Author Topic: Obama: Well Stephi, the American people are NOT better off than 4 years ago  (Read 810 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
If this guy is successful with this strategy, it will be an absolutely amazing feat.

HT: HotAir...

Obama: Are you better off than you were four years ago? I guess you’re not

On the one hand, this is the worst thing an incumbent president can say, especially one who’s already struggling under the weight of comparisons to you-know-who.

On the other hand, what other answer could he give? If he sat there and tried to argue that things are improving, even Stephanopoulos might have busted out laughing. That’s how awful his political situation is right now. Like Biden talking about the economy, he’s forced to be brutally candid because even perfunctory optimistic spin would be derided as hopelessly out of touch. Better that he shows he’s in tune with the electorate’s mood, grim though it is, than cocoon himself in talking points.

[blockquote]The American people, he conceded, are “not better off” than they were four years ago.

“The unemployment rate is way too high,” he said of the 9 percent jobless rate, the highest in more than half a century…

Obama would not handicap the 2012 election, but objected to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s comments that he divided people more than united them. Republicans, he said, have stood in the way of working with him time and again to fix the economy.

“At every step of way, I have tried to get the Republican Party to work with me on the biggest crisis of our lifetime. And each time we’ve gotten ‘No,’” he said.[/blockquote]

Video and more commentary @ HotAir...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
oh, goody! He's going with the "poor me" strategy

Let's see he could do something that would fix the economy or try to make voters feel sorry for him....

option B because voters will vote for a whiner.

Not.

This tells me he's not entirely confident the dems can steal the election or he wouldn't bother with this strategy.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
He's still on a blame-a-thon on repub's, and people, especially Indy's are not going along with that meme...this idiot is in major league scat and the desperation factor going into an election year is going to obliterate the Richter scale in its intesity.

The unsanity has only just begun...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
If this guy is successful with this strategy, it will be an absolutely amazing feat.

HT: HotAir...

Obama: Are you better off than you were four years ago? I guess you’re not

On the one hand, this is the worst thing an incumbent president can say, especially one who’s already struggling under the weight of comparisons to you-know-who.

On the other hand, what other answer could he give? If he sat there and tried to argue that things are improving, even Stephanopoulos might have busted out laughing. That’s how awful his political situation is right now. Like Biden talking about the economy, he’s forced to be brutally candid because even perfunctory optimistic spin would be derided as hopelessly out of touch. Better that he shows he’s in tune with the electorate’s mood, grim though it is, than cocoon himself in talking points.

[blockquote]The American people, he conceded, are “not better off” than they were four years ago.

“The unemployment rate is way too high,” he said of the 9 percent jobless rate, the highest in more than half a century…

Obama would not handicap the 2012 election, but objected to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s comments that he divided people more than united them. Republicans, he said, have stood in the way of working with him time and again to fix the economy.

“At every step of way, I have tried to get the Republican Party to work with me on the biggest crisis of our lifetime. And each time we’ve gotten ‘No,’” he said.[/blockquote]

Video and more commentary @ HotAir...
Data laughs
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Heh, it is pretty funny.

Dem's must be scrambling for an answer right now.

Watching them run in circles like headless chickens is one of life's sweet rewards.

;D

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Heh, it is pretty funny.

Dem's must be scrambling for an answer right now.

Watching them run in circles like headless chickens is one of life's sweet rewards.

;D

I'm enjoying it.
 ::danceban:: ::danceban:: ::danceban::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Only Georgie can stick his head up Stymie's butt and throw him softballs at the same time .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Only Georgie can stick his head up Stymie's butt and throw him softballs at the same time .

Streptococcus is predictable that way!

::hysterical::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Yeah, no sh*t Stymie. n now for the bonus question, who pushed us further into the ditch?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yeah, no sh*t Stymie. n now for the bonus question, who pushed us further into the ditch?

Obama himself said he took the keys to the car away from the Republican's, so, umm, ahh...that leaves just Obama, Pelosi & Reid in the car!