Author Topic: The Extrajudicial Killings of American Citizens  (Read 13443 times)

Offline Janny

Re: The Extrajudicial Killings of American Citizens
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »
Bulldozing a guy's house for raising roosters, while literally riding in in a tank, for benefit of looking "good" on TV and in front of Steven Segal will always be the ultimate Sheriff Joeism to me.  Prisoner beatings.  Graft.  Using the weight of a law enforcement office on political opponents. 

There's a whole lot beyond the pretty pink jumpsuits, tents, and lunch meat sandwiches.

Which reminds me about the guy's habit of maybe running for Senate every 6 years, in which he raises money, then never runs for Senate.  Is he still "mulling" that run, while still collecting money?

Sounds to me like you've bought some of the anti-Arpaio propaganda that oozes around the Internet sewer sites.

I'd be interested to see a legitimate source about that "running for senate" claim you made, because I've been in Phoenix for ten years now, and I haven't heard that one before.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »
I made it through all 5 pages! 

I appreciated IDP raising the question in the first place.  Serious thought and discussion leading to understanding is lacking in this country. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »
Yip, I would say that if a person wanted to get a brush-up on the issues surrounding this topic, this thread would be a good place to digest all sides of the issue. Love it when that happens.

::grouphug::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

ttomm46

« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »
Bulldozing a guy's house for raising roosters, while literally riding in in a tank, for benefit of looking "good" on TV and in front of Steven Segal will always be the ultimate Sheriff Joeism to me.  Prisoner beatings.  Graft.  Using the weight of a law enforcement office on political opponents. 

There's a whole lot beyond the pretty pink jumpsuits, tents, and lunch meat sandwiches.

Which reminds me about the guy's habit of maybe running for Senate every 6 years, in which he raises money, then never runs for Senate.  Is he still "mulling" that run, while still collecting money?

Sounds to me like you've bought some of the anti-Arpaio propaganda that oozes around the Internet sewer sites.

I'd be interested to see a legitimate source about that "running for senate" claim you made, because I've been in Phoenix for ten years now, and I haven't heard that one before.
Joe's a great guy...He's been doing what needs to be done...Period..end of story.. ::whoohoo::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Janny

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2011, 05:07:53 PM »
Still mulling...

Think he's done mulling that race for governor

Sorry. This doesn't cut it. You said he mulls running for senate "every six years or so." I asked for a legitimate source to back up that claim. You make the claim, you back it up, not send me on a wild google chase.

I was aware that he was considering running for governor. He announced it at a TEA party rally that I attended. That decision didn't take him long to make, however.

Sheriff of Maricopa County is an ELECTED position, as you well know, which requires campaign funds,  so if you are going to accuse of the sheriff of "padding his coffers" you will need to provide better evidence.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:14:11 PM by Janny »

Offline Janny

« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2011, 05:12:02 PM »
Oh, and, from your first google page you linked to, regarding the governor race:

right here

A new Rasmussen poll of Arizona finds that Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who is known nationally for his hard-line stance against illegal immigration, would be the strongest possible Republican candidate for governor in next year's election.

Democratic state Attorney General Terry Goddard, the likely Dem nominee for governor, was tested against three Republicans. Goddard leads incumbent Republican Gov. Jan Brewer, who succeeded to the office after Dem Gov. Janet Napolitano was appointed Secretary of Homeland Security, by 44%-35%. Goddard edges state Treasurer Dean Martin by 40%-38%, within the ±3% margin of error.

Arpaio, however, leads Goddard by a convincing margin of 51%-39%. He is not currently a candidate, but that could change with numbers like these.

I wonder why he considered running for governor?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:16:21 PM by Janny »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »
I will admit, no one this side of Dukakis looks better in a tank, while saving the world from renegade roosters.

There's no better propaganda than a trail of lost lawsuits.  Maybe so many Republicans also don't like him, because the self proclaimed "toughest" guy has such a thin skin.

I do not like camera posers.  And this guy is the queen of camera posing.

::stirpot::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2011, 06:56:48 PM »
The targets of Arpaio's alleged abuse of power have included or currently include: Phil Gordon, Phoenix Mayor;[59] Dan Saban, Arpaio's 2004 and 2008 opponent for the office of Sheriff of Maricopa County;[59] Terry Goddard, Arizona Attorney General;[59] David Smith, Maricopa County Manager;[59] The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors;[59] Barbara Mundell, Maricopa Superior Court Presiding Judge;[59] Anna Baca, former Maricopa Superior Court Presiding Judge;[61] Gary Donahoe, Maricopa Superior Court Criminal Presiding Judge[59] Daniel Pochoda, ACLU attorney;[59] Sandra Dowling, former Maricopa County School Superintendent;[60] Mike Lacy, Editor, Phoenix New Times.[60]

In the end, that's all I need to see.  If this pussy, and I do mean pussy in every sense of the word, can't argue policy, and instead needs to legally harass political opponents and journalists, I don't need anything to do with him.

I am still better than a third rate, third world like thug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2011, 07:01:58 PM »
In fact, just read the whole entry.  That's not left/right stuff.  90% of this guy's legal problems arise from his fragile little ego. 

According to the left-libertarian Phoenix New Times, taxpayers have paid out $43 million and counting, to cover Arpaio's fragile little self.  That's not propaganda.  That's real tax money, just to cover for an ego.

Offline Janny

« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »
In fact, just read the whole entry.  That's not left/right stuff.  90% of this guy's legal problems arise from his fragile little ego. 

According to the left-libertarian Phoenix New Times, taxpayers have paid out $43 million and counting, to cover Arpaio's fragile little self.  That's not propaganda.  That's real tax money, just to cover for an ego.

So, I guess you are admitting that your BS about him padding his campaign coffers was...BS?  ::laughonfloor::

Sounds a whole lot more like your opinion, to me, and you just confirmed my original conclusion, that you have bought the anti-Arpaio propaganda. I have read scores of those allegations, and seen virtually all of them debunked.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Meanwhile this thread is off topic.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2011, 08:16:35 PM »
I don't know why this had to go off topic on Joe to begin with, and I am not relying on Wiki, the ACLU or convicts with a grudge to convince me to disparage Joe and go back feeling happy about politically correct LEO's that care more about getting along than busting crooks...apart from the bulldozer incident which was a fustercluck op on his part I have never seen any credible evidence of other allegations.  I remember getting into this with R-Man before he left...he never fessed up...I always suspected he was busted down there for holding or had his dealer pinched or something to carry a grudge...I visited there a lot over the past couple decades when my folks lived down there and my father would go to meetings and see Joe and talk to other deputies and knew several posse members and I never heard anything negative reported.  He gets attacked all the time by the left and whack-job Libertarians who are all for anarchy, but he gets the job done and keeps getting back in office.  If he happens to mug the camera and turn the tables on the MFM and leftist trash to be effective I am more than OK on that score.  If not for Joe that county would be another sanctuary spot teeming with crime.

I think the comparison to whacking an American overseas who is a world class turd is off base.

We can disagree on how this Jihadi pos met his end, I think capture and treason conviction and execution would have sent a marvelous message to other would-be murderous Isslamic scum in this country, but that opportunity has now passed.

I'm done with both subjects, and we'll have to agree to disagree on all counts and move forward.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2017, 11:25:01 AM »
Americans are stupid cowards and deserve everything coming to them.

Go preach that bilge somewhere else, pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2017, 12:06:27 PM »
Americans are stupid cowards and deserve everything coming to them.

Go preach that bilge somewhere else, pal.

I'm going to have to presume from the disjointed and now unattributed post that we had an unwelcome visitor. Not surprising and i doubt that this is the last we've seen of them.

their tactics are interesting (if I interpret them correctly), as well as pathetic. They appear to be doing web searches for particular themes or word combinations. This would answer why they join, but only seem drawn to old discussions.

Y'notice how the left has dispensed with the pretense of wanting an "open dialog"? They've never had any interest in listening to alternative opinion, and have notoriously asserted some asinine "right" to violence against anyone holding an opinion not shared by them.

Fun times, eh boys n gurls?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2017, 01:08:49 PM »
Yes, the latest incarnation called itself "free5".  I waited a bit to see which way the wind was blowing with it, and then blew it out of here.

This one (and its former aliases) likes to start a bunch of new threads with a short comment and a link, but engagement with other posters -- that'd be us -- is limited ....... and then it gets around to insulting.

Feh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2017, 01:42:14 PM »
One can only surmise their only aim is to throw their pooh...

Meh, kick that crap back to the zoo!

::asskicking::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2017, 02:18:31 PM »
Yes, the latest incarnation called itself "free5".  I waited a bit to see which way the wind was blowing with it, and then blew it out of here.

This one (and its former aliases) likes to start a bunch of new threads with a short comment and a link, but engagement with other posters -- that'd be us -- is limited ....... and then it gets around to insulting.

Feh.

It doesn't know who it's dealing with!! Our little Rottweiler Pandora.   Come to think of it I think Ill name the farm dog(probably a Rottt) Peter  Pan if a boy or Pandora if a girl.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2017, 04:57:22 PM »
::snarl::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2017, 08:49:46 PM »
What an honor!   ;D