Author Topic: GOOD NEWS!! Analysis Favors G.O.P. Gaining Control of Senate in 2012!!!  (Read 813 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
October 1, 2011 at 12:31am

Ye-HAW! Boy-HOWDY! (No! not Liberal Analysis, real one's) ::angel::

This IS some real GOOD NEWS!!!  ::whoohoo::

Odds Favor GOP Gaining Senate Control in 2012
By Sean Trende - September 28, 2011

"The Senate and House races are usually undercard matches in presidential years. But 2012 may be different. Republicans are expected to hold the House, and are probably slight favorites to win the White House at this point. If Democrats are going to keep a toehold in Washington, their only hope is retaining the Senate. This is especially true because much of what the Republican Congress will probably focus on in 2013 is spending cuts, which can -- and almost certainly will -- be done through budget reconciliation (which only requires a majority vote).

But the Democrats’ chances of holding the Senate aren't particularly good. Right now Republicans hold 47 of the 100 seats; if they win the presidency, they would need to pick up three more seats to have a majority. As of today, they are favored to pick up two Democratic seats. Two Republican seats are tossups, along with six Democratic seats. If we assume Democrats pick off one of the two Republican tossups, and that Republican pick off half of the Democratic tossups, Republicans would have a 51-49 majority.

Of course, Senate tossups have tended to break hard toward one party or the other, which suggests that the Republicans have much more upside than Democrats. If Republicans were to sweep the tossups, they would have a 55-45 majority, tying them for their largest advantage since 1928. With a large number of Democrats up for re-election in 2014, many of whom occupy seats in red states, that would probably give Republicans working control of the chamber.
"

Link to FULL Article:

http://conservativebyte.com/2011/09/analysis-democrats-likely-to-lo...

www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/09/28/odds_favor_gop_gainin...

While we are cultivating our field for a Bountiful Harvest, can we not weed out the undesirables, and truly make 2013, the greatest year in Politics since the signing of the Constitution? Hell who knows, 13 may become our lucky number? ::whatgives::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
All the more reason that Tea Party American must absolutely gain a President who will fully appeal ObamaCare, regardless of what the SCOTUS does with the mandate. We'll need both chambers and the executive to undo the disaster that the Left has wrought.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
All the more reason that Tea Party American must absolutely gain a President who will fully appeal ObamaCare, regardless of what the SCOTUS does with the mandate. We'll need both chambers and the executive to undo the disaster that the Left has wrought.

THEN, Federal Judges, by the boat load to put these treasonous vipers who call themselves Progressives, but truly are Nazi's, Communists, and Anarchists in Prison where they belong!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Next we need a reliable analysis as to the composition of the Senate...like the percentage to be Ruling Class vs Non-Ruling Class!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Will McConnell be the Senate majority leader if this happens?
If so, not a lot of gain for our side.

Same thing that happened in the House.

Boehner and McConnell must not continue as leaders

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers

The people will have to be more forceful this time.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular

New Blood, McConnell is old news, time to move on!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Never underestimate the insidious nature of inertia...

What should happen and what will happen are often two very different things.  But I'll do whatever I can to change the constitution of that body and get the best new blood in there possible!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

It will require large numbers of people participating in out of state politics.