Author Topic: Romney: Pro-Choice  (Read 4881 times)

ttomm46

Re: Romney: Pro-Choice
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »
what the hell are you talking about?.....you don't kill the innocent..period

Offline Janny

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 09:57:32 PM »
Every single pregnancy is a threat to the mother's life? No moreso, and in most cases less so than an abortion.

There are more holes in this guy's arguments than a Swiss cheese factory.

Offline QuantumG

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 09:58:10 PM »

In case it's not clear, your trivial statements of what you consider fact have no effect.

ttomm46

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »
in case you don't get it bozo this forum is a conservative and not a troll forum..Of coarse to the brain dead liberals like yourself the life of an innocent baby is trevial. ::doublebird::

Offline Janny

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 10:05:37 PM »

In case it's not clear, your trivial statements of what you consider fact have no effect.

And your long, rambling tomes are loaded with baseless opinions and out and out lies passed off as fact. I'm not wasting my time refuting you.

Bye!

Offline QuantumG

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 10:14:31 PM »

Thank you for making an argument.

A fetus is a unique stage of human life, incomparable to any other stage.

Every human being who has ever lived has been a fetus. There are no exceptions. If we assume that the basic definition of personhood is self-evident (to assume otherwise requires superfluous argument)

But there's the rub, isn't it? People do argue personhood. They want it for other animals. In making the argument why they are wrong we condemn the unborn. If we're ready to accept a fetus as a person but not a vegetative adult or a tasty tasty pig, why?

to be a person requires having been a fetus. If you kill the fetus, you kill the person.

But you just said that to be a person requires you to have been a fetus.. clearly, the fetus isn't the person, and therefore killing a fetus is not killing a person.

If you kill the person, you kill what has grown from the fetus.

Again you say the fetus isn't a person.

Just as there is no exception to the rule that says every person first must be a fetus, there is no exception to the rule that says every fetus is a nascent person. The two are inseparable.  The state of being a fetus is intrinsic to humanity. No exceptions.

Is a "nascent person" a person?  You don't seem to think so. 

In any case, I specifically said I'm willing to grant that a fetus is a person for the sake of argument.. otherwise we can't even have a moral argument. Why are you still arguing a point that I've already granted you? All you're doing is weakening your own case.

The pro-life argument is not an argument solely about the role of government - or as I see it, the role of a moral and just society compelling its government to act. It is a moral argument at its very core.

Agreed. Although I personally don't see compelling a government to enforce just any old morality as being acceptable. Protecting the rights of individuals - which, I remind you, I have already granted you includes the fetus - is the sole legitimate function of government.

How does a society demonstrate the value it places on human life? How does a humane society treat its most vulnerable members? What entities within a society will give voice to the voiceless? What defines murder? Those are moral questions with relevant moral answers.

Which are phrased in such a way that individual liberty takes the backseat. Either move it to the front seat or you'll fail to convince me.

To argue for life based on the constitution and its guarantees is all well and good, but I consider the questions and answers invoked and evoked along those lines to be supporting arguments, not the thesis. The crux of the matter is a moral question. Does society sanction the killing of children at the behest of anothers whim, or does it not? It is no more complicated than that.

I don't disagree with this.. I take some objection to the implication of using "children" to refer to a fetus. Why? Because children are not dependent upon anyone in the same way a fetus is. If the fetus can be separated from its mother without killing it then I think we have very little to argue about - a mother who no longer wishes to carry it should be free to undergo that procedure, accepting both the risk to herself and the fetus. The only time we have disagreement is when the fetus cannot safely be removed. Now there is a conflict between the individual rights of the mother and the fetus. Is the mother obligated to provide for the fetus until such time as it can safely be removed? I say no for the same reason that I say I will not work for another against my will.

Offline QuantumG

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 10:15:32 PM »
in case you don't get it bozo this forum is a conservative and not a troll forum..Of coarse to the brain dead liberals like yourself the life of an innocent baby is trevial.

Believing in individual liberty does not make me a liberal.  Perhaps you should rethink your understanding of the political spectrum.

Offline QuantumG

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »
And your long, rambling tomes are loaded with baseless opinions and out and out lies passed off as fact. I'm not wasting my time refuting you.

Please don't waste your time telling me you're not going to argue with me.. simply don't argue with me.

ttomm46

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 10:19:04 PM »
ok  you can spread your tiny wings and fly away....your to be ignored..senseless rambling and setting a Strawman...so go troll away..byeeeeeee

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 10:39:36 PM »

Please don't waste your time telling me you're not going to argue with me.. simply don't argue with me.

Wish granted.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 10:48:34 PM »
in case you don't get it bozo this forum is a conservative and not a troll forum..Of coarse to the brain dead liberals like yourself the life of an innocent baby is trevial.

Believing in individual liberty does not make me a liberal.  Perhaps you should rethink your understanding of the political spectrum.

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us about your motives in introducing the question?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Janny

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 10:48:42 PM »

I see you missed my point. There is no need to argue with you, because your arguments are crap.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 10:49:38 PM »
Too late. I banned his ass for troll behavior.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 10:58:54 PM »
'Zack right!  What y'all got here is a failure to comoonikate.   ::cool::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 11:01:51 PM »
Now if anyone wants to get back to the political point of this discussion (i.e. Romney's flip flopping behavior) you are welcome to do it now, troll-free.

Offline Janny

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2011, 11:04:27 PM »
Now if anyone wants to get back to the political point of this discussion (i.e. Romney's flip flopping behavior) you are welcome to do it now, troll-free.

I don't trust Romney on abortion or any other issue, because of his flip-flopping.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2011, 11:06:49 PM »
Hence

I don't trust Romney on abortion or any other issue, because of his flip-flopping.

Hence, the Cain FL straw vote total exceeds the combined vote totals of Perry and Romney. The vote for Cain was a vote for authenticity.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2011, 11:42:58 PM »
Too late. I banned his ass for troll behavior.

But we hadn't even gotten around to open borders yet. That's one of the pet issues libertarians like to use to underscore their irrelevance.

It's like with the "social conservatives need to just STFU" crowd who variously call themselves libertarian or fiscal conservatives -- they pretend culture is meaningless, that somehow economic and personal liberties are not informed by the cultural milieu.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2011, 11:49:52 PM »
Insults from noobs will not be tolerated. He can go back to the PuffHo (or wherever) and ply his troll wares there.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2011, 11:51:10 PM »
I aborted him. He should be ecstatic.