Author Topic: This Is My Country  (Read 640 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
This Is My Country
« on: October 27, 2011, 11:38:50 AM »

"Every year at this time, I pack up my blaze orange, my snake boots and my 12 gauge, and I travel to the sort of place in which the average Democrat would be as comfortable as Janet Napolitano in a bikini contest. ::speechless:: ::puke:: By the time you read this, I'll be stomping through fields of corn and sunflowers, surrounded by nature's bounty in the plains of South Dakota. Deer will frolic, coyotes will skulk and pheasants — well — pheasants will die. Quite a few pheasants will die."
More »

http://www.personalliberty.com/conservative-politics/this-is-my-country/?eiid=&rmid=2011_10_27_PLA_[P11667790]&rrid=306899022

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: This Is My Country
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 11:56:21 AM »
I like it.  Apparently some of the fugly dem's in bikini's leaving comments are not so inclined, but screw those joyless bastards anyway!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »
Here in MN at least, hunting is not a partisan issue. Democrats hunt and fish the same as anyone else.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »
Pheasant opener in Iowa this weekend! ::whoohoo:: ::danceban:: ::whoohoo:: ::danceban::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 12:46:56 PM »
Here in MN at least, hunting is not a partisan issue. Democrats hunt and fish the same as anyone else.

Just the same, I would have eyes in the back of my head.  ::confused::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »
Interesting comments there but most of them miss the mark.

Yes, there are several pursuits that have broad appeal, including hunting, fishing, gun ownership in general, auto racing and all the spin-off sports, boating (I could go on for hours). I personally know dhimmicrats who are into one or more of each of these activities, They are hypocrites.

Me, I'm into all of them to one degree or another. I like them, I pursue them, and I support them. I don't crap where I sleep - which differentiates me from lefties. I don't support people, party, or 'principles' that seek to destroy those pursuits. Dems do.

I love pointing out their hypocrisy - to their faces. I like making them cringe and squirm when I point out that the people they support are trying to kill their particular favorite pastime. Sometimes it takes an example or two, but it's never difficult to cut straight through to the bone with them.

Remember that duplicitous POS john friggin kerry (did you know he served in Vietnam?!) and how he tried to portray himself as a gun-owner? Didja notice how he failed utterly? This is the "damn with faint praise" principle in action. Take a subset of an activity and feign support as a platform to decry the other 90%. If successful then lather,rinse, and repeat until there's nothing left. Take a look at 'Great' Britain and their insane approach to self defense. They started with the most sinister appearing of weaponry and now they're down to banning butter-knives. And Brits are dying because of it.

Sure, some lefties have similar interests but until they rejoin the human race I will view each and every one of them with scorn and contempt.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 08:06:31 AM »
"Remember that duplicitous POS john friggin kerry (did you know he served in Vietnam?!) and how he tried to portray himself as a gun-owner? Didja notice how he failed utterly?"

Jean Effing Kerry - "Hey, cani git me wun of dem huntin' lie-census's heah?"

::laughonfloor::  Epic fail!

"Sure, some lefties have similar interests but until they rejoin the human race I will view each and every one of them with scorn and contempt."

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.