Author Topic: Mexican Cartels and the Pan American Games: A Threat Assessment  (Read 828 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Mexican Cartels and the Pan American Games: A Threat Assessment
« on: September 29, 2011, 09:43:34 AM »
By Scott Stewart

September 29, 2011

"The 2011 Pan American Games will be held in Guadalajara, Mexico, from Oct. 14 through Oct. 30. The games will feature 36 different sports and will bring more than 6,000 athletes and tens of thousands of spectators to Mexico’s second-largest city. The Parapan American Games, for athletes with physical disabilities, will follow from Nov. 12 to Nov. 20.
Like the Olympics, the World Cup or any other large sporting event, planning for the Pan American Games in Guadalajara began when the city was selected to host them in 2006. Preparations have included the construction of new sports venues, an athletes’ village complex, hotels, highway and road infrastructure, and improvements to the city’s mass transit system. According to the coordinating committee, the construction and infrastructure improvements for the games have cost some $750 million."
Read more »

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20110928-mexican-cartels-and-pan-american-games-threat-assessment?

Ah! Be a good place for those three American hikers who were just released from Iran to go. Plenty of places to hike down there! ::hanging::
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:48:24 AM by jpatrickham »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Mexican Cartels and the Pan American Games: A Threat Assessment
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:36:01 PM »
I'll pass...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Mexican Cartels and the Pan American Games: A Threat Assessment
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »
Every party needs a pooper

That's why we invited you,

Party pooper, party pooper ..........

I don't. know.  It came into my head and I had to get it out.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"