Author Topic: End Of An Era: Hank Williams Jr Gets Rush Treatment, Fired By ESPN Over Speech  (Read 2863 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
ESPN sucks.

They do not deserve to broadcast football. They do not deserve to broadcast Monday Night Football.

Tonight they eliminated a 20+ year tradition of opening the event with a song by HWJr. because they did not like what he said about President NeoComm on FNC Monday morning...

The Hank Williams Jr. song that has opened Monday Night Football for 20 years was not part of the opening of this week's Indianapolis-Tampa Bay game after Williams made controversial comments about President Barack Obama.

Williams compared Obama to Adolf Hitler on Fox News Channel's "Fox and Friends" show Monday morning.

ESPN, in a statement, said: "While Hank Williams, Jr. is not an ESPN employee, we recognize that he is closely linked to our company through the open to Monday Night Football. We are extremely disappointed with his comments, and as a result we have decided to pull the open from tonight's telecast."

Here is the rest of the statement from the ESPN site.

ESPN, as you may remember, hired Rush for his opinion (and his ratings draw) and then promptly fired him for giving one.

They are gutless enemies of free speech.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
They've always been gutless enemies of free speech.  If I were Hank I'd go on offense.  But nobody executes blacklists quite so well as the MFM and the entertainment industry...ironic since these assholes are the loudest to bitch at the slightest hint of encroachment upon their right to voice their vile opinion.

The gross double standard continues...Lefties can utter whatever they want and its a resume enhancer...everybody else gets demonized into submission.

What's that remind you of?  Stalinism, Hitlerism, Sharia Law?  Yes, all of them.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
...If I were Hank I'd go on offense...

Hank is pretty universally loved by country music fans and everybody South of the Mason-Dixon line. I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of this.

He made a comment that most people should know isn't gonna fly without gas chambers and mass graves. But still, people are gonna look at this like it's Obama's fault that Hank's song no longer opens Monday Night Football. It's an American tradition, for Pete's sake. Because of a comment about this PoS that every Hank fan hates, Hank gets the boot? I don't think people are gonna shut up for that. Just a hunch.

ESPN made their move. I wonder if people will be encouraging the NFL to makes its move.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
On a semi-related note, I've had e-damn-nough of the pink everywhere in the NFL. I don't see it being Prostate Cancer Awareness Month on Dancing With the Stars or Desperate Housewives.

Of course I hate cancer. Of course I am all in favor of research and mammograms and everything. But beginning with the ever-more-prominent red AIDS ribbons in the early 90s, I'm just tired of symbolism being attached to every facet of culture. One reason is that it quickly takes on a life of its own and overshadows the cause, becoming a faddish sort of oneupmanship where insufficient deference to the symbolism is an unforgivable affront.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

It won't hurt his popularity at all.

I like the way F&F crew chokes and chokes on it. 
Those bi-coasters are so disassociated from reality
causes one to ponder their extrication.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Hank was fired for breaking Godwin's law, apparently.  So the metrosexual ESPN executive types go hire Madonna, I'm sure a long time favorite of them, who only a couple of years ago was...hard to believe I know...breaking Godwin's law, comparing Republicans to Hitler.

Attitude Adjustment---Hank Williams, Jr.

Dedicated to ESPN executives, everywhere, digging on Like a Virgin...

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I think I'm going to email ESPN and suggest that they hire David Allan Coe. I've never been a fan, myself, but I do know that he is infamous. How infamous? NSFW or anywhere else infamous. (Don't click on the link if you are easily offended. Seriously. Coe is crazy.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:44:28 AM by trapeze »

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Hank has never been "the sharpest pencil in the box" . He should have kept his mouth shut this time .

charlesoakwood

I think I'm going to email ESPN and suggest that they hire David Allan Coe. I've never been a fan, myself, but I do know that he is infamous. How infamous? NSFW or anywhere else infamous. (Don't click on the link if you are easily offended. Seriously. Coe is crazy.)

He'd probably write a song especially for them.

DAVID ALLAN COE - You Never Even Called Me By My Name

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Wow, ESPN fireworks over HW Jr comments & firing!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/racist-confederate-goons-heated-debate-erupts-on-espn-over-hank-williams-jr-departure/

As usual the leftists go right to name-calling and demonizing, forgetting how their side (the one benefiting from the double-standard) gets to call Bush Hitler a million times and even produce movies depicting his well deserved assassination, all in the name of "free speech" but as soon as somebody in the other camp uses their free speech the leftists go apesh*t!

Screw them!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Hank Jr. fires back with new protest tune...trashes Fox & Friends and ESPN for the way that they treated him.

And...it's available as a free download for the next day or two.

"Yeah you can keep 'Fox & Friends' and ESPN out of your homes too. 'Cause Bocephus and all his rowdy friends and his song is out of there," sings Williams, who is selling "Hank Jr. for President" T-shirts on his website.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:01:12 PM by trapeze »

charlesoakwood

Surviving a four hundred thirty two foot fall off a mountain which cracked open his skull, then holding in his brains 
until help arrived probably gave him a different perspective that F&F or ESPN does not enjoy.

charlesoakwood

[blockquote]

"I'll take the USA and y'all can keep the change"

[/blockquote]

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Hank Jr. fires back with new protest tune...

...it's available as a free download

Well, in case anyone had any doubts where Ol' Bocephus stands on the state of affairs!
 ::hysterical::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
I'll keep my Christian name and y'all can keep The Change.

::thinking::   ::laughonfloor::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
"I'll keep my freedom, I'll keep my guns/Try to keep my money and my religion too ... Keep the government out of my business/ and y'all can keep the change,"

charlesoakwood