Author Topic: Hello from Arizona  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
Hello from Arizona
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »
Delnorin's Introduction:

a. Gave life to Jesus Christ: 1982 at church camp in Cadillac, Michigan.

b. Highschool in Northern Michigan: 1987

c. University in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan: 1987-1991
     Graduated with Associates: Water Quality Technology (water and waterwater treatment plants)
     Graduated with Associates: Natural Resources (Forestry, Fisheries, Parks, etc.)

d. Spent 1 year trying to find work.  Discovered that being a white male without a disability and no miltiary
     service even 100% on the civil service test could not get me close to a forestry, fisheries or parks job.

e. United States Air Force 1992-1996
     Sheppard AFB, TX (Wichita Falls, TX) 1992-1993 - waste water treatment plant operator
          Heard Rush Limbaugh for the first time, instantly hooked.
     Spangdahlem AB, Germany 1993-1994 - waste water treatment plant operator
     Bitburg AB, Germany 1994-1996 - drinking water plant operator

f.  Water Plant Operator - small town Southwest Michigan 1996-1999
     Fantastic place to work, amazing guys to work with.

g. Got Married 1997 - To sweet lady I met while going to college.

h. Daughter born 1999 - Wanted to move to Northern Michigan to be closer to family.

i.  Year of financial collapse as promised job fell through and previous job rehired new person to fill my slot.  They
    had begged me to return and I turned them down (nicely)... when I called back... they had just hired the new
    guy the week before.  Lived on credit cards to pay off other credit cards.. horrible memories.

j. Water Plant Operator - large city Southwest Michigan 2000-2007
    Worked midnight shift for 6 years, isolated, didn't make many friends.  Friendly to all but no real depth (15
    minute shift change isn't enough to make worthwhile friendships).

k. Sexual Harrasement Claim 2006-2007
     Wackjob lady at work stopped taking her meds and decided I was the next target.  She had gotten three
     people fired before me.. this time when the meds (seriously.. phychiotrist prescribed) needed adjusted I was
     the target.

Out of 25 people that knew she was lying, only two stood up and risked their political positions (everything is
     politics in a Union shop) to tell the truth.  It took 10 months to clear my name and the State of Michigan
     made them give me my job back.  Except.. they didn't.  They shuffled me off to the waste water plant to
     work.  I went about two months and then quit (living under a microscope it was just a matter of time before
     a clerical error would turn into a reason to fire me.. I couldn't deal with it).

l. Baghdad, Iraq 2007-2009 (1 1/2 years if you disect the months)
    A promised job with an engineering firm that designs water plants all over the world happened.. I was hired,
    rented an apartment in Kansas City, etc, etc... the night before the move they called me and retracted their
    offer.  It was a Friday night and they had me coming to work on Monday morning.  Asked for reason?  They
    refused to say.  I pressed hard for reasons.  They told me I passed my background check fine, I passed drug
    check fine, they really liked me, I passed the interview process fine.. yes.. they did hire me but for reasons
    they could not say.. I was no longer offered the job.

Time passes and later I find out why... douche bag Superintendent of Utilities at the city which had funneled
    100's of millions of dollars to the engineering company over his career was the one that looked the fool when
    he was forced to give me my job back... he found out from someone I trusted and told I got the engineering
    job... he called the engineering company and called in a favor and made sure I didn't get the job.  
    Needless to say.. I was on a professional blacklist for all of Michigan because they were leaders on the Water
    Boards all the way up to the State level......

So.. I join up with a company as a civilian contractor for the Department of Defense and head off to Iraq.

Work in waste water treatment at Camp Cropper (the prison where all the Abu Grabbe prisoners were moved to
    after the big stink).. it's the prison where Sadam Hussein was held, the white haired guy that was the public
    relations guy for Iraq on CNN all the time, etc... the lady in charge of the Bilogical warfare program, etc.

I loved being in a war zone.. felt alive.  But the company were major douche bags.  Falsifying lab results about
    the water leaving the sewer plant.. I told on them one and got the big cheese fired.. but he was just replaced.  
    The middle management guy (lap dog, butt kisser) kept his job so the cheating on paperwork and utter
    ineptitude continued.

I dug into his data... turns out he claimed he had 30 years expericne in waste water.  
    Problem is.. he didn't know I knew how to check up on him.  I checked out the Michigan (where he was also
    from) website and you can look up any water or waste water person's license (publicly available).. he had
    none.  Furthermore.. he worked 6 months in waste water, 30 years ago... and
    had not worked in the career field for the last 29 years.

Didn't matter... he was exactly what they wanted... he was clueless about the profession (scape goat for
    when needed) and would do anything they wanted.  He never insisted on a paper trail to
    protect himself and just falsified paperwork and lied to the Army point blank every day.... the stress got to me
    after 1 1/2 years and I left.

m. Water Plant Operator for large city in Arizona 2010 - Present
    Another awesome group of guys.  Brand new facility.  Pay is very lame with no hope for any raises for many
    years.
    Now going back to college to get a Bachelors in Civil Engineering.  Currently taking a
    Trigonometry class and loving (ace'ing) it.  Next semester is Calculus I.

Extream conservative... beyond the right of most charts.
Have my own blog:  http://free-speech-while-it-lasts.blogspot.com/

Still only one daughter (12 yrs old now, loves singing/choir and volleyball, we homeschool her, she has Type I Diabetes - discovered the diabetes after I was in Iraq for 1 year.. not a fun phone call to get).

Play the guitar, geocaching, writing and professional family-man. :)

Crazy about Christ and on my knees praying for what is left of our Country.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:55:32 PM by Delnorin »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Hello from Arizona
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 07:55:13 PM »
You have a very interesting bio! Going back to school in middle-age is a trip, isn't it? I went back at 40, and it was amazing how the perspective of experience and purpose can motivate one to be academically successful.
Thanks for the link to your blog. Bookmarked.

We're glad to have you join us.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 07:56:46 PM »
You have a very interesting bio! Going back to school in middle-age is a trip, isn't it? I went back at 40, and it was amazing how the perspective of experience and purpose can motivate one to be academically successful.

Incredibly so.. I'm gonig to school with children (heh.. and I feel so old).  But yes... Where I was a B student with hard work.. now I am an A student with moderate work.  Just a whole different ability to priorities and look at life helps.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 08:08:34 PM »

Incredibly so.. I'm gonig to school with children (heh.. and I feel so old).  But yes... Where I was a B student with hard work.. now I am an A student with moderate work.  Just a whole different ability to priorities and look at life helps.

Yep. I went back at 40, as I said, for an industry specific technical degree, and I was among 19 year olds. Not to be an ass, but like Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes, when he said, "If is the best they've got, in six weeks we'll be running this place," I found myself in the unique position of feeling almost like a mythical figure come to life. I got straight A's 100% on every test and every assignment, and was unanimously voted class valedictorian.

Edited to add... although, when I graduated and found myself competing for contracts with my peers, also like Heston, the illusion of my superiority was replaced with a brand new perspective more grounded in reality.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:11:53 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 09:51:01 PM »
Welcome aboard.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:26:27 PM »

Welcome.

Offline Janny

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 10:46:22 PM »
Hi! Nice to meet you!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 06:41:55 AM »
Welcome aboard Delnorim.

I like your breakdown of GOP field.  Interesting how you have Romney & Pawlenty on the very exact spot of the political spectrum.  But hey, why is Bachmann so close to the moderate border?

::whatgives::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 08:02:21 AM »
Welcome, friend.

Somebody else here used that Avatar though. Somebody gonna get confused!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »
Welcome. Glad to have you here. ::thumbsup::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 05:39:55 PM »
Welcome ::beertoast::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 06:10:32 PM »
welcome to the party!

::danceban:: ::danceban:: ::danceban::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."