Author Topic: SCOTUS 2012: The Grand Finale  (Read 50083 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Obama Regime Skipping 11th, Wants to Take ObamaCare Case to Supreme's
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2011, 10:52:27 AM »
Hey BMG, another article on this exchange issue...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-obama-seeks-to-circumvent-congress-to-fix-obamacare-glitch/

We have to shut down this fricken end-around congress right now!  Letter to Bachmann going out too sweet!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2011, 01:25:04 PM »
Hey BMG, another article on this exchange issue...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-obama-seeks-to-circumvent-congress-to-fix-obamacare-glitch/

We have to shut down this fricken end-around congress right now!  Letter to Bachmann going out too sweet!

He can try another end-run around Congress, but he'll be giving the USSC more ammunition, imo; I don't believe for a second they've failed to notice his usurpation of Congress' authority, nor have Alito and Roberts forgotten the unprecedented attack he made on the Court during his State of the Union address in an attempt to undermine their authority.  Payback is a btch.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2011, 01:28:40 PM »
Yeah?  What about the question mark?

Which way will that wishy-washy clown jump, with or without the end run attempt?!

::saywhat::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2011, 01:38:17 PM »
Yeah?  What about the question mark?

Which way will that wishy-washy clown jump, with or without the end run attempt?!

No telling, but the threat Duh Wun presents to the authority of the Court will adversely affect him as well.  I'll not discount that as a reason for even Justice Question Mark to stand with the conservatives, if for no other purpose than to slap Obama in the face.  Fear and vanity -- not the best reasons, but I'll take 'em.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »
We have to shut down this fricken end-around congress right now!

Truer words have never been spoken Libertas!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2011, 10:58:24 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/nov/18/leading-senators-kagan-may-have-recuse-herself-hea/

Top Republican senators said late Friday the Justice Department has been stonewalling their request for more information on Supreme CourtJustice Elena Kagan, and said her previous work as solicitor general “may satisfy both requirements for recusal” from the upcoming health-care case.

The senators, led by Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, are demanding Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. comply with requests for more documents about Justice Kagan’s role in planning the administration’s defense, and said unless he provides the information it could undermine confidence in the court’s eventual ruling on the case.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 08:07:04 PM »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »
I for one have had enough of the question of fundamental liberties coming down to the opinions of single, unelected jurists. That is not how it's supposed to work.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2011, 09:21:54 AM »
No.  That's not how it's supposed to work.  The partial list that is the Bill of Rights was intended to be put entirely off-limits and inviolate for all except in the case of a conflict between or among them, not a conflict between any of them and the "interest of the State".

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2011, 03:11:37 PM »
Supreme Court sets dates for hearing arguments:

The Supreme Court will begin on March 26 with one hour of arguments on whether it can reach a decision on the health law before 2014. There is a possibility that a separate federal law prevents the courts from ruling until the law’s individual mandate has taken effect.

On March 27, the justices will hear two hours of arguments on the core question of whether the mandate is unconstitutional.

And on March 28, the court will hear arguments on two issues: how much, if any, of the law’s other provisions can be upheld if the mandate is unconstitutional; and whether the health law’s Medicaid expansion is constitutional.

HotAir

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2011, 07:15:49 AM »
What a load of BS!  They have a passed bill to rule on, screw trigger dates for specific actions, you wait till then the beast will be harder to kill!

Kill the bastard NOW!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2012, 07:24:52 AM »
Hopefully when the Supreme's take this issue up, they remember what this sonofabitch said!

"Newly appointed White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew appeared on five news programs Sunday and made stunning statements during at least three of his appearances. In addition to making misleading remarks on NBC and CNN in regards to the law regarding filibustering a budget vote, despite once being the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, Lew also claimed that the Affordable Care Act (a.k.a. ObamaCare) gives the President the authority to tell a private company that they have to offer a product and offer it for free."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/wh-chief-of-staff-obamacare-allows-the-president-to-tell-a-private-company-they-have-to-offer-a-product-and-offer-it-for-free/

::outrage::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2012, 08:00:14 AM »
Please stand for the dictator of these united states, Barack Obama.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2012, 08:09:14 AM »
Umm, you mean "stomp on", right?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2012, 08:17:30 AM »

You read between the lines I see.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2012, 08:21:25 AM »

You read between the lines I see.

I do that often.   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2012, 12:38:01 PM »
Testifying before Congress this morning, President Obama's acting budget director Jeffrey Zients directly undercut one of the administration's key legal defenses of its national health care law as it nears a hearing before the Supreme Court.

In a hearing of the House Budget Committee Rep. Scott Garrett, R-N.J., pressed Zients on whether the penalty that the health care law imposes on individuals who do not purchase health insurance constitutes a tax. Eventually, Zients said it did not.

But this directly contradicts one of the arguments the Obama administration is making before the Supreme Court in defense of the health care law, which is that the mandate is Constitutional because it's a tax and government has taxing power.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/omb-director-undercuts-legal-case-obamacare/376561

Oops!  Can't walk that one back fast enough eh?  Or this poor bastard will be looking for a new job!

Sure would be nice if those idiots on SCOTUS (they know who they are!) pays attention to this!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2012, 08:42:07 AM »
Now Sebleius admits the ObamaCare tax is not a tax!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/it-is-not-per-se-a-tax-sebelius-contradicts-administrations-legal-defense-of-obamacare/

The Supreme's have to kill this!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2012, 03:43:18 PM »
Here's one for you via WND http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/supremes-refuse-to-listen-to-kagan-arguments/

Kagan refuses to recuse herself when evidence of bias or partiality exists proof positive.

regrettably, this decision comes as no surprise,” the announcement from Freedom Watch said. “Chief Justice Roberts recently commented in the Supreme Court’s annual report that its justices do not have to adhere to the rules of judicial ethics that apply to other federal judges, essentially stating that they are above the law. … It is Freedom Watch’s hope that the Supreme Court will sober up and realize that the integrity of the court must be beyond reproach.

I ask all of you are we screwed yet? Is the experiment of self government over? These elitist jerks cannot fathom a large revolt with the people specifically targeting their lives.

There is no justice for any of us just them. I cannot even say I'm surprised by this considering so many refuse to see the constitution as a guide in jurisprudence.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:46:33 PM by warpmine »
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
OK, if The Regime wants this, does this signal a fix is in?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/64475.html

They got compromising picks of Kennedy or what?!

On a related note, maybe the defections from and dissatisfaction of doctors in the AMA and with ObamaCare can be spun as a positive...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2011/09/26/doctor-and-ama-split-over-contentious-issue-of-obamacare/

As much as I dislike the Lefties on the Court, I dont think that even they are crooked enough to be in cahoots with Obama to get some sort of "fix" in. The decision will go however it goes, whether it goes straight there or not.

The only thing I can think of is this: Obama may feel that if Obamacare loses and the Court throws it out, it will rally his base out of anger. So maybe he WANT the Court to rule against him in order to rally his base. He is pretty shrew that way. We see how he manipulated everybody on the Contraception fiasco: He started that ball rolling, and now it is all everyone talks about.