Author Topic: It Begins: Suspend Elections, Let's  (Read 3261 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: It Begins: Suspend Elections, Let's
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 11:16:01 AM »
Perdue et al have to be cringing -- there almost isn't a talk-show host that hasn't led off with this since yesterday.  And Rush just played the audio.

The shot in the foot heard 'round the world.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
Perdue et al have to be cringing -- there almost isn't a talk-show host that hasn't led off with this since yesterday.  And Rush just played the audio.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/graphics/footshot3.jpg[/img]

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:19:59 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 11:47:03 AM »
Perdue et al have to be cringing -- there almost isn't a talk-show host that hasn't led off with this since yesterday.  And Rush just played the audio.

Hopefully our aim is higher...

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 12:02:40 PM »
[more]

Democrat Governor Calls for Suspending Elections

Filed under Government

"File this in the random-things-politicians-say file. Speaking to a Cary Rotary Club today, N.C. Gov. Bev Perdue suggested suspending Congressional elections for two years so that Congress can focus on economic recovery and not the next election.

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that,” Perdue said. “You want people who don’t worry about the next election.”

The comment — which came during a discussion of the economy — perked more than a few ears. It’s unclear whether Perdue, a Democrat, is serious — but her tone was level and she asked others to support her on the idea.

Perdue’s full statement:

“You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things. I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that. The one good thing about Raleigh is that for so many years we worked across party lines. It’s a little bit more contentious now but it’s not impossible to try to do what’s right in this state. You want people who don’t worry about the next election.”
Read more:

http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/perdue_suggests_suspending_congressional_elections_for_two_years_was_she_serious#ixzz1ZFIYxklt

[/b]Post Continues on projects.newsobserver.com

ONLY one thing comes to mind! Impeach the Bitch! ::cool::
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:06:34 PM by jpatrickham »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 12:17:42 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/28/new-audio-nc-governor-struck-serious-tone-on-suspending-congressional-elections/

The Chavez wannabe sure sounds like she's bringing the house down, in that audio. 

Not.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 12:30:04 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/28/new-audio-nc-governor-struck-serious-tone-on-suspending-congressional-elections/

The Chavez wannabe sure sounds like she's bringing the house down, in that audio. 

Not.

I guess as long as "Some Of The People" say you are doing a good job, then that is all that matters. NOT!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 03:38:45 PM »
Her election was entirely the product of the media madness surrounding the "historic presidency" of Chairman Zero. The mindless O-bots went to the polls to vote for him, and while there just punched the 'D' ticket straight down the line.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 04:06:29 PM »
Why don't we keep the elections and suspend the campaigning?

Might I suggest her man Barack go first?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 04:34:22 PM »
Her election was entirely the product of the media madness surrounding the "historic presidency" of Chairman Zero. The mindless O-bots went to the polls to vote for him, and while there just punched the 'D' ticket straight down the line.

Wasn't she Florence Henderson from "The Brady Bunch" in another life? ::confused::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »
It occurs to me that for someone to utter something like this in public, it must be something that they are comfortable with. One becomes comfortable with discussing the audacious in public when one has "worked out the kinks" by discussing it in private.

Surely this isn't the first time this commie skank has tread down the "let's go full-on tyrant" path. She brought into her public appearance among a supportive audience a topic she has discussed with her inner circle and confidants many times before.

They'll try to pass this off as fringe thinking. Something to ignore as unworthy of discussion. But this is mainstream Leftist thinking. Mainstream Democrat party thinking. Representative government has become an inconvenient impediment to the aspirations of the Left.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 06:57:44 PM »
So what is her expiration date and who do the pubbies (or better yet - the TEA Party!) have lined up to campaign against her?

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
It occurs to me that for someone to utter something like this in public, it must be something that they are comfortable with. One becomes comfortable with discussing the audacious in public when one has "worked out the kinks" by discussing it in private.

Surely this isn't the first time this commie skank has tread down the "let's go full-on tyrant" path. She brought into her public appearance among a supportive audience a topic she has discussed with her inner circle and confidants many times before.

They'll try to pass this off as fringe thinking. Something to ignore as unworthy of discussion. But this is mainstream Leftist thinking. Mainstream Democrat party thinking. Representative government has become an inconvenient impediment to the aspirations of the Left.

Maybe.  Or else she could just be a dingbat.  I haven't ruled that out yet.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 07:18:18 PM »

Ask Pan it's her governor.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 07:22:14 PM »

Hehe. Way to knock my in-depth analysis back down to earth Rickl!  ::unknowncomic::  ::beertoast::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 07:27:38 PM »

Isn't she the one with odd concepts on how citizens will conduct themselves in emergency situations?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 08:36:56 PM »

Isn't she the one with odd concepts on how citizens will conduct themselves in emergency situations?

Yup,like suspending CC permits in an emergency.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2011, 07:24:33 AM »
Beverly should be impeached.  NC statutes are comply with the Federal model, it could be good practice for the larger one in DC and might provide the impetus to proceed should NC prove successful!

Also, shouldn't it be a no-brainer for everyone to attack the Left en masse for being the little "d" democrats they truly are?  Actually, they a re all big "D" Dictators at heart...having to have their enlightened leadership questioned by common people never sits well with them!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2011, 09:00:15 AM »
Beck hammered on this on his show this morning. He elicited reaction from NC listeners and (after a bit) got some replies. More fertile ground that the pubbies decline to cultivate.

I do notice that the good little dhimmis from NC won't go anywhere near this issue.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2011, 09:36:50 AM »
Beverly should be impeached....

I would think that expressing opposition to the very underpinnings of representative government in a public forum would be enough. She has basically said that she does not believe her job can be done within the system that placed her in the role. She should be fired.

What if a CEO walked into an annual shareholder's meeting and said, "The Board of Directors is impeding my ability to do my job, and you people keep electing them. I think we should bypass BoD elections this year"? That CEO would be fired.

NC has a GOP majority in both houses of the legislature for the first time in forever. Make a statement. Begin impeachment proceedings, and draw attention to this petulant Leftist who would undermine democracy.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2011, 12:40:54 PM »
Beverly should be impeached....

I would think that expressing opposition to the very underpinnings of representative government in a public forum would be enough. She has basically said that she does not believe her job can be done within the system that placed her in the role. She should be fired.

What if a CEO walked into an annual shareholder's meeting and said, "The Board of Directors is impeding my ability to do my job, and you people keep electing them. I think we should bypass BoD elections this year"? That CEO would be fired.

NC has a GOP majority in both houses of the legislature for the first time in forever. Make a statement. Begin impeachment proceedings, and draw attention to this petulant Leftist who would undermine democracy.

Hell yes!

::hat-tip::

::clapping::