Author Topic: SCOTUS 2012: The Grand Finale  (Read 50420 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: SCOTUS 2012: The Grand Finale
« Reply #280 on: June 28, 2012, 12:39:56 PM »
I am henceforth referring to it as Robertscare.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #281 on: June 28, 2012, 12:40:11 PM »
if we take power this year we will need to start pushing for an amendment to ensure that this will never happen again.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/gop-governors-vow-to-ignore-obamacare/article/2500862
Republican governors are planning to ignore the Supreme Court's decision

Republican Governors Association said that nothing should be done by the states until after the election, a clear signal that they believe a GOP president, House and Senate will kill the health care reform

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2012/06/cantor-house-will-vote-on-repeal-week-of-july-127555.html
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) said Thursday that the Republican-led House will vote on repealing the health care law soon after the July 4 recess.

Cantor, who sets the floor schedule in the House, said in a statement that the House will vote on the repeal the week of July 9 – which Cantor said will clear the path for “patient-centered reforms that lower costs and increase choice.”  ::explodinghead::

No fool, just show us your manhood and repeal it.  Nobody's crying for something new we're crying for relief from your idiocy.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #282 on: June 28, 2012, 12:43:34 PM »
People have long accepted the idea of taxing as a way to compel behavior. 

The tax code is full of exceptions or deferments or credits etc...  these are often called loopholes but what they do is cause people/companies to change their behavior.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #283 on: June 28, 2012, 12:56:38 PM »
if we take power this year we will need to start pushing for an amendment to ensure that this will never happen again.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/gop-governors-vow-to-ignore-obamacare/article/2500862
Republican governors are planning to ignore the Supreme Court's decision

Republican Governors Association said that nothing should be done by the states until after the election, a clear signal that they believe a GOP president, House and Senate will kill the health care reform

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2012/06/cantor-house-will-vote-on-repeal-week-of-july-127555.html
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) said Thursday that the Republican-led House will vote on repealing the health care law soon after the July 4 recess.

Cantor, who sets the floor schedule in the House, said in a statement that the House will vote on the repeal the week of July 9 – which Cantor said will clear the path for “patient-centered reforms that lower costs and increase choice.”  ::explodinghead::

No fool, just show us your manhood and repeal it.  Nobody's crying for something new we're crying for relief from your idiocy.

AND THIS HORSE SHYT will be followed with a fund raising letter.Screw them repeal it first.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:19:55 PM by John Florida »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #284 on: June 28, 2012, 12:57:59 PM »
Alright so now it's a tax matter meaning budgetary which also says that a simple majority is needed. Am I correct in this assumption? ::whatgives::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #285 on: June 28, 2012, 01:16:10 PM »

Even if we got an Amendment passed, the court would ignore it as they just ignore the clear intent and text of the Constitution.
Our government has been overrun by Barbarians, and there is only one solution to that.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #286 on: June 28, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »
Alright so now it's a tax matter meaning budgetary which also says that a simple majority is needed. Am I correct in this assumption? ::whatgives::

Sounds correct.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #287 on: June 28, 2012, 01:24:27 PM »
There are side issues of concern that have passed as well.

The medical schools are mandated to accept more "minority" students regardless of aptitude or merit; these will be your future doctors.

There's the tax on medical devices.

There's the additional 3%+ tax on your house.

There's the Death Panel.

And there's probably more of which we're unaware - 2700 pages of it, that even Scalia wouldn't impose the reading of on himself or his staff.

On Tuesday, a radio-show caller from North Carolina was upset that his 63 year-old mother was denied a PETscan by Medicare, and the law is such that she cannot pay to have one with her own money.  I'm 58.  Will this sort of thing be de riguerre with insurance company policies written by the government?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #288 on: June 28, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »

Even if we got an Amendment passed, the court would ignore it as they just ignore the clear intent and text of the Constitution.
Our government has been overrun by Barbarians, and there is only one solution to that.
You got that war javelin ready?

Told you all I did. We'll never correct this peaceful means. ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #289 on: June 28, 2012, 01:26:25 PM »
Erick Erickson finds many silver linings, and I think there's merit to some of them...

No Merit that matters. The Court has affirmed that the Fed can compel you to buy things, eat your broccoli, or eat a sh*t sandwich or fine/tax you for your disobedience.  This is Harry Reid's "Paying taxes is voluntary" argument writ large.  After all you can always choose to not pay your taxes, and its not the courts job to protect you from going to jail if you fail to obey your masters.

Repeal won't matter now the that the Constitution says "the Fed can do whatever they want as long as they call it a tax or tax penalty"
The only way this gets reset is via blood. Its either that or accept our slavery.

Yea, "repeal obamacare" will become the new buzzword for republicans, as I believe many are giddy over the fact anyone can be courced  thru taxation.

And get ready for republicans to suger coat this turd by "recommending" a larger tax write off. You know, ease the pain. Nope, our constitution has become such a living breathing document that literally all goes.

Change the tax code? It won't matter. Flat tax? So what. The ultimate power thru taxation is here in all its glory, chris matthews is jerkin off right now and won't matter what the rates are, if you pay in or not or you don't earn a red cent.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2012, 01:29:13 PM »

Will this sort of thing be de riguerre with insurance company policies written by the government?

That's rhetorical, right?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #291 on: June 28, 2012, 01:30:15 PM »
Plus, the IRS no longer needs a warrant or a lien to access your bank accounts.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #292 on: June 28, 2012, 01:31:39 PM »

Elaboration please.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »

Oh chit....thanks. I can conduct my personal affairs without a checking or savings account, but not my business.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #294 on: June 28, 2012, 01:33:54 PM »
The old saying is when you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  Why bother going to work every day?  Why don't we all just become freeloaders ourselves?  Milk every government program you can.  Claim every conceivable credit, write off, and offset.  Become a burden to the system rather than an enabler.

Anyone been laid off recently?  Don't even bother looking for a job.  Milk that unemployment for every cent you can.  I mean how the hell else are we supposed to reign in this government?  Being the responsible ones has for damn sure accomplished nothing.

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #295 on: June 28, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »

Oh chit....thanks. I can conduct my personal affairs without a checking or savings account, but not my business.

I am not sure, but I believe a C-Corporation is exempt for that edict. Thanks to corporations being people, I don't think they can put a lien on your corporate accounts if the corporation keeps separate books.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #296 on: June 28, 2012, 01:39:06 PM »
Come on y'all, the words "can" and "cannot" are meaningless anymore.  There is no rule of law!  The government will do whatever it wants, law or no law.

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2012, 01:39:55 PM »

There's the Death Panel.

Who here wouldn't be affected by that?

My mother got a pacemaker 3 years ago.  She's in her 70's.

My youngest was a preemie.  No one among the med staff thought she'd survive birth and if she did she's be handicapped.  One doc even said something to effect that I already had *3* kids......

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »

I am not sure, but I believe a C-Corporation is exempt for that edict. Thanks to corporations being people, I don't think they can put a lien on your corporate accounts if the corporation keeps separate books.

Right now, I'm an LLC.....and hell, it may be exempt today but maybe not tomorrow.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #299 on: June 28, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »

There's the Death Panel.

Who here wouldn't be affected by that?

My mother got a pacemaker 3 years ago.  She's in her 70's.

My youngest was a preemie.  No one among the med staff thought she'd survive birth and if she did she's be handicapped.  One doc even said something to effect that I already had *3* kids......

Did you slap the taste right out of his mouth?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie