:06:21 AM »

Is the baseball game that good?
Is the baseball game that important?

No, this one was completely meaningless, since the Phils have already clinched the division.

However, they've lost six games in a row since clinching, which is...concerning.

The fact that I chose to listen to a completely meaningless baseball game should tell you everything you need to know.  I don't give a rat's ass about these so-called "debates".

Oh, yeah...and I hated this debate. I can't say that I have liked any of the last three or four. They aren't making me want to support any of the candidates. They are making me have strong aversions to most of the candidates.

Mm hmm.  Mark Levin made an important point on his Thursday night radio show.  He said that the Republican establishment wants to create a clear front-runner right now, before all those pesky primary voters have their say.

Divide and conquer.

...Fox is in the tank for Romney...

The machine spits out the one whose turn is next. The machine says it's Romney's turn. The machine needs to have sand thrown in the gears.

If and when Palin gets in, Fox will be against her.  Bank on it.  They are MSM.  They are not to be trusted.

In my opinion, she is looking very wise to stay far away from these dog-and-pony shows.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 04:39:27 AM »
I've been reading some of the comments at Ace of Spades, and realization is beginning to sink in that Perry may not be the Chuck Norris candidate they thought he was.

There is much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 06:47:25 AM »
I've been reading some of the comments at Ace of Spades, and realization is beginning to sink in that Perry may not be the Chuck Norris candidate they thought he was.

There is much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Yup. As I said in the chat thread, this was my first big exposure to Perry aside from the hype and sound-bytes. He was more of an "idea" than a candidate to me until last night. I. Was. Not. Impressed. In. The. Least.

I think we'll see a leveling out of the candidates rather than one pulling ahead. I think Romney will stay the front-runner. And I think the conservative base is getting the strong sense that they are about to get McCained all over again.

If I had to guess - and this is pure speculation - I would say that Palin has been waiting for the conservative base to come to this conclusion on its own. Now that Perry is shown to be anything but the super-candidate that everyone presumed him to be, her long-ago stated criteria is fulfilled: she will get in the race if there is not another candidate with the constitutional conservative credentials in the race who can beat Obama.

I think it is dawning on the conservative electorate at this very moment that there is not a constitutional conservative in the race who can beat Obama.

If I had to speculate further, I would guess that Palin will jump in, triggering Donald Trump to jump in as a third-party stalking horse for Obama, offering what appears to be Perry's brash style with Romney's business chops.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 08:12:36 AM »
I disagree on Trump getting in. I don't think he has the stomach for campaigning. It's too much associating with the riffraff for him. I picture him going through a lot of hand sanitizer.

I am not sure that Palin will get in at all. Although she would probably poll well at the outset (and that is, of course, important), she has zero organization in place for a run. A Facebook page is not enough. Not at this stage. We are only a few months away from the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary. The resources necessary for a primary run (campaign staff) are now scarce and the time for fund-raising is short. She had all of the time in the world to properly prepare these things and did not. So...I will be somewhat surprised if she enters the race at this point.

And if you want to really be scared for our party keep an eye on RP's polling. The guy is a total lunatic and introduced himself last night as a "top tier" candidate. Because of his lunatic base he will probably have enough money to hang on to the bitter end as he did last time around. If the MFM wants to meddle (and you know they do) it will do so through this clown. They will hide his most crazy stuff (especially the Jewish thing) as long as possible in order to make him look reasonable. There is no other reason he is being taken seriously at this point in the race. He is the Republican version of Lyndon LaRouche.

As to the idea that there is not a constitutional conservative in the race who can beat O'Bama...I don't think this is necessarily true. O'Bama is a presidential disaster of unprecedented proportions. Any one of the opposing candidates can beat him (yes, even the lunatic) because after another year of his ridiculous behavior the voters will take anyone. And as bad as some of these clods are, any one of them would be better than President Golfsalot. Remember, a lot can happen in a year...have we seen anything that could reasonably lead you to believe that somehow O'Bama will get better at this job? I'm not convinced that we have seen the worst yet.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 08:30:22 AM »
...As to the idea that there is not a constitutional conservative in the race who can beat O'Bama...I don't think this is necessarily true. O'Bama is a presidential disaster of unprecedented proportions. Any one of the opposing candidates can beat him (yes, even the lunatic) because after another year of his ridiculous behavior the voters will take anyone...

I guess that depends on how loosely or tightly one defines "constitutional conservative". I only see three, maybe four of them who qualify according to my definition. Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Herman Cain, and Michele Bachmann. They can all make the case for those conservative bona fides.

But I don't think it is a given that when it comes down to a choice, any of them can necessarily beat Obama. He is a disaster of unmitigated proportion. But he is the incumbent, and he is the hard Left's man. Despite grumblings now, when push comes to shove, you know he has the media in his pocket, and a billion dollars will be spent on him. The candidate who opposes him must be strong and have broad appeal. Bachmann is going down in flames. Johnson is an also-ran. Cain cannot get traction, and has made some huge missteps in message control. Paul is Paul.

I think the argument can be made that of the constitutional conservatives in the race, there is a great risk that Obama would beat any of them. The only people I see in the race now who seem likely to beat Obama are not constitutional conservatives.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 10:02:06 AM »
Oy.  Just great.  After reading you two, trap and Charles, I think I'll just go hang m'self now and save me from further disappointment and misery.

I can relate to this sense of dread.  If left with Romney...

Well, withdrawing into the woods seems a better choice right now...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 06:00:15 PM »

I can relate to this sense of dread.  If left with Romney...

Well, withdrawing into the woods seems a better choice right now...

Lets not go nuts here. Just think of it as it's not McCain again. I'm in anybody but obama mode.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie