Author Topic: SCOTUS 2012: The Grand Finale  (Read 50175 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: SCOTUS 2012: The Grand Finale
« Reply #420 on: July 03, 2012, 01:15:38 PM »
Exactly. The Western liberal has to be the most clueless creature on Earth. Full of bravado they agitate for Marxism here, without even the slightest idea of what it is really like when put into practice. I guess that comes from the arrogance of assuming they will of course be part of the elite who get to manage others' lives, rather than being one of those others and having their own lives managed. I've heard it said before that a smart man learns from his mistakes and a wise man learns from others' mistakes. These idiots are certainly not wise. The Western liberal is too lazy for what he claims to desire. In the USSR if your ass didn't work, your ass didn't eat. And "work" might mean digging a railroad bed through a thousand miles of wilderness with nothing but hand tools.

I can't believe we have allowed a bunch of infantile malcontents to bring our country to the point of destruction, all because they're banging their spoon against their highchair in a temper tantrum.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #421 on: July 03, 2012, 06:07:02 PM »
It all started with control of education systems. Our side vacated and they filled the vacuum with their mindless drivel. ::rockets:: ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #422 on: July 04, 2012, 03:10:04 PM »
One might make a case to get them before they get us.   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #423 on: July 04, 2012, 03:13:47 PM »
We need to come up with our own counterpart to Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.  There are certain axioms about Leftists that can be used to our advantage.  One of my personal ones is this -- "Leftists are incapable of resisting any opportunity to lord their perceived intellectual superiority over others. Use this to your advantage."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #424 on: July 05, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »
Like trapping dumb animals...set the bait in the trap, spring the trap, kill the dumb animal.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #425 on: July 05, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »
Speaking of trapping dumb animals, look what the Dem's got cooking for the American people -

“There’s already 13,000 pages of regulations, and they’re not even done yet,”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/07/lawyers-have-already-drafted-13000-pages-of-regulations-for-new-obamatax-law/

Motherf**ker Roberts!

I'm gonna need a round for every reg!

::gaah::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #426 on: July 05, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »
Speaking of trapping dumb animals, look what the Dem's got cooking for the American people -

“There’s already 13,000 pages of regulations, and they’re not even done yet,”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/07/lawyers-have-already-drafted-13000-pages-of-regulations-for-new-obamatax-law/

Motherf**ker Roberts!

I'm gonna need a round for every reg!

::gaah::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::

I can't bear the thought.  It fills me with despair ...
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #427 on: July 05, 2012, 03:05:42 PM »
What he did goes beyond mistake. It is straight up treasonous. His obligation was to "call balls and strikes" -- as he himself promised at his confirmation hearing -- but to do so using the Constitution as home plate. Instead he used the editorial pages of the New York Times and Washington Post. He just needs to be the chief lamppost bender.

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #428 on: July 06, 2012, 05:02:43 PM »

http://influencealley.nationaljournal.com/2012/07/rules-committee-to-hold-emerge.php

Rules Committee to Hold 'Emergency' Meeting Monday on Health Care Repeal

I'd feel more comfortable if weren't that whining Cantor.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #429 on: July 06, 2012, 10:35:16 PM »

http://influencealley.nationaljournal.com/2012/07/rules-committee-to-hold-emerge.php

Rules Committee to Hold 'Emergency' Meeting Monday on Health Care Repeal

I'd feel more comfortable if weren't that whining Cantor.

As would I.  He -- they -- have had months to stick this on every friggin bill we were told HAD to be passed.  Did they?

The big clue here is they ARE highly susceptible to pressure from we hoi polloi, so we need to POUR IT ON and don't stop until it's repealed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #430 on: July 07, 2012, 11:25:14 AM »
No is the answer to your question Pan. As I stated previously the only way other than as Weisshaupt puts it storming DC with 2 million armed men and women is a concerted effort to put 2 million protesters consistently for two months before these assholes will get the message.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #431 on: July 07, 2012, 12:58:44 PM »
LINK

The Supreme Court's decision to uphold most of President Barack Obama's health care law will come home to roost for most taxpayers in about 2 1/2 years, when they'll have to start providing proof on their tax returns that they have health insurance.

The penalty will be fully phased in by 2016, when it will be $695 for each uninsured adult or 2.5 percent of family income, whichever is greater, up to $12,500. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that 4 million people will pay the penalty that year.

The law, however, severely limits the ability of the IRS to collect the penalties. There are no civil or criminal penalties for refusing to pay it and the IRS cannot seize bank accounts or dock wages to collect it. No interest accumulates for unpaid penalties.

So how can the IRS enforce the mandate? Scary letters and threats to withhold tax refunds.

Mark me down as 'non-compliant' tyvm!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2012, 08:06:08 PM »
Might as well open up some more old wounds...

Still pissed Mytch caved so easy in the Senate when this came down...not one Senator willing to fillibuster this abomination.

Yup, giving up is just so much easier to do.

::gaah::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #433 on: July 08, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »

Still pissed Mytch caved so easy in the Senate when this came down...not one Senator willing to fillibuster this abomination.

"This is not the hill to die on", ad infinitum ad nauseam.

We are really starting to pay the price for Republican fecklessness of years past. One of their biggest problems is that they don't understand big government has a built-in tendency to drift leftward. You can't take the reigns of big government and expect all that apparatus to now be ours. The only, only way to have conservative government is to have less government. Full stop.

They don't get that, and that's why we never see any substantial pushback even when the political tides turn in our favor. The best they can ever do is maintain Leviathan's current hulking mass, until it inevitably starts growing again once the liberals are back in office. Rinse, repeat.

The other explanation is that actually they do understand all this, it's just that they want the apparatus of big government just as much as the libs. Take your pick. Whether it's incompetence or treachery, the outcome is pretty much the same.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #434 on: July 09, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »

"This is not the hill to die on", ad infinitum ad nauseam.

We are really starting to pay the price for Republican fecklessness of years past. One of their biggest problems is that they don't understand big government has a built-in tendency to drift leftward. You can't take the reigns of big government and expect all that apparatus to now be ours. The only, only way to have conservative government is to have less government. Full stop.

They don't get that, and that's why we never see any substantial pushback even when the political tides turn in our favor. The best they can ever do is maintain Leviathan's current hulking mass, until it inevitably starts growing again once the liberals are back in office. Rinse, repeat.

The other explanation is that actually they do understand all this, it's just that they want the apparatus of big government just as much as the libs. Take your pick. Whether it's incompetence or treachery, the outcome is pretty much the same.

Yup, and when someone comes along who wants to start starving the beast and reintroduce some sanity they are ignored, belittled and stabbed in the back by the RINOcrats!

And yet thusfar people seem more interested in rewarding insanity, thinking "yeah, this time" we'll fix everything and the RINOcrat plea of "trust us" always precedes the knife in the back...

There are words for people like this, and they are not flattering!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #435 on: July 09, 2012, 12:10:07 PM »

Some say Rome's devolution was caused by lead poisoning induced
insanity; they used lead for plumbing and utensils.   What will they
say caused our insanity?

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #436 on: July 09, 2012, 12:29:02 PM »

say caused our insanity?

I'm sure the hysterics will blame GW Bush and they wouldn't be that far off when you look at the accomplishments.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #437 on: July 09, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »

say caused our insanity?

I'm sure the hysterics will blame GW Bush and they wouldn't be that far off when you look at the accomplishments.

I'll have to go with plain ol' stupidity. Stems from the academic brainwashing.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #438 on: July 09, 2012, 07:30:04 PM »

say caused our insanity?

I'll have to go with plain ol' stupidity. Stems from the academic brainwashing.

Liberalism and the never-ending pursuit of dimsantling everything that made us great and everything that made us individuals with rights to person and property and the envy of the world.

Look at the destruction -

Doctors starting to rebel en masse, 83% say they are considering ending their practices.  Makes way for the dumbest of the dumb to provide our care and bureacrats to manage it!

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/09/report-83-percent-of-doctors-have-considered-quitting-over-obamacare/

Nothing buut high cost, low qaulity, longer waits and people dying by the score before the Death Panels can even get to them!  I can see notices of services denied mailed out to survivors months even years after the person concerned has long since shed their mortal shell!

::cussing::

If this isn't repealed pronto it spells disaster for quality healthcare and disaster for the economy and long-term viability of the nation.

House Rules Committee has debate scheduled for 5 hours, I find this interesting -

"Earlier today, the independent congressional budget office said officials would not know how the Supreme Court's ruling would affect government's spending for two more weeks. Democrats seized on the news, arguing that repeal could end up costing the government money, a point Republicans have so far failed to address in the committee meeting."
http://influencealley.nationaljournal.com/2012/07/rules-committee-previews-healt.php

First off, how could CBO if it were honest not reflect massive explosions in cost?  Their numbers will prove once and for all the worth of that office or lack thereof.

Second, piss on your cost of repeal, not repealling is 1,000,000 times more costly, idiots!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #439 on: July 10, 2012, 04:51:21 AM »
Alan S; Well, they are after all a product of Washington and their only product is bureaucratic nonsense. ::laserkill::