Author Topic: It Begins: Suspend Elections, Let's  (Read 3263 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
It Begins: Suspend Elections, Let's
« on: September 27, 2011, 03:58:13 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/27/nc-governor-recommends-suspending-democracy-to-focus-on-jobs/

Imagine if George Bush suggested this.  Dick Cheney.  Hell, imagine if a Republican dog catcher suggested this, all Republicans would be painted with that brush.

Just this dingbat suggesting this should be an impeachable offense.  So what are you going to do, NC Republicans?

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: It begins
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »
Sure, why not? Getchyer full-on totalitarian fix. C'mon Barry. You know you want to.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »
Didn't you read the N&O's headline title?  It was a joke!  What's wrong with you, Hawk?  Lighten up, Francis.

'Course Perdue's office characterizes it as hyperbole, so, no diff, right?

Nothing to be done, besides, Dancing With The Stars is on.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 04:23:35 PM »
Silly me.  Of course.

"You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things. I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that. The one good thing about Raleigh is that for so many years we worked across party lines. It's a little bit more contentious now but it's not impossible to try to do what's right in this state. You want people who don't worry about the next election."

It obvious.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 04:47:36 PM »
Yeah, the News & Dissembler article says it was unclear if she was serious, yet they take it upon themselves to go ahead and answer for us in their headline.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 05:33:50 PM »
Lock and Load! ::rockets:: ::laserkill:: ::rockets::

Semper Fi
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 05:52:31 PM »
Out of the heart the tongue speaks.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

Suspend elections, Let's
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 06:14:27 PM »

N.C. Gov. Beverly  Perdue thinks elections for Representatives should be suspended until Obama has secured America.  She says they have much more important things to do.  Hey Beverly, that's what your cousin and fellow traveler Hugo said.  Maybe we should suspend all elections until y'all get it right.   Maybe we should suspend all elections until y'all get it, right? 

(New Observer) - “I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that,” Perdue said. “You want people who don’t worry about the next election.”
“You want people who don’t worry about the next election.”

"The American people can't afford the luxury of waiting that long."
                                                                                             President Barack Obama

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Suspend elections, Let's
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 06:45:17 PM »
And there will be people that rather than throwing her out on her ear, will discuss this suggestions as if it has merit!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 07:15:47 PM »
Thisa bitch has lost her damned mind.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »

Understatement.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 08:05:40 PM »

Understatement.

I know but if I say what I want to I'll get banned. ::angry::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 08:18:02 PM »

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: It Begins: Suspend Elections, Let's
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 09:32:41 PM »
Topics merged.

I don't get this, unless ........

She's already stuck with a Republican legislature -- first time in a very long time.  Unless, she's afraid their majority will only grow.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 10:34:17 PM »

Her concept of a Democratic Republic scary enough to cause all but the most ardent monarchist to vote Republican.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 10:37:12 PM »

Her concept of a Democratic Republic scary enough to cause all but the most ardent monarchist to vote Republican.

Too bad for her too; she's up for re-election.  Motive?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 10:59:11 PM »
This is a variation on their talking point, notably peddled by Thomas Friedman, about how much better China is because they can just "do" things without all that meddlesome checks-and-balances and separation-of-powers and nonsense. Remember, "China for a day" and all that crap? Then there's all the effusive praise for the great work done by Chavez and Castro. The Left likes a strongman personality cult.

- Yours Truly

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 06:27:06 AM »
My prediction:

The Feds are gonna do a Mike Easley on her considerable ass. What is it about Dems and airplanes?

"Whoa there big fella, you mean taking a free airplane ride to a political rally is a "contribution." Oh my!"

Don't believe me? Shame, shame:

http://themountaineer.villagesoup.com/column/columnpost/perdue-campaign-investigation-muddies-2012-waters/162973
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 07:09:21 AM »
It could be if she goes down in flames she feels she has nothing to lose.  But that just reinforces G's point which I think is spot on.  All leftists have a enormous totalitarian gene in their DNA, stating their true hearts desire in a rare moment of honesty must have been quite therapeutic for Beverly, and it provides us a glimpse into their cold black soul.

Part of me dares them to push this meme more, it can only fuel the flames of their own destruction.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 07:39:35 AM »
Didn't you read the N&O's headline title?  It was a joke!  What's wrong with you, Hawk?  Lighten up, Francis.

That explains why Glenn Beck's blackboard was in tears last night...  ::hysterical:: ::laughonfloor:: ::rolllaughing::

::thinking::

:'(