Author Topic: BET founder Robert Johnson to Obama: Lay off da rich folk!!  (Read 848 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
BET founder Robert Johnson to Obama: Lay off da rich folk!!
« on: October 03, 2011, 09:08:23 PM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/02/bets_robert_johnson_to_obama_stop_attacking_the_wealthy.html

BET founder Robert Johnson on the "FOX News Sunday" program: "Well, I think the president has to recalibrate his message. You don't get people to like you by attacking them or demeaning their success. You know, I grew up in a family of 10 kids, first one to go to college, and I've earned my success. I've earned my right to fly private if I choose to do so.

"And by attacking me it is not going to convince me that I should take a bigger hit because I happen to be wealthy. You know, it is the old -- I think Ted and Fred and I we both sort of take the old Ethel Merman approach to life. I've tried poor and I tried rich and I like rich better. It doesn't mean that I am a bad guy.

"I didn't go in to business to create a public policy success for either party, Republican or Democrat. I went in business to create jobs and opportunity, create opportunity, create value for myself and my investors. And that's what the president should be praising, not demagoguing us simply because Warren Buffet says he pays more than his secretary. He should pay the secretary more and she will pay more."

Word.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: BET founder Robert Johnson to Obama: Lay off da rich folk!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »
No.  I don't want anybody paying more; "they" have too much OPM to spend already.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: BET founder Robert Johnson to Obama: Lay off da rich folk!!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »
What an unpatriotic SOB this guy is. You know voted for the chump becauseof skin color so I guess he got hat he paid for. ::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.