Author Topic: Gun crime continues to decrease, despite increase in gun sales  (Read 1452 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Gun crime continues to decrease, despite increase in gun sales
« on: September 29, 2011, 12:05:31 PM »
No surprises for me, but it's a good thing to keep tabs on for when the subject comes up.

Gun crime continues to decrease, despite increase in gun sales

Despite increases in gun sales, gun crimes continued to decrease in the United States for the fourth straight year in 2010, according to the FBI.

The FBI recently released its Crime in The United States statistics for 2010. Overall, murders in the U.S. have decreased steadily since 2006, dropping from 15,087 to 12,996. Firearms murders — which made up 67 percent of all murders in the U.S. in 2010 — have followed this trend, decreasing by 14 percent.

At the same time that firearms murders were dropping, gun sales were surging. In 2009, FBI background checks for guns increased by 30 percent over the previous year, while firearms sales in large retail outlets increased by almost 40 percent. The number of applications for concealed carry permits jumped across the country as well.

“There was a huge spike,” NRA spokesperson Rachel Parsons said. “It’s probably mellowed out and gone back to normal now.”

More, at dailycaller....
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Gun crime continues to decrease, despite increase in gun sales
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »
Indeed.

Meanwhile...not that the MFM notices this either...the Obama Regime's gun sales to Mexican drug thugs is getting US agents and Mexican citizens and police murdered by the bushel...

Ironic, huh?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »
Indeed.

Meanwhile...not that the MFM notices this either...the Obama Regime's gun sales to Mexican drug thugs is getting US agents and Mexican citizens and police murdered by the bushel...

Ironic, huh?

It is ironic, considering all the hand-wringing over gun-crime is blamed on the guns, not the criminals, so what the grabbers have done is refute their own premise.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »
Indeed.

Ironic, huh?

It is ironic, considering all the hand-wringing over gun-crime is blamed on the guns, not the criminals, so what the grabbers have done is refute their own premise.

Yup!  And I for one will not pass up any opportunity to throw that in their faces!

I even know who my first victim will be...I'll set him up good...poor bastard doesn't know what's coming his way!

::evilbat::

bwuuuuhaaahaaaaaa!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 02:06:37 PM »
Maybe we should all buy more guns each and  wipe put gun crime alltogether.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 04:08:01 PM »
Maybe we should all buy more guns each and  wipe put gun crime alltogether.

::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."