Author Topic: Murdered Border Agent Terry force to use BEAN BAGS against armed Mexicans  (Read 5427 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Guests, feel free to register and join the discussion!

This is an absolute outrage.

CONFIRMED: Border Agent Terry Was FORCED TO USE BEANBAGS Against Armed Mexican Killers in AZ Before He Was Shot Dead

...Border Patrol agents shot beanbags at a group of suspected bandits before the men returned fire during a confrontation in a remote canyon, killing agent Brian Terry with a single gunshot, records show....

<snip>

...    The documents say the group of illegal border entrants refused commands to drop their weapons after agents confronted them at about 11:15 p.m. Two agents fired beanbags at the migrants, who responded with gunfire. Two agents returned fire, one with a long gun and one with a pistol, but Terry was mortally wounded in the gunfight.

Border Patrol officials declined to answer questions about protocol for use of force, citing the ongoing investigation.

But Terry’s brother, Kent Terry, said the other agents who were there that night told him that they were instructed to use the non-lethal beanbags first. It’s a policy that doesn’t make sense to Kent Terry.

“You go up against a bandit crew that is carrying AKs, and you walk out there with guns loaded with beanbags – I don’t get it,” Terry said in a phone interview from Michigan. “It’s like going to the Iraqi war with one knife. It boggles my mind. … These guys (Border Patrol agents) are professionals; they should be able to use their judgment call on their own.”

More @ gatewaypundit....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:09:00 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

BATF

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
If not for The Regime and it's henchmen like Holder, Nappy Jan...this story would be UFB, as it is, it is all too believable.

Just one one line item for impeachment proceedings IMO.

::cussing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

...a Center for Public Integrity  report that ATF supervisors allowed more than 1,700 guns to flow to straw buyers with the expectation the weapons might cross the border and even be used in crimes.
http://www.publicintegrity.org/blog/entry/2977/

Shovel ready jobs?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Federal Agent John Dodson: Hero. So the BATF supplied the Mexican cartels with AKs, and the Border Patrol supplied Agent Terry with a beanbag shooter. Heads need to roll, dammit.

Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico
ATF agent says "Fast and Furious" program let guns "walk" into hands of Mexican drug cartels with aim of tracking and breaking a big case

(CBS News)

WASHINGTON - Federal agent John Dodson says what he was asked to do was beyond belief.

He was intentionally letting guns go to Mexico?

"Yes ma'am," Dodson told CBS News. "The agency was."

An Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms senior agent assigned to the Phoenix office in 2010, Dodson's job is to stop gun trafficking across the border. Instead, he says he was ordered to sit by and watch it happen.

Investigators call the tactic letting guns "walk." In this case, walking into the hands of criminals who would use them in Mexico and the United States.

Dodson's bosses say that never happened. Now, he's risking his job to go public.

"I'm boots on the ground in Phoenix, telling you we've been doing it every day since I've been here," he said. "Here I am. Tell me I didn't do the things that I did. Tell me you didn't order me to do the things I did. Tell me it didn't happen. Now you have a name on it. You have a face to put with it. Here I am. Someone now, tell me it didn't happen."

<snip>

On Dec. 14, 2010, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was gunned down. Dodson got the bad news from a colleague.

According to Dodson, "They said, 'Did you hear about the border patrol agent?' And I said, 'Yeah.' And they said 'Well it was one of the Fast and Furious guns.' There's not really much you can say after that."

Two assault rifles ATF had let go nearly a year before were found at Terry's murder.

Dodson said, "I felt guilty. I mean it's crushing. I don't know how to explain it."
-
More at CBS.com....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:25:56 PM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I'd like to know ordered by whom and why are people following unlawful orders?

We are so fricken doomed!!!

::falldownshocked::

"Our subjects purchased 359 firearms during March alone," including "numerous Barrett .50 caliber rifles."

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/Grassley_2011_03_page14.pdf

Statement from Kenneth E. Melson, Acting Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives:

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will ask a multi-disciplinary panel of law enforcement professionals to review the bureau's current firearms trafficking strategies employed by field division managers and special agents. This review will enable ATF to maximize its effectiveness when undertaking complex firearms trafficking investigations and prosecutions. It will support the goals of ATF to stem the illegal flow of firearms to Mexico and combat firearms trafficking in the United States."

« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 06:51:21 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Oh, and get a load of Duh (Lame) Wun!

Nothing but happy happy thoughts about Mexico!

No mention of Project Gunwalker, no mention of Agent Terry, just all happy happy thoughts...

And the good news?  US Agents can't arm themselves in Mexico, yeah!  /

What a load of  ::cussing::

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/03/napolitano-calls-extradition-ice-agent-killing-ahead-calderon-meeting/#

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Hmmmmmm......  ::thinking::

I s'pose I see their logic. Increasing spending worked so well to reduce the debt, it's only logical that selling AK-47's to the Mexican cartels would reduce gun violence.

Fothermuckers. You got an agent murdered. You need to pay.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
"We do not carry out law enforcement activities inside of Mexico." - Øbongo

Since when?!  ::bashing::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I think maybe he meant in America!

::unknowncomic::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I still want to know why the cartels would want to bother with neutered AK-47 pattern rifles from the American civilian market when they can so easily get the real McCoy for much less money. I think the pattern of collusion goes far deeper than the ATF simply turning a blind eye supposedly to track their movement. Someone has to be "encouraging" the cartels or gunrunners.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

I still want to know why the cartels would want to bother with neutered AK-47 pattern rifles from the American civilian market when they can so easily get the real McCoy for much less money. I think the pattern of collusion goes far deeper than the ATF simply turning a blind eye supposedly to track their movement. Someone has to be "encouraging" the cartels or gunrunners.

The strawman was their man.

charlesoakwood

Redstate
[blockquote]As the sun is rising this morning, it appears more and more that the Obama Administration committed an actual, factual act of war against Mexico through sheer incompetence that has left at least one American border patrol agent murdered.[/blockquote]...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
 ::facepalm::

Yet again another item to list in the articles of impeachment!

::gaah::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Someone has to be "encouraging" the cartels or gunrunners.

Of course.   It's just like the poor schools and failing inner cities. They avoid solving the problem because they need the problem.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.

Since this operation was completed cartel activity is up.

The reality on the ground is the facts did not comport with the Feds narrative, so they fixed that little bit of peskiness.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Confirmed: Brian Terry Disarmed by the very bureaucrats who armed his killers

Eric Holder and anyone else involved in this should face charges of treason and face the prescribed penalty that fits the crime.

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

It's going to be difficult to sweep this under the rug.