jpatrickham:
 Reply |The Patriot Post no-reply@patriotpost.us to me
show details 11:25 AM (16 minutes ago)

Images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from no-reply@patriotpost.us
Read this on the Web at http://patriotpost.us/edition/2011/10/03/brief/

Brief · October 3, 2011

The Foundation

--- Quote ---"It is sufficiently obvious, that persons and property are the two great subjects on which Governments are to act; and that the rights of persons, and the rights of property, are the objects, for the protection of which Government was instituted. These rights cannot well be separated."
--- End quote ---
--James Madison

Opinion in Brief

--- Quote ---"There's been a lot of speculation about what President Obama meant when he told an Orlando television interviewer that the United States is 'a great, great country that had gotten a little soft' over the last two decades. Some critics have compared Obama's remarks to Jimmy Carter's 1979 'malaise' speech in which Carter, down in the polls, the economy failing, his prospects for re-election growing dimmer by the day, made a television appearance in which he told Americans they were having a crisis of confidence. Others have argued that Obama's statement revealed a mix of 'condescension, incompetence, and narcissism,' in the words of columnist Charles Krauthammer. There's another way to read what the president said. Look at Obama's speeches in the last couple of months, and he has repeatedly scolded audiences for not working hard enough and for not sacrificing enough to achieve the goals he has set for his administration. He's done it with both supporters and with adversaries. With friends, his message has been: Nobody told you this would be easy, and you've got to work harder to enact my agenda. With adversaries, his message is: You've had it too easy, and you've got to make sacrifices to enact my agenda. Obama's 'gotten a little soft' remark fits into that theme: A soft America is one that is insufficiently willing to work and sacrifice to enact the Obama agenda. ... Lately, with the economy worsening and his approval ratings falling, he's been having a hard time bending Washington, and the country, to his will. Is it any surprise that he's now telling Americans they've gotten soft?"
--- End quote ---
--columnist Byron York

How are you working on Obama's agenda? ::pokeineye::

Alphabet Soup:
While there is a nugget of truth to the "soft American" meme, I reject it within the context that Øbongo suggests. I don't have the energy that I had when I was in my twenties, but I still have plenty of grit. However, my determination isn't to help Øbongo undermine the safety and security of our country - it is to protect me & mine from him.

How Am I working on Øbongo's agenda? I'm doing everything that I can to defeat it.

Libertas:
Surrender is not an option.  Victory over proglodyte tyranny or death, there is no in between!

LadyVirginia:

Sooo there's not one thing about that man I'm interested in helping.

Damn_Lucky:
I would love to help put the handcuffs on! ::facepalm::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version