Author Topic: Dem. Strategist Calls Herman Cain 'Racist, Bigoted'  (Read 991 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Dem. Strategist Calls Herman Cain 'Racist, Bigoted'
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »
Filed under Politics

"Democratic strategist Cornell Belcher says there is a media “double-standard” over Herman Cain saying blacks have been “brainwashed.” Belcher calls Mr. Cain a bigot and a racist and says this incident is a “teachable moment.”

CORNELL BELCHER, DEMOCRATIC STRATEGIST: First of all, do you think you’re going to invite me on the show and then I’m not going to talk about the ridiculousness of that statement? Two things. One is a great way to sort of get people on your side and win voters is to attack their intelligence.

So great job there. Really sensible, Herman Cain.

The second part here is, it’s really a teachable moment. You know, if I came on your show, Anderson, and I said, all Jewish people are brainwashed, I probably wouldn’t be invited back to CNN and I assure you the condemnation would be swift and it’d be powerful and be strong.

What Herman Cain said was a racist, bigoted statement and it should treated like a racist and bigoted person who makes those racist and bigoted statements."

Post Continues on www.realclearpolitics.com

YOU MIGHT BE CONSIDERED A 'RACIST,' IF YOU: ::whatgives::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Dem. Strategist Calls Herman Cain 'Racist, Bigoted'
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »
The notion that Herman Cain is a racist - especially an anti-Black racist - is utterly laughable on its face. One can only hope and pray that the Left pursues the "Uncle Tom / Oreo-Cookie / House Negro" narrative with this formidable man.

That said, Herman needs to gain control of his loose lips, and remember that every word is parsed for ways to harm him. He's made several off the cuff utterances that have evolved into unforced errors. Cain having to issue clarifications and walk-backs too often is a sign of two things: a) we're looking at an authentic man who speaks his mind, and b) we're not looking at a politician. Both of those qualities have upsides and downsides. IOdeally, our candidate would possess the best of both, while avoiding the worst of both.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »
Filed under Politics

"Democratic strategist Cornell Belcher says there is a media “double-standard” over Herman Cain saying blacks have been “brainwashed.” Belcher calls Mr. Cain a bigot and a racist and says this incident is a “teachable moment.”

CORNELL BELCHER, DEMOCRATIC STRATEGIST: First of all, do you think you’re going to invite me on the show and then I’m not going to talk about the ridiculousness of that statement? Two things. One is a great way to sort of get people on your side and win voters is to attack their intelligence.

So great job there. Really sensible, Herman Cain.

The second part here is, it’s really a teachable moment. You know, if I came on your show, Anderson, and I said, all Jewish people are brainwashed, I probably wouldn’t be invited back to CNN and I assure you the condemnation would be swift and it’d be powerful and be strong.

What Herman Cain said was a racist, bigoted statement and it should treated like a racist and bigoted person who makes those racist and bigoted statements."

Post Continues on www.realclearpolitics.com

YOU MIGHT BE CONSIDERED A 'RACIST,' IF YOU: ::whatgives::

The irony here is ANYTHING a conservative says is racist to ALL democratic strategists.

Please, tell me something I didn't already know would spew from ur lips.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 06:04:31 PM »

If he gets the Republican nomination debates between Cain and the President   ::outrage::  will be outrageous and wonderful.  A whuppin' I'd surmise.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 06:18:09 PM »
The notion that Herman Cain is a racist - especially an anti-Black racist - is utterly laughable on its face. One can only hope and pray that the Left pursues the "Uncle Tom / Oreo-Cookie / House Negro" narrative with this formidable man.

That said, Herman needs to gain control of his loose lips, and remember that every word is parsed for ways to harm him. He's made several off the cuff utterances that have evolved into unforced errors. Cain having to issue clarifications and walk-backs too often is a sign of two things: a) we're looking at an authentic man who speaks his mind, and b) we're not looking at a politician. Both of those qualities have upsides and downsides. IOdeally, our candidate would possess the best of both, while avoiding the worst of both.

It is, given the current climate of black culture, laughable to describe this observation as racist when you have hip hop "artists" (among many, many others) using the words, "nigger," "bitches" and "ho" in reference to those of their own race and women in general.

But, yeah, presidential candidates (conservative ones, anyway) are held to a higher standard. And should be. Your observation is correct, of course...this is yet another rookie mistake. Not a big mistake but a mistake, nonetheless. He is learning but the real question is, "Can he learn fast enough?"
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 08:04:55 AM »
I think he can learn fast enough.  Question for me is one of discipline.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 10:41:32 AM »
Quote from: trapeze link=topic=3186.msg 35205#msg35205 date=1317597489
Quote from: IronDioPriest link=topic=3186.msg 35192#msg 35192 date=1317595610

That said, Herman needs to gain control of his loose lips, and remember that every word is parsed for ways to harm him. He's made several off the cuff utterances that have evolved into unforced errors. Cain having to issue clarifications and walk-backs too often is a sign of two things: a) we're looking at an authentic man who speaks his mind, and b) we're not looking at a politician. Both of those qualities have upsides and downsides. Ideally, our candidate would possess the best of both, while avoiding the worst of both.

It is, given the current climate of black culture, laughable to describe this observation as racist when you have hip hop "artists" (among many, many others) using the words, "nigger," "bitches" and "ho" in reference to those of their own race and women in general.

But, yeah, presidential candidates (conservative ones, anyway) are held to a higher standard. And should be. Your observation is correct, of course...this is yet another rookie mistake. Not a big mistake but a mistake, nonetheless. He is learning but the real question is, "Can he learn fast enough?"

All the hoopla on who is a Candidate, and the latest stabs and spits by Liberals doesn't change the fact we Conservatives haven't found our Candidates yet. Sarah Palin and Paul Ryan are the only way to go. All we have to do is circulate this around the web, and hopefully a tidal wave will emerge.

We had George Bush, he Nixon-ed up, now we have Obama. NOW, we need Candidates that will Right the ship, set us on a course of Conservatism for the rest of the Century. Anything else is unacceptable. Sarah is excitement, Ryan is logic, and stability. Ryan would, could, and should, take over for her, after eight years. After that, pure Gold with the new and exciting Conservative, up and coming Candidates we have.

If you want to kill Liberalism, we must have the right Candidates now. No one on the ballot today fills that bill. If Liberals get back in, we will never see another Conservative Candidate again. We all must consider that, and time is running out.   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 11:26:13 AM »
That would be a bold choice J-Pat, would love to see it, but I am too jaded to think people are bold enough to resist the Ruling Class selection...but I am more than eager to be surprised!

::thumbsup::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 12:19:17 PM »
That would be a bold choice J-Pat, would love to see it, but I am too jaded to think people are bold enough to resist the Ruling Class selection...but I am more than eager to be surprised!

::thumbs up::

Bold but, NECESARY! Now we just have to convince all the others! Piece Of Cake! ::danceban::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 05:16:47 PM »

::thumbs up::

Bold but, NECESARY! Now we just have to convince all the others! Piece Of Cake! ::danceban::

I would love it too.

But Palin and Ryan would require people to engage in some self-examination which many voters would be loath to do--which is why I keep running  across people who don't want Obama but don't want anyone who requires too much of them...
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »
...Palin and Ryan would require people to engage in some self-examination which many voters would be loath to do--which is why I keep running  across people who don't want Obama but don't want anyone who requires too much of them...

That's where I think Christie might be of use. For all his transgressions against social conservatism, he has a way of bringing people along to his way of thinking to deal with the fiscal realities that are THE pressing issues of the moment if this republic is to be saved. Unions must be undermined, government must be shrunk, budgets must be balanced without raising taxes, regulations must be peeled back, agencies must be shuttered, and people must come to understand that without serious-minded reform that might hurt, the republic is doomed.

I don't see anyone in the GOP field - potential or announced - who seems like they have what it takes to do this, except Christie. Maybe Cain. Whoever it is needs to make the majority of people believe that it is for the best, or at least bring people along kicking and screaming like he did in NJ and like Walker did in WI and Kasich did in OH - long enough so that people can actually see the results of your policy and begin to understand that you were right all along.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson