Author Topic: Hell, TV, society and us  (Read 3362 times)

charlesoakwood

Hell, TV, society and us
« on: September 25, 2011, 02:07:35 PM »
This has two discrete parts

Mailbag & Are You Entertained?
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - September 24, AD 2011 9:27 PM MST

Ann,

I know you are smart enough to know the difference between pedophilia and homosexuality. I don't know why you
    are conflating the two. Furthermore... there are much worse sinners than homosexuals... i.e. murderers, straight child
    molesters, fathers who commit incest, liars, thieves, and general evil doers. I do not know why some Christians are
    obsessed with and scapegoat homosexuals in much the same way that Muslims are obsessed with and scapegoat
    Jews.  Some Christians, sadly such as yourself always end whatever topic you are discussing with homosexuals.

Signed,
    Cedar
    PS I am Catholic

Cedar-
Sadly, you, along with most ethnic Catholics today, have been taught and subscribe to the truly evil heresy of moral relativism. The so-called “victimless crimes” of self-loathing (masturbation, homosexuality, drug and alcohol abuse) DO affect others by means of undermining the fabric of culture, society and civilization itself. Even if you don’t care about a man who is destroying himself, some of us (led by Jesus Christ) DO CARE. There is no such thing as a victimless crime because every single person has dignity.

You also fail to acknowledge how just in our lifetime the acceptance of homosexuality has destroyed marriage and our entire culture. Further, the acceptance of one perversion has led directly to greater perversions, perversions with explicit external victims, to the point that decent people can no longer turn on a television in good conscience. And would you, a “good Catholic”, like to know what the original genesis of the acceptance of homosexuality in western culture was? It was the acceptance of CONTRACEPTION. Once the procreative function was removed from the marital sex act, the sex act lost its sanctity and devolved into a self-centered, masturbatory activity – even within marriage. Here are the arguments that have sprung naturally and "logically" from the lie and false premise of contraception:

-Why can’t two men anally or orally copulate? So what if that can’t result in a baby? Neither can chemically or barrier contracepted or voluntarily physically sterilized (tubal ligation, vasectomy, sodomy, coitus interruptus, etc.) heterosexual sex within marriage, and you people do that all the time.
-Why can’t an adult copulate with a child – either boy or girl? Since sex has nothing to do with the transmission of life it doesn’t matter that the child is infertile by virtue of physical immaturity. And who says that sex can’t be fun for the child? Anything that “makes me feel good” has to be good. Only mean, intolerant, bigoted, racist haters would deny another person “happiness” and “pleasure” – including the “happiness” and “pleasure” that comes from copulating with children.
-Why can’t two siblings copulate? So long as they contracept and don’t produce a damaged child, what difference is there between two siblings and two non-siblings?
-Why can’t a man have sex with an animal? It’s all just the smacking together of flesh, whether between a man and a sheep or a man and his wife. If we can kill animals for their meat, why can’t we use them for sex?
-Why can’t a man have sex with a dead body? Sex has nothing to do with creating life. All it is is recreational friction. If a man wants to create masturbatory friction with a fresh corpse, who does that hurt? The corpse doesn’t feel anything.

Go find an orthodox heterosexual priest who believes in Jesus Christ, His Bride the Church, the Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist and everything the Church teaches without exception, and learn your faith. Then sacramentally confess your lukewarmness, any damage you may have done to other people in advocating, condoning or even just being apathetic to homosexual behavior and confess the sin of omission of NOT speaking out for the Truth and for actively cooperating with and advancing evil.

If you feel no compulsion to do this, please spend five minutes thinking about what the first ten seconds in hell would feel like. Think about the initial confusion, the moment of comprehension of being in hell, and then the sick realization that it will never, ever end, and the realization that you had Heaven – literally in your hand, in your mouth, in your body and soul, and that you willfully chose to reject Him so that you could “fit in” to the world for a few fleeting decades and have lots of friends on Facebook.

Ann

(Why do I have to explain this stuff? Priests? Hello? What the hell are you scared of? What the hell are you waiting for?)

----------------------------------------------------

I don't have TV, but I have seen on the internet two things that have happened on TV within the last week that terrify me. TV is now the direct analogue to the Roman "games" and "circuses". If you are watching TV, or financially supporting it in any way by paying for cable or satellite feeds, you are now no better than the drooling throngs of Romans.

The first thing I saw was Chastity Bono appearing on "Dancing With The Stars". Chastity Bono is Sonny & Cher's daughter who is claiming to be a member of the non-existent category "trans-sexual". She has mutilated her body and is taking male hormones in order to "appear" male.

Chastity Bono was sexually abused as a child by her lesbian pedophile nanny for years. She has spoken and written about this openly. This sexual abuse was what caused Chastity Bono to develop serious psychosexual disorders. When lesbianism didn't "cure" her psychological problems, she sunk deeper into mental illness and began this process of self-mutilation. And this won't "cure" her either.

My question to you is: ARE YOU ENTERTAINED? By watching and/or passively supporting this monstrous usury of Chastity Bono's childhood trauma and resulting mental illness ARE YOU SUFFICIENTLY ENTERTAINED? Or will you be needing more?

Fast-forward to the four-minute mark of this video and behold a sweet, precious, smart, super-cute little girl who would lose her innocence just a few short years later. This is whose torture and pain you are watching for your evening entertainment:

Cher and Chastity Bono - Cher Show.mpg

The second thing that happened was on one of the so-called "talent shows" called "X-Factor". A woman with obvious dementia and mental illness named Ceri Rees was paraded on national - nay, global television and mocked when she tried to sing. For SEVEN AND A HALF MINUTES. Well, ARE YOU ENTERTAINED? Does relishing in the humiliation of the mentally ill ENTERTAIN YOU? Are you so addicted to sports that you simply MUST continue to provide financial support to the godless carnival barkers who pump this filth into society? The tyranny of the media could be broken tomorrow if every God-fearing Christian with any conscience whatsoever in this country dumped their cable or satellite feeds tomorrow. But I'm not holding my breath. There are lots of talkers and cheerleaders, but damn few who are willing to actually do anything. If you won't even give up TV, we all know that you will never, ever fight if it comes to that.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Hell, TV, society and us
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 02:54:23 PM »
I did not know that about Chastity Bono.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 05:16:48 PM »

I knew but had trouble working up any concern.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 05:56:39 PM »

[blockquote]
I don't have TV, but I have seen on the internet two things that have happened on TV within the last week that terrify me.  TV is now the direct analogue to the Roman "games" and "circuses".

The first thing I saw was Chastity Bono appearing on "Dancing With The Stars". Chastity Bono is Sonny & Cher's daughter who is claiming to be a member of the non-existent category "trans-sexual". She has mutilated her body and is taking male hormones in order to "appear" male.

My question to you is: ARE YOU ENTERTAINED? By watching and/or passively supporting this monstrous usury of Chastity Bono's childhood trauma and resulting mental illness ARE YOU SUFFICIENTLY ENTERTAINED? Or will you be needing more?

The second thing that happened was on one of the so-called "talent shows" called "X-Factor". A woman with obvious dementia and mental illness named Ceri Rees was paraded on national - nay, global television and mocked when she tried to sing. For SEVEN AND A HALF MINUTES. Well, ARE YOU ENTERTAINED? Does relishing in the humiliation of the mentally ill ENTERTAIN YOU? Are you so addicted to sports that you simply MUST continue to provide financial support to the godless carnival barkers who pump this filth into society? The tyranny of the media could be broken tomorrow if every God-fearing Christian with any conscience whatsoever in this country dumped their cable or satellite feeds tomorrow.
[/blockquote]

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 07:06:59 PM »
I don't watch Dancing With the Stars because they're not dancing, they're barely clad, and what they are supposed to be doing is not done to the proper music. I don't watch any of the other "reality" shows because there is nothing real about them and extra emotional drama is what I'm bent on avoiding in my life.  Never got into "soaps" either.

In general, Ann is right; TV is a vast, cultural wasteland with some rare, very rare, exceptions.  As are "films".  Which is why I don't go to the movies, other than I'm too small to be comfortable in seats designed for average sized persons.

And IDP are not going to talk about our little fascinations with the trainwreck lives of those on "Hoarders".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Janny

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 11:22:10 PM »

I recall reading about it several years ago, after Chastity "came out" as a lesbian. Cher did not take it too well at first, and seeing her hypocrisy in dumping on people for being appalled by "Chaz" irritates me.

I feel sorry for Chastity. She mustn't have had an easy time of it in her childhood, and she is clearly mentally ill.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 11:27:17 PM »

I recall reading about it several years ago, after Chastity "came out" as a lesbian. Cher did not take it too well at first, and seeing her hypocrisy in dumping on people for being appalled by "Chaz" irritates me.

I feel sorry for Chastity. She mustn't have had an easy time of it in her childhood, and she is clearly mentally ill.

I feel sorry for the girl that she was.  It can't have been an easy childhood, as you wrote, nor trying to measure up to her mother's image either.  I find it interesting, and not in a good way, that both of Cher's children are homosexuals.

Offline Janny

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 11:47:26 PM »

I feel sorry for the girl that she was.  It can't have been an easy childhood, as you wrote, nor trying to measure up to her mother's image either.  I find it interesting, and not in a good way, that both of Cher's children are homosexuals.

The son is, too? I didn't know that. Wow....

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 12:20:19 AM »

The son is, too? I didn't know that. Wow....

Seeing as how I just repeated what I'd long ago heard, I went looking for confirmation of that little factoid, of which I found NONE.  So, until I see otherwise, I'd have to say I was wrong; Elijah Blue Allman is not gay, but, judging from his photo, he is ALL his father's son.  No Cher in that face that I could identify.

Offline Janny

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 12:23:40 AM »
Okay, I did a quick search, too and nothing but a couple of rumor sources. Heaven only knows if he's gay, but he's definitely had drug problems like his daddy. And yeah, he looks nothing like Cher.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 06:50:14 AM »
Ann Barnhardt hits another one out of the park!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »

Posted by Ann Barnhardt -

You also fail to acknowledge how just in our lifetime the acceptance of homosexuality has destroyed marriage and our entire culture.

Actress Leisha Hailey and her girlfriend were kicked off a Southwest Airlines flight for making out.

Hollywood

"I have been discriminated against by @SouthwestAir," she tweeted. "Flt. attendant said that it was a 'family' airline and kissing was not ok."

"This is an outrage," she added. "I demand a public apology by @SouthwestAir and a refund. Hate is not a family value. I will never fly this airline."

The goal is not tolerance, the goal is acceptance as normal.  It's all relative isn't it?

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 11:13:07 AM »

You also fail to acknowledge how just in our lifetime the acceptance of homosexuality has destroyed marriage and our entire culture.

Actress Leisha Hailey and her girlfriend were kicked off a Southwest Airlines flight for making out.

Hollywood

"I have been discriminated against by @SouthwestAir," she tweeted. "Flt. attendant said that it was a 'family' airline and kissing was not ok."

"This is an outrage," she added. "I demand a public apology by @SouthwestAir and a refund. Hate is not a family value. I will never fly this airline."

The goal is not tolerance, the goal is acceptance as normal.  It's all relative isn't it?

Their militant deviancy will never be accepted, especially when forced, so tough sh*t Leisha!

Better tighten that Leisha...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 12:08:14 PM »

Hollywood

Seems that way to some; reality is not relative, though, and they'll find out soon enough.

Occurs to me that lately I have no idea how to pronounce many of the names I see; the old rules of phonics seem to not apply.  Leisha?  Is that Leeesha?  Lisha?  Is she Black?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »

It doesn't matter, evil comes in all colors.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 02:35:19 PM »

Hollywood

Seems that way to some; reality is not relative, though, and they'll find out soon enough.

Occurs to me that lately I have no idea how to pronounce many of the names I see; the old rules of phonics seem to not apply.  Leisha?  Is that Leeesha?  Lisha?  Is she Black?

I'd say Leeesha otherwise my joke fails even more than it already has.  And no, she is white.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisha_Hailey

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 02:52:25 PM »
You made a joke?

::exitstageleft::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 07:36:24 PM »
They know damn well that a man and a woman "making out" would be kicked off the plane too.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 08:33:54 PM »

I have never seen anybody kissing on an airplane.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 06:41:50 AM »