Author Topic: Wednesday Chronicle: Eric Holder's Department of Injustice  (Read 840 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Wednesday Chronicle: Eric Holder's Department of Injustice
« on: October 05, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »
Reply |The Patriot Post no-reply@patriotpost.us to me
show details 11:16 AM (28 minutes ago)

Display images below - Always display images from no-reply@patriotpost.us
Read this on the Web at http://patriotpost.us/edition/2011/10/05/chronicle/

Chronicle · October 5, 2011

The Foundation
"It is necessary for every American, with becoming energy to endeavor to stop the dissemination of principles evidently destructive of the cause for which they have bled. It must be the combined virtue of the rulers and of the people to do this, and to rescue and save their civil and religious rights from the outstretched arm of tyranny, which may appear under any mode or form of government."
--Mercy Warren

Editorial Exegesis
"Eric Holder's Department of Injustice"Somewhere, Scooter Libby must be scratching his head. He was indicted and convicted simply because his recall of when a meeting occurred differed from others. He didn't lie about a gun-running operation that led to the deaths of two American agents and at least 200 Mexicans. But Attorney General Eric Holder did, according to memos obtained by CBS News and Fox News. They show Holder lied to Congress on May 2, 2011, when he was asked about when he knew about the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' Fast and Furious gun-running operation. He told House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa he was 'not sure of the exact date, but I probably learned about Fast and Furious over the last few weeks.' Holder learned of the operation as early as July 2010 in a memo from the director of the National Drug Intelligence Center informing him of an operation run by the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force out of the Phoenix ATF office, under which 'straw purchasers are responsible for the purchase of 1,500 firearms that were then supplied to Mexican drug cartels.' ... Holder, quite simply, has lied to Congress, although the defense now being offered is he didn't understand Issa's question, doesn't read all the memos sent to him or was otherwise out of the loop. It is perhaps the first time incompetence has been offered as a defense to possible charges of criminality. ... As Issa told radio talk show host Laura Ingraham last month: 'We have a paper trail of so many people knowing that the only way the attorney general didn't know is he made sure he didn't want to know. ... But if you don't want to know something of this sort, then you shouldn't have the job he has.' We'd go a step further. Baseball star Roger Clemens was equally vehement when he told a House committee in 2008: 'Let me be clear. I have never taken steroids or HGH.' Clemens was indicted for lying to Congress. The same should go for Eric Holder."
--Investor's Business Daily

Do you believe it's about time for Congress to indict Holder?

Dezinformatsia

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Wednesday Chronicle: Eric Holder's Department of Injustice
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »
Swing low, sweet chariot...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Re: Wednesday Chronicle: Eric Holder's Department of Injustice
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 11:55:37 AM »
Videos:GOP Demands Independent Counsel Investigate Holder’s Fast and Furious Lies

Ben Johnson,The White House Watch

"Eric Holder may have gone too far,even for the lawless Obama administration. He appears to have lied under oath about when he first learned about Operation Fast and Furious —and now Republicans are calling for an independent counsel to open an investigation that could end with him being bounced out of office,perhaps only steps before Barack Obama.

Testifying under oath before the House Judiciary Committee on May 3,Holder was asked by Congressman Darrell Issa when he had first learned of Operation Fast and Furious. Holder replied,“I’m not sure of the exact date,but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks.”But a July 5,2010,memo alerted Holder to the program nearly a year earlier. An October 18,2010,e-mail involving Jason Weinstein,Deputy Assistant Attorney General of the Criminal Division,similarly mentions the program by name. (Doug Book’s story has more of the details)

At the latest,Sen. Chuck Grassley has said Holder learned of the program “on January 31,when he came to my office for other discussions. I handed him a letter,asking for a lot of documents,and I was beginning my investigation of Fast and Furious.”

http://floydreports.com/videos-gop-demands-independent-counsel-investigate-holders-fast-and-furious-lies/