Author Topic: Sizing up Herman Cain in today's (9/24) Florida straw poll  (Read 3674 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Sizing up Herman Cain in today's (9/24) Florida straw poll
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2011, 11:20:55 PM »
... And the bottom drops out for Bachmann. I'll continue to look forward to her moving the debate in a constitutional direction, but I think I am coming to grips with the reality that she peaked in Iowa.

Yeah, I had high hopes for her, but it definitely is looking like she doesn't have what it takes.

This decisive victory for Cain is going to make things mighty interesting!

I will be interested in Limbaugh's analysis tomorrow.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2011, 11:22:05 PM »
I think Palin is very smart to stay away from this nonsense.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2011, 11:22:06 PM »

Read that Cain got an influential endorsement that day.  Good show.
Also Perry's crew hired some of Crist's old hands and that didn't set well. 
Handlers are like used car salesmen. I hope he fired whoever hired the Crist people
and the people he hired.  If you can't manage your crew you can't manage America.

Cain's crew has been chided as "amateur hour", he picked his own people and shied
away from professional hired guns.  Looks like he has a loyal crew.

RickZ

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2011, 05:07:29 AM »

Read that Cain got an influential endorsement that day.  Good show.
Also Perry's crew hired some of Crist's old hands and that didn't set well. 
Handlers are like used car salesmen. I hope he fired whoever hired the Crist people
and the people he hired.  If you can't manage your crew you can't manage America.

Cain's crew has been chided as "amateur hour", he picked his own people and shied
away from professional hired guns
  Looks like he has a loyal crew.

Now see, as I previously wrote, that is a TEA Party attitude, a TEA Party tenet of belief.  No more professional pols!  (A strike against Palin, as well.  But I do view her different, on my side, the side against the media and the elites, against government intrusion into our lives.  That Palin now hails from Alaska may be one of her best, and untapped, assets.  I don't mean doing a tv reality show, but that she really does represent the last of who we as a people are -- or were.  She's from the last outpost of rugged individualism. Where meat does not come in plastic from a grocery store.)  Cain wouldn't be known outside of business/industry circles today unless tens of thousands of people around the country hadn't risen up in recent years (has it been that long already?) to let the government know it had overstepped its role, to petition them for redress of grievances (and 'get yer thievin' hands outta my pocket' is definitely a grievance worth being redressed).

I admit that when I first heard about Herman Cain, and listened to some of his words on YouTube, I wasn't "excited," but I was comfortable with him being in the race, as opposed to Romney.  I like Cain for the fact that he is not a professional pol (although being a CEO can rightly be argued to be a political position as well as a business one), that he brings that perspective to a White House and Washington that has completely lost touch with "the business of America [being] business" -- and not the government manufacturing red tape.  Not picking winners and losers, whether on a business or concept scale, like car dealerships or the glowbull warming scam.  Cain brings to the table something none of the others can bring:  He has not served (to my knowledge) in a political office.  He, for the moment (until circumstances change), is one of us, one of the not-Washington D.C. people.  I can't see Cain worrying about what the cocktail party circuit thinks (unlike Obama, who is a poll-watching vulture).  Cain is bringing something to the table, he is bringing back the whole onerous concept of public duty, of doing some service in a public office, but eventually going home and back to your family and business, back to your life.  (And, honestly, I don't think Cain would be running if a white Dem had been as communist as Obama has been; I think it is Obama's very skin tone that has brought Cain into the race.)  When was the last time there was a serious candidate for president who hadn't held public office?  Eisenhower?  (It has been argued, though, being C-in-C at SHAEF was definitely a political as well as a military position.)  We could do worse than Herman Cain, the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza*.  Much worse.  Obama could be reelected.

*  When it's put like that, it's kind of funny.  But then you compare that to Obama's resume bullet point, the Annenburg Project (which was called Obama's business experience as he was on the board), well, it's not even a fair comparison.  I know Obama got where he is by being lightly challenged, even pushed along; I cannot see affirmative-action as being a part of Cain's business experience.  Cain is a presidential candidate who happens to be black, not a black presidential candidate.  And that's a distinction with a difference.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 07:34:36 AM »
The anti-Fed people like to point out that he served on (I believe)  the Fed Board of Governors.
Still trying to figure out whether it means anything critical

Otherwise, I like him
He has backed off the Fair Tax which I happen to like

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 07:52:29 AM »
away from professional hired guns.

By who, professional Poli Sci retards, too cowardly to go "on record?"

Herman Cain.  Second look time, for me, assuming Sarah never gets in.  Who isn't capable of a gaff.  But Cain appears to have that rare ability (looking at the current field) not to go full retard on his gaffs, like Bachmann or Perry or Romney or....

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 07:54:51 AM »
I have heard it said that the Annenberg Challenge, part of the Annenberg Project, with the assistance of Arne Duncan, was responsible for turning the Chicago schools into a grievance-mongering factory.

Surprise.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2011, 10:03:14 AM »

http://www.hermancain.com/about

Through these and other appearances on behalf of the National Restaurant Association, Herman began working with business leaders across all sectors of the American economy. This led to his acceptance of a position on the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, and he was subsequently elected their chairman. In this role, he analyzed economic conditions in the region and notified the Federal Reserve of how their policies should respond.

Chairman of the Kansas City Fed.  I like that.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly