Author Topic: Alabama immigration law is working: Hispanic students 'vanishing' from schools  (Read 2908 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Hispanic students vanish from Alabama schools

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (AP) — Hispanic students have started vanishing from Alabama public schools in the wake of a court ruling that upheld the state's tough new law cracking down on illegal immigration.

Education officials say scores of immigrant families have withdrawn their children from classes or kept them home this week, afraid that sending the kids to school would draw attention from authorities.

There are no precise statewide numbers. But several districts with large immigrant enrollments — from small towns to large urban districts — reported a sudden exodus of children of Hispanic parents, some of whom told officials they planned to leave the state to avoid trouble with the law, which requires schools to check students' immigration status...

More @ AP...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Hispanic students vanish from Alabama schools

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (AP) — Hispanic students have started vanishing from Alabama public schools in the wake of a court ruling that upheld the state's tough new law cracking down on illegal immigration.

Education officials say scores of immigrant families have withdrawn their children from classes or kept them home this week, afraid that sending the kids to school would draw attention from authorities.

There are no precise statewide numbers. But several districts with large immigrant enrollments — from small towns to large urban districts — reported a sudden exodus of children of Hispanic parents, some of whom told officials they planned to leave the state to avoid trouble with the law, which requires schools to check students' immigration status...

More @ AP...

Uh.....Somebody tell the illegals NOT sending thier kids to school will draw attention..... There is your list, Alabama, go check the absentees.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers

Uh.....Somebody tell the illegals NOT sending thier kids to school will draw attention..... There is your list, Alabama, go check the absentees.

::thumbsup::
And then...  ::asskicking::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

That's a big ticket and it requires no expense of our treasure.

Cut out all free stuff, every bit, and there will be no problem. 
It will disappear just as those students did, except it will be
permanent.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
I can't believe that it took this long.Now go check the homes and make sure they left the states.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
This sure looks like one hell of a good template for all other states to copy!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes

These wonderful misunderstood yet hardworking people the media and dems try to portray them as being know they're breaking the law.

I'm wondering though where they'll head next since some states have the welcome mat out....
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

These wonderful misunderstood yet hardworking people the media and dems try to portray them as being know they're breaking the law.

I'm wondering though where they'll head next since some states have the welcome mat out....

Sanctuary states & cities...and unfortunately I fricken live in one!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero

And then...  ::asskicking::

I wonder if Birmingham Truant Officers wear ICE windbreakers .  ::stirpot::

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
 ::whoohoo:: ::danceban:: ::whoohoo:: ::danceban:: ::whoohoo::
Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out! ::cool:: ::cool::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.

::waving hands::

Several sanctuary cities here in NC ............
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

::waving hands::

Several sanctuary cities here in NC ............

::curtsy4:: ::exitstageleft::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie