Author Topic: Planned Parenthood investigation  (Read 862 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Planned Parenthood investigation
« on: September 28, 2011, 07:30:15 AM »
Rep. Cliff Stearns, R-Ocala, is moving forward with his plans to launch an investigation of Planned Parenthood, a national chain of women’s health clinics.

Stearns mentioned back in July that such an investigation was possible, after the release a report arguing that lawmakers should defund Planned Parenthood. The report was written by Americans United for Life, an anti-abortion group. As The American Independent reported, Americans United called upon Congress to hold an investigation looking into Planned Parenthood’s finances and practices. While Planned Parenthood has called the report false and “ideologically driven,” Stearns did not rule out launching an investigation.

...as if PP wasn't idealogically driven

Don't you like how they're described as a national chain of women's health clinics? 

http://floridaindependent.com/49373/cliff-stearns-planned-parenthood
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Planned Parenthood investigation
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 07:34:06 AM »
Yeah, I guess a national chain of abortion providers just doesn't sound so exalted...

::)

Make my day Cliff, go for their throat and don't let go!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:42:34 AM »
There needs to be truth in advertising:  Planned Abortionhood.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:03:41 AM »

I like that word choice-hadn't heard that before.  It's always annoys on me to hear planned parenthood as if they even know what parenthood is!

Yeah, I guess a national chain of abortion providers just doesn't sound so exalted...

If they sssooooooo believe in choice why hide it?  Heard some spokeswoman on radio going on about their wonderful services and nary a mention of abortion.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:14:36 AM »
Evidence shows that when a girl or woman has access to an ultrasound, and can see the child developing in her womb, the possibility that she will abandon her abortion plans and give birth to her child increases greatly.

We hear from PP and their Democrat benefactors all the time about how abortion should be an available "choice", but we hear from those same people that reducing the number of abortions is somehow a nebulous, vaguely defined virtue. The fact that these people fight tooth-and-nail to squirm out of mandatory ultrasound technology in the abortion clinics proves their lie. They seek to kill as many children as possible.

Abortion funds the symbiotic relationship between the cultural Left and its political lords. Planned Parenthood kills children for money. Planned parenthood sends money to Democrats. Democrats fight to keep the abortion mill running. Cozy.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 10:46:10 AM »

Planned Parenthood kills children for money.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 04:17:35 PM »

Planned Parenthood kills children for money.

Yes, they do.

Rather than focusing on choice as a question I wish just once a DEM (or RINO) would be asked why he or she doesn't like babies.  Of course, they would answer they like babies.  Then if you like babies why are you ok with their murder?  THAT would be a squirm worth watching.

RickZ

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 05:20:16 AM »

I like that word choice-hadn't heard that before.  It's always annoys on me to hear planned parenthood as if they even know what parenthood is!

If they sssooooooo believe in choice why hide it?  Heard some spokeswoman on radio going on about their wonderful services and nary a mention of abortion.

As if Planned Parenthood even advises for parenthood.  It doesn't, not in my book.  Those gotcha phone calls by, I think, Lisa somebody proved once and for all recorded time that Planned Parenthood is merely a way for Dems/prog/lefties to government fund abortions, through their own network.  Because anyone paying attention to some of the 'independent' organizations out there, including NPR, who take government money and promote the progressive piece of our government's party line, are the propaganda organs of those progressives too cheap to pay for it themselves (no, better to let everybody pay for it).  Progressives are a faction within our government with their own gerrymandered ideology built into the shape of their districts, assuring they can shape this nation in a manner far outweighing their numbers.  With the Democrats, one constant in the switchback party path is the decimation of babies legally orchestrated via abortion; what started out as a genocide against black babies has turned into a 'kill 'em all and let whatever supreme entity you believe in sort 'em out'.  And what better way to achieve that goal than to have a quasi-government agency be there own little Abortions.gov sloganeer and practitioner.  This is the thing that scares me about crony capitalism, about government picking winners and losers, about government supporting through financial backdealing an 'independent' organization whose business model is nothng short of assembly line murder.

I feel for kids today, those just entering on that great journey called education.  These kids are slammed all day long from all sides by the Democrat propaganda machine, from education to media, to their entertainers, and on and on, and in a time with the government being the greatest generator of jobs right now thanks to all the regulations they are making by fiat and requiring inspectors/bureaucrats.  Then there's the paperwork, etc.  Can you imagine how many government jobs Operation Gunrunner would have generated?  The layers of bureaucracy, both on long and short term needs?  And I can damn well tell you that this stuff is absorbed by kids, even if they don't talk about it.  That adage about 'educating' a kid and having a droid for life is what they face.  Then there's the government takeover of college loans, a sure way to limit diversity.  Adding in peer pressure, it's a hard road to resist.

I see this form of corruption, this taxing the working class so they can redistribute to the party organs (so they can kick back campaign contribution monies), as incredibly serious.  This is the breakdown of all that we are as a Nation.  But I cannot say this whole Obama presidency is unexpected.  We've been dying from a death of a thousand cuts for years now.  Up to this point, we could visit the doctor or the ER to get patched up.  Now the government controls that, too.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 03:20:43 PM »
I see this form of corruption, this taxing the working class so they can redistribute to the party organs (so they can kick back campaign contribution monies), as incredibly serious.  This is the breakdown of all that we are as a Nation.  But I cannot say this whole Obama presidency is unexpected.  We've been dying from a death of a thousand cuts for years now.  Up to this point, we could visit the doctor or the ER to get patched up.  Now the government controls that, too.

Sometimes I think we (generally not us specifically at IAL) got what we deserved.  Unfortunately, the people who should learn the lesson won't.

I've heard people saying it took a Carter to get us a Reagan but I think it took a Reagan to get us  Clinton et al.  I've seen it even in little organizations I've been a part of-- a strong leader with a vision and a backbone takes the organization to new heights only to leave and have the next person destroy everything that was done. And both voted in by the same people.